Pop Culture Shock's DC license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This only makes sense if it's 1/5 or 1/6 scale. It's a market that DC Direct used to fill, but isn't now. It's a lower price point, most collectors would prefer them since you can display more. I really don't understand the 1/4 scale or nothing mentality.

Im new the 1/4 scale arena, Ive collected 1/6 for years. But now that Ive been turned onto 1/4 I personally wont go back. Its about progression I would say.

This only makes sense if it's 1/5 or 1/6 scale. It's a market that DC Direct used to fill, but isn't now. It's a lower price point, most collectors would prefer them since you can display more.

I'm starting to like the idea of 1/5 1/6 scale, for easier displaying options.

PCS is getting into their 1/3 scale line now, I feel that this will be at least 1/4.

I might have no room for it tho!

1:4 is ok size. It's just the recent DC line, the bases are humongous.

I see these being 1/4 maquettes and maybe 1/3 figures of the main biggies. The market could definitely take it if they stick to their low ESs. Josh I think that is a Scorpion 1/3. Ppl on SF think its Skeletor as well but to me it doesn't make sense to release a 1/3 before they've finished with a 1/4

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

This is going to make a huge impact on DC collectables!

I think pcs might get in there before XM studios dies with their amazing bases!

The more we talk about this, the more suspense I'm having over this piece.

I can't see doing 1/4 unless it's mixed media. Now if it's 1/3 scale Mixed media - that would make sense. I just think that the Bowen size statue is truly needed for DC, especially with SSC going bigger and bigger with their 1/4 scale.

Sooner or. Later XM will get the DC license. They have proved they can sell their Marvel stuff

Sooner or. Later XM will get the DC license. They have proved they can sell their Marvel stuff

grumpy+coach.jpg

And Confirmation that these are not 1/4 scale

Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Hi Jerry,

Since this is the case with the 1:1 busts does this also mean the the statues you're making for the DC line are not 1/4 scale? If so, which scale are concentrating on?

They are not 1:4. I know there will be many groans because of that but it was a conflict with Sideshow and nothing I can do about it.

They are really there own category. its something new that I think is cool and I hope others agree.

Also on another note, something a litte meh about.

The DC statues are pvc, like Kotobukiya, but they are not the technique I have discussed. Still looking for the right thing to try that on.

Back