Possible Oblivion Jack Harper figure from Play Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone any dealings with this company...is it likely it will actually turn out like this.
I think it's impressive enough.

The sculpt looks exactly like their Mission Improbable figure and the paint on that sculpt was good.

Hm. I like this. I prefer the other headsculpt they offer, with the neutral eyes, as this one has a bit of the Vulcan look going on, but the fair price here is tempting me. I did love the movie.

Play Toy did a previous Cruise sculpt? Or are you talking about the mint Brother Production version? Or is it same sculptor, but different companies? I was thinking the BP sculpt might be a nice alternative option. I think I prefer it, but I like how the expressions are different.

Either way, both sculpts look pretty good. I'll wait to see how the one on the figure looks in hand before picking up the BP one.

Play Toy did a previous Cruise sculpt? Or are you talking about the mint Brother Production version? Or is it same sculptor, but different companies? I was thinking the BP sculpt might be a nice alternative option. I think I prefer it, but I like how the expressions are different.
Yes sorry, my mistake. You're correct, the Brother Production ones are the two I am speaking of. This Play Toy looks an awful lot like Brother Production's "B" sculpt; I prefer "A".

Where do you all recommend to preorder this from? I don't see it at my usual retailers.

Happened to re-watch "Oblivion" tonight and I wouldn't mind picking up this figure. It does look pretty good in those promo shots.

Yeah, Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow are really underrated movies. It's too bad they both underperformed at the box office. Oblivion had a good soundtrack too.

I'm looking into ordering this Oblivion figure and also that MI:3 fig (VTS Toys 1/6 (VM-012): AGENT HUNTER).

Has there ever been a good 1/6 Top Gun Maverick?

There actually was a Top Gun Maverick figure released a couple of years ago. But it wasn't in his flight suit but his motorcycle riding outfit. (Jeans, T-shirt and leather jacket.) I can't remember how the sculpt was, though, but the set did appear to be well made.

Now that I think about it, I think Hot Toys released a Maverick and "Ice-man" pilot figures, back when Hot Toys was starting out.

Yeah, Oblivion and Edge of Tomorrow are really underrated movies. It's too bad they both underperformed at the box office. Oblivion had a good soundtrack too.

I'm looking into ordering this Oblivion figure and also that MI:3 fig (VTS Toys 1/6 (VM-012): AGENT HUNTER).

Has there ever been a good 1/6 Top Gun Maverick?

I am by no means an expert in Top Gun(I've seen it a few times, but couldn't tell about Tom's flight suit), but this set has been on sale for a few months, and they use the Tom cruise headsculpt to sell it.
I know the helmet is wrong for Maverick as he had black and red stripes, but if this is relatively accurate to the Tomcat suit, might be worth picking up for a Mav custom:

Very Hot U s Navy VFA 41 Black Aces Pilot Set 1 6 in Stock | eBay

ZCWO released an unofficial Maverick figure a few years back. I didn't buy the whole figure but did get 2 of the headsculpts and 2 of the leather jackets loose (1 went on my Ripley figure). The headsculpt was one of the best available at the time. I have my Jack Harper figure on Pre-order from KG Hobby.

Pilot_Carson.jpg

Back