Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

I rather just pass. If P1 does end up getting the license, whatever scale they do it in is going to blow SS out of the water. Just like their Optimus made the previously vaunted SS Optimus look like a cheap toy. I really hope they do, if I ever got this and P1 turned around with it I would kick myself ;p

I feel bad for all you predator superfans. I just read all these post and all the complaints and I look at the final product and I say... "Looks good to me"

Granted it's not 1200.00 good.

But I am far from a superfan especially of Part II.

Hope those that are getting this are happy with the final product.

What is all this about decals???? Where are the decals?

According to someone on SF decals are on the skin, which I have no idea, tbh they are a bit blurrier then the proto so I find it hard to believe they aren't painted cause they are so soft... but since I'm not gonna get it I v0ved anyways.

We should commission the dude who did the "giving the finger" hand for the LOBO statue.

Get him to hack / re-sculpt the head, correct the dreds, add quills, switch to open mandibles & re-sculpt (completely!) the bio, throw in a longer spear, then I could ALMOST put up with that base . . . almost.

As has been said SOOOO many times by better men than I - this is the Everest of missed opportunities :slap

Yea that's Spazzy, he probably would do it. But I would be down to do a commission. It not like predator statues are coming at us like SSC and Prime 1 are pumping out batman stuff so I'm good to pay for a side project .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did P1 ever rumor they are getting the Predator license?

I'm dying to see some new Predator pieces from another company with QUALITY in mind!

.'. /_\ RP /_\ .'.

I feel bad for all you predator superfans. I just read all these post and all the complaints and I look at the final product and I say... "Looks good to me"

Granted it's not 1200.00 good.

But I am far from a superfan especially of Part II.

Hope those that are getting this are happy with the final product.

What is all this about decals???? Where are the decals?

Why do you feel sorry for us? And why are we always grouped together as some kind of obsessive diseased group while the all other collectors are fine to pick at tiny details on their choice of characters? That really irks me as we hear it all the time and I'm speaking as somebody who has been singing the praises of the better aspects on this statue all along. You don't have to be a "superfan" to know that the bio on this is rubbish, the dreads are annoyingly goofy, the spear is tiny, the EX is unusable and decals aren't acceptable at the price point in the amount they have been used on this... All head and body markings.

Why do you feel sorry for us? And why are we always grouped together as some kind of obsessive diseased group while the all other collectors are fine to pick at tiny details on their choice of characters? That really irks me as we hear it all the time and I'm speaking as somebody who has been singing the praises of the better aspects on this statue all along. You don't have to be a "superfan" to know that the bio on this is rubbish, the dreads are annoyingly goofy, the spear is tiny, the EX is unusable and decals aren't acceptable at the price point in the amount they have been used on this... All head and body markings.

Sadly this is true being part of a few collectible sites, Myers, masks, Jason and movie replicas to name a few. Statue folks just seem to be uber picky for what they buy as well as wanting perfection for the lowest dollar, perfection to the point of fining anything to pick over on a mass produced product. ive shown this statue to friends who are into collecting various items and even screen used stuff and they think its fantastic. Probably 90% of the customers dont notice or care about half the stuff people here do. afterall this is a minor fraction of the whole collecting community.

1200$ is not what I'd call the lowest dollar. There's a difference between a piece that is "good" because it's big, overall detailed and has presence, as opposed to a piece that is good because it's actually accurate and produced with high standards.
The Chronicle Cain has one third of the edition size of this Predator and literally pisses on it in terms of complexity - yet it came out absolutely perfect at only 100$ more. Things like the biomask and the spear are not details and definitely not nitpicking, they're glaring mistakes on a product that is being marketed as a faithful reproduction of what has been used on screen.
The fact that 90% of the customers are perfectly glad to spend their money on this doesn't mean that the remaining 10% isn't throwing legitimate complaints.

