Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And there is this one:

wvv3av.jpg

Is this what people actually believe? :lol

https://boards.theforce.net/threads...e-prequels-sets-pictures-models-etc.50017310/

Wow... I can get a real de-milled Sterling from unique canes for that price. Cool item but way too expensive.

I think having the real thing underneath truly separates what you have from the others. Yours looks great!

There are some cool options at Unique Canes: https://yhst-5672966975550.stores.yahoo.net/star-wars.html, especially the $499 and $599 versions. The $699 versions looks complete, but unfortunately it is not too accurate. You can get the lower versions instead and upgrade them yourself with parts from RPF and 501st. And ultimately have a great and accurate E-11

So the rainbow clone troopers being CGI means everything in the prequels were CGI? I agree it looks better with real suits but I also understand why Lucas opted for CGI'd clones. By the way those cutouts are taken out of context, literally. They look miles better in the movies with the appropriate backgrounds.

So the rainbow clone troopers being CGI means everything in the prequels were CGI? I agree it looks better with real suits but I also understand why Lucas opted for CGI'd clones. By the way those cutouts are taken out of context, literally. They look miles better in the movies with the appropriate backgrounds.

Not everything in the Prequels was CGI (fortunately). But comparing the OT with PT you can see a HUGE difference. In the TFN link you showed, which I've seen before (or you can get the Lorne Peterson Sculpting a Galaxy book), there were pics with the PT sets and so on. But just look around for the OT pictures, there is not enough space on a computer to hold all the pics showing the sets, props, studio scales etc. they built for the 3 OT movies. In PT Lucas used the green/blue screens even when not necessary.

And the clones will never look as good as the OT troopers no matter what background they put behind them, no matter what rainbow colors they add to their armors. Then just look at how many replica props you can make from OT props and finally look at PT for the same reason.

Not everything in the Prequels was CGI (fortunately). But comparing the OT with PT you can see a HUGE difference. In the TFN link you showed, which I've seen before (or you can get the Lorne Peterson Sculpting a Galaxy book), there were pics with the PT sets and so on. But just look around for the OT pictures, there is not enough space on a computer to hold all the pics showing the sets, props, studio scales etc. they built for the 3 OT movies. In PT Lucas used the green/blue screens even when not necessary.

And the clones will never look as good as the OT troopers no matter what background they put behind them, no matter what rainbow colors they add to their armors. Then just look at how many replica props you can make from OT props and finally look at PT for the same reason.

I don't disagree with you. I just took issue with the supposedly "funny" picture showing the difference between 1983 and 2005. You'd be surprised at how many people actually believe that is 100% true and not just a joke. Things like that get passed around and the ignorant will accept it as true. Then they see the real sets, props and models, animatronics, practical effects from the PT and they are amazed since they thought it was all CGI.

I think somewhere it was mentioned that the PT used more of "real stuff" than the OT. Just that Lucas didn't show us much of that behind the scenes because he wanted to promote "the future of film making", digital film and computer effects. He was really the pioneer of that stuff back in the days and thanks to him it's used more and more and the CGI of today looks way better than 10 years ago. Also one of the reasons I'd personally would like to see "Special Editions" of the PT with improved CGI. Especially for the clones. I understand why he did it and I understand why some don't like it. Personally it doesn't bother me as they look like a work of art in their own right in the PT, but it can be better, today.

And the reason why there are more OT replica props being made is because it's more popular. There are clone trooper replicas, helmets, weapons, figures and statues etc. It's not hard to make only because they were CGI in the movies.

You cannot really make a prop replica, helmet or studio scale off something that was completely CGI. You can make a statue, a bust or even a figure, but in this case the terms "prop replica" or "studio scale" don't really apply. If you are a prop collector you already know that. If not, I'd advise anyone to do a search and realize why. :)

By definition you can't make a prop replica of something that was never a prop, but you can still make replicas. I don't see the issue really.

I mentioned this in the mara jade thread but I thought I'd post it here. This just showed up the other day.
WIN_20140201_142420.JPG

By definition you can't make a prop replica of something that was never a prop, but you can still make replicas. I don't see the issue really.

Of course you can make a replica after almost anything, but I'm only talking about physical props and studio scales. I'm not really interested in replicas made after CGI stuff (with one minor non-Star Wars exception, but that is another story)

I mentioned this in the mara jade thread but I thought I'd post it here. This just showed up the other day.
View attachment 91642

Very nice!

Saber forge, but I would not reccomend them unless you are really after an affordable Mara. They have a bit of a reputation.

All of the above. Mine was supposed to ship in 3-5 days, it shipped after 2 months. That is good by most stories I have heard. They have HUGE quality controls issues as well and are known for not responding once you've received a defective item. They take the money and run. That mostly has to do with electronics though, which I have no interest in.

I just recently bought the eFX Stormtrooper helmet,the one with the green lenses.
Then I saw they had the Wedge Antilles X-Wing helmet up for pre-order.
I looked on Amazon and when I searched eFX I found out they had a Luke Skywalker X-Wing helmet and it was listed cheaper than
what BBTS has it for sale.
I ordered it and my twin brother Shaun&EdFan said he'd pay for it.
I read the reviews so my question is to anyone who has the Luke helmet.
Is it wearable?
I heard it is but it's a little tight.
If this helmet is cool I might get the Wedge one too.

Yep the eFX Luke helmet is 1:1 and a wearable replica. It is really only tight where the visor touches your nose. It is a cool helmet. The Wedge helmet appears to be well done too. Be careful Trafford you are on a slippery slope my friend... 1:1 props and replicas are addicting. You will soon want a Vader helmet and the new Boba Legend. And then once you venture into the fan made replicas, from companies like RS props you will be hooked. 1:1 scale items display very nice and have a museum realism nothing else can come close to. ;) have fun though man.

Back