Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

Predator 2 Maquette – Final Production Gallery

predator-2-maquette-300159-13.jpg

Looks quite nice, still can't bring myself to buy it again though..

I'm kinda glad I cancelled this for the 2nd time. The final production looks odd for these reasons:
- the spear has been finished way too small!
- the teeth look way too thin or is that just me?

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

It's not as bad as I thought when they said they were using decals, but no close up shots of the armor makes the pics nearly useless. Head crown paint is very, very weird in the outer portion. Wrist blade is looking very dull. Reserving judgment on the netting, might be a tad thick. Everything else was already pointed out years ago, the quills, the shape of the mask, the dread, the spear... overall, this doesn't wow me.

Coming from a person who loves the Predator movies but is not an expert on the smaller details of the predators skin and armor bits, this looks amazing. That said, I'd pay about half of the price they're asking for it at most. I still can't understand why this thing costs $1200.

I still can't understand why this thing costs $1200.

Nobody can, the price is a big factor as to why this one has been judged so harshly I am sure. Not that the criticisms aren't valid, they certainly are but some of the issues would be easier to swallow if this were say $600 ish.

Coming from a person who loves the Predator movies but is not an expert on the smaller details of the predators skin and armor bits, this looks amazing. That said, I'd pay about half of the price they're asking for it at most. I still can't understand why this thing costs $1200.

It's 28" high, putting it at about the same size-ish as Lobo and Hulk PFs. And they both turned out amazing, yet were only $600 each. Is it because this is a maquette? Maquette, PF, statue, whatever. I have the Godzilla maquette, which was $800 retail. I didn't pay near that, and I'm glad I didn't. Having it in my hands, while I did end up liking it more than I thought I would, it's PF quality at best. It looks like it's easily in the same vein as Hulk and Lobo, and not even as detailed. Yet $600 vs $800? And this is $1200? Beats me.

Pred statues have always been pricy. More expensive to produce...look at the wolf lsf and cm pred...didnt both of those get canned before the entire production run finished? Theyre complex. I mean even this got pulled for a while.

Anyway...yeah I'm a huge stickler for details and I like accuracy but I really think this turned out nice. **** like the small spear and NO ****ING QUILLS piss me off but it still looks nice, and damn it, its my favorite pred.

I can see pricing, to an extent. It's a big piece, more expensive to prototype. Comes with many parts, more expensive to mold/cast. Workers are paid by hours, and having many parts to cast separately, then glue them together, assemble the whole thing, the netting, and so on... it's just a matter of how much time it takes to get the whole thing done right. So I could see the price if this was done right. With so many issues, it just doesn't make sense.
Even if they point out that this is the best they can achieve, it still doesn't make sense, at this price point you either do things right or you don't do them.

Machiko... 1:4 scale... Netting... Armour... Bio... Highly detailed base... Awesome... NOT $1,200.

I was just seriously thinking about giving it a chance tbh, but it is entirely too much money for what it is...

I'll wait for BBTS to put it up for 50% off. If not, then I guess a Predator in my collection was not meant to be. :p

Not terrible, but for a diehard... not great either. Especially not for the price. This'd be cool if it cost half the amount; I truly don't know where that extra $600 is going. A glorified PF with some fairly important media (like quills) missing. Big whoop.

Base paintjob is also a joke. They just airbrushed the whole corner, covering the trophy skull and the wall around it.

predator-2-maquette-300159-12.jpg

Couldn't be bothered to paint just the teeth or just the bones on the base of a $1.2K statue. That wouldn't have even required very much effort. This is some Bandai crap right here.

Back