1200$ is not what I'd call the lowest dollar. There's a difference between a piece that is "good" because it's big, overall detailed and has presence, as opposed to a piece that is good because it's actually accurate and produced with high standards.
The Chronicle Cain has one third of the edition size of this Predator and literally pisses on it in terms of complexity - yet it came out absolutely perfect at only 100$ more. Things like the biomask and the spear are not details and definitely not nitpicking, they're glaring mistakes on a product that is being marketed as a faithful reproduction of what has been used on screen.
The fact that 90% of the customers are perfectly glad to spend their money on this doesn't mean that the remaining 10% isn't throwing legitimate complaints.

nYmMc3j.gif

Also, I don't care what anybody says, having the same beard as this guy doesn't necessarily make me a super-fan...

aN1WdFG.jpg

I don't really have a beard...

it isa faithful reproduction, but nowhere is it stated that it is 100% screen accurate or a screen scan. Most folks wont even notice the slight differences in the mask or spear, again thats more of a preference of it being screen accurate to the prop or just accurate to the character. Cain was made using the actual filming prop so of course it is going to be a perfect reproduction piece by piece, that was also the same price as this piece for purchase. Yes $1200 isnt cheap but in the world of statues and replicas its not all that expensive. we also have no clue what percentage of that 1200 price tag is going to the license holder and whats going to sideshow. Not saying they are not legitimate complaints or issues but you also have to be realistic.

A decent sculpter looking at the character for the first time could do a better job by simply using pictures as reference.

it isa faithful reproduction

Sorry but, no. It's not. His whole masked head is wrong - bio AND dreads. This alone is a big portion of the whole sculpt.
Unmasked head has no quills (I might agree that this one is minor), and still wrong dreads.
The spear is clearly undersized, and weapons and gadgets are iconic. What if someone sculpted an Endoskeleton holding a ridicolously small rifle, wouldn't it bug you? Wouldn't it catch your eye every time you look at it? Or a T2 Arnold with an undersized minigun.

but nowhere is it stated that it is 100% screen accurate or a screen scan. Most folks wont even notice the slight differences in the mask or spear, again thats more of a preference of it being screen accurate to the prop or just accurate to the character. Cain was made using the actual filming prop so of course it is going to be a perfect reproduction piece by piece, that was also the same price as this piece for purchase. Yes $1200 isnt cheap but in the world of statues and replicas its not all that expensive. we also have no clue what percentage of that 1200 price tag is going to the license holder and whats going to sideshow. Not saying they are not legitimate complaints or issues but you also have to be realistic.

I see what you mean, but NECA nailed those parts in 2012. On a 90$ figure. You probably already know the figure, but if you don't, go check it, it's very good for the price. 18" masked City Hunter by NECA. Mask sculpt is pretty much spot on, dreads have the correct angle, spear is detailed and correctly sized. At 90$.
I mean, we're not debating about the inner tongue of his unmasked portrait not being sculpted in his mouth, or something so minor you can barely notice it, these are some signature elements of the character.

. . . Also, I don't care what anybody says, having the same beard as this guy doesn't necessarily make me a super-fan...

I don't really have a beard...

LMAO Matt.

And darb - sorry man - but you're talking bollocks.

but you also have to be realistic.
Yeah, expecting accuracy for $1200 is totally unrealistic.

The people that aren't familiar enough with the character to know what's wrong with this statue don't have any room to judge those of us who are.

I'm not gonna go in a Batman statue thread and call everyone who's complaining about it being inaccurate "whiners" or "nitpickers", just because the statue may "look good" to my uneducated and unknowledgeable eyes. :lol

This is an expensive, high-end statue. A certain level of accuracy is to be delivered. It hasn't been.

Yeah, expecting accuracy for $1200 is totally unrealistic.

The people that aren't familiar enough with the character to know what's wrong with this statue don't have any room to judge those of us who are.

I'm not gonna go in a Batman statue thread and call everyone who's complaining about it being inaccurate "whiners" or "nitpickers", just because the statue may "look good" to my uneducated and unknowledgeable eyes. :lol

This is an expensive, high-end statue. A certain level of accuracy is to be delivered. It hasn't been.

So true / well written :clap:exactly::goodpost:

it isa faithful reproduction, but nowhere is it stated that it is 100% screen accurate or a screen scan. Most folks wont even notice the slight differences in the mask or spear, again thats more of a preference of it being screen accurate to the prop or just accurate to the character. Cain was made using the actual filming prop so of course it is going to be a perfect reproduction piece by piece, that was also the same price as this piece for purchase. Yes $1200 isnt cheap but in the world of statues and replicas its not all that expensive. we also have no clue what percentage of that 1200 price tag is going to the license holder and whats going to sideshow. Not saying they are not legitimate complaints or issues but you also have to be realistic.

I appreciate you are financially invested in this, I was also so I do know the feeling. However does it really have to be stated anywhere that it is 100% accurate or is it fair to assume that is what is being aimed for here? It is called the "Predator 2 maquette", it is clearly the predator from P2 and is being sold as such. And in fairness it does look like it. Nobody is expecting 100% accuracy however I am sure, we are being realistic. I have the Neca 1/4 P2, it's plasticy and certainly not perfect but I love it because it looks like the P2 and it cost me £80 (it is also hand painted rather than covered in decals) I realistically can't expect any more from it. On to the SSC P2 maquette, it costs more than ten times that amount so will be held to account more which is to be expected. I've said time and time again that I love the pose and over all proportions etc, it is so close to being a win that it pains me. But for $1200 + shipping and taxes etc, is it really not realistic to expect a head sculpt as good as the one on the cheap Neca piece? Or better even...

EDIT: All of that said...

"Standing over 28 inches tall, in roughly 1:4 scale, the Predator 2 maquette captures every aspect of the cinema icon"

EDIT: All of that said...

"Standing over 28 inches tall, in roughly 1:4 scale, the Predator 2 maquette captures every aspect of the cinema icon"

thats worded carefully so it doesnt say 100% perfect. it stats every aspect of the p2 predator. meaning its all the components that make up the predator from p2

you guys fail to miss the point, not to mention this has been going on for 2 years, the same complaints over and over and over again. I bought this, im ok with those slight issues, yes they are slight, its not as if they are wrong to the character. how many of the people constantly complaining are actually going to buy it? bought it? or will be buying it? how many folks are just complaining and then finishing it with i would have gotten this if... the issues are valid but they are minor really with the grand scheme of things. i mean they literally are minor but you act as if his bio helmet is the wrong shape or version, that the dreds are completely wrong instead of just coming off the head wrong, or that the spear other than being slightly miss sized is completely off, and yes he's missing a couple quills. these are relatively minor issues really.

So... we did get the point? ;)

The bio really is the wrong shape, I would agree with you that it's actually a nice piece over all. And of course in the grand scheme of things the issues are insignificant, the whole hobby is. But here we are on a statue forum, talking about this particular statue and some of the sculpt issues certainly aren't insignificant. The reason people aren't buying is because of all of this stuff, it doesn't take away their right to talk about it. I did buy it, SS cancelled it, I have nearly bought it again on many occasions but the decals were the final nail in the coffin for me.

you guys fail to miss the point, not to mention this has been going on for 2 years, the same complaints over and over and over again. I bought this, im ok with those slight issues, yes they are slight, its not as if they are wrong to the character. how many of the people constantly complaining are actually going to buy it? bought it? or will be buying it? how many folks are just complaining and then finishing it with i would have gotten this if... the issues are valid but they are minor really with the grand scheme of things. i mean they literally are minor but you act as if his bio helmet is the wrong shape or version, that the dreds are completely wrong instead of just coming off the head wrong, or that the spear other than being slightly miss sized is completely off, and yes he's missing a couple quills. these are relatively minor issues really.

I could SO repeat my earlier post :wink1:

You are, however, correct when you say we "fail to miss the point" :)

We understand what you are claiming - and you are entitled to your opinion - we just disagree with some of the wildly innacurate statements you are making.

Back