Pop Culture Shock's DC license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3cbeeddb4e0b8dbb6baeab83067aa6385f9290e7c434d0ee6a85973cca7688ef.jpg

Thanks so much, that actually did make my day feel so much better :lol

To be honest SS have been doing an awesome job with there DC licence so far so all is good to be honest. Would of been cool to see a 1/4 PCS Batman though

Thanks so much, that actually did make my day feel so much better :lol

To be honest SS have been doing an awesome job with there DC licence so far so all is good to be honest. Would of been cool to see a 1/4 PCS Batman though

Agreed, I just figured from the beginning that Sideshow would have paid for Exclusive North American rights to do the 1/4 scale statues so i didn't get my hopes up. I'm a little surprised that no companies are opening up in Europe just to get the rights in that region....

So I was right, it ISN'T 1/4, but **** PVC. I don't care how good they look. Whatever, more money available for other statues

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeah, once I read that it was PVC, I was like **** that, Im outtie! Leave the PVC to the toy collectors. :lol

I think the fact that PCS doesn't have a 1/4 license, and is doing something in some unknown, and possibly not really tapped scale isn't good news for all of those that were hoping that XM would get a 1/4 DC license anytime soon. Honestly, the moment Jerry said it had to do with difficulties with SSC, and my guess it they flexed their muscles, well I just kind of figure that XM will have to wait awhile.

I think the fact that PCS doesn't have a 1/4 license, and is doing something in some unknown, and possibly not really tapped scale isn't good news for all of those that were hoping that XM would get a 1/4 DC license anytime soon. Honestly, the moment Jerry said it had to do with difficulties with SSC, and my guess it they flexed their muscles, well I just kind of figure that XM will have to wait awhile.

I don't think Sideshow even has to say a word. SSC said just a month ago or so they renewed the DC license for more years. Basically if it's an exclusive North American license when other companies come to the table DC has to turn them down due to contractual issues. No one wants to be sued, that's for sure.

I don't think Sideshow even has to say a word. SSC said just a month ago or so they renewed the DC license for more years. Basically if it's an exclusive North American license when other companies come to the table DC has to turn them down due to contractual issues. No one wants to be sued, that's for sure.

XM doesn't distribute in North America, it is secondary retailers that do, BUT I still have a feeling that when it comes to DC SSC is going to be more protective then they are with the Marvel license.

XM doesn't distribute in North America, it is secondary retailers that do, BUT I still have a feeling that when it comes to DC SSC is going to be more protective then they are with the Marvel license.

Possibly, it has only been a few years. They've had Marvel for quite some time. And if you think about it Gentle Giant was already producing 1/4 scale Marvel Movie properties before and SSC hadn't said a word. It's very possible also that SSC has the marvel license but only with certain provisions which might cut costs to them for having it and there by allowing other companies a share of the pie, where the DC license might be totally exclusive for the time being.

Possibly, it has only been a few years. They've had Marvel for quite some time. And if you think about it Gentle Giant was already producing 1/4 scale Marvel Movie properties before and SSC hadn't said a word. It's very possible also that SSC has the marvel license but only with certain provisions which might cut costs to them for having it and there by allowing other companies a share of the pie, where the DC license might be totally exclusive for the time being.

DC is literally their golden goose m8. More than $10 Million just from the Trinity. They are going to protect that one I am sure.

DC is literally their golden goose m8. More than $10 Million just from the Trinity. They are going to protect that one I am sure.

If you can sell 2000 $400 items in 4 days, you're going to protect that business all day long :lol I still want to see exactly what PCS is going to come up with though. Like I said before, Koto has turned me way off with their head sculpts. If PCS can do a vinyl statue that's inexpensive and can come in some where between 1/6 and 1/5 scales or something to that effect I'd snag at least a Batman if their sculpts don't suffer from the same lack of detail in the face Koto's do.

So I was right, it ISN'T 1/4, but **** PVC. I don't care how good they look. Whatever, more money available for other statues

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeah, once I read that it was PVC, I was like **** that, Im outtie! Leave the PVC to the toy collectors. :lol

Okay, I gotta know - what difference does it make whether its vinyl or resin? It's all plastic of one stripe or another. Please don't give me the "polystone" nonsense, because its just a name for resin with a filler added. I don't like these pieces because they're Z-Brush sculpts and look it. Pieces that look way too symmetrical, with precious few textural differences are the earmark of a technician and not an artist.

Okay, I gotta know - what difference does it make whether its vinyl or resin? It's all plastic of one stripe or another. Please don't give me the "polystone" nonsense, because its just a name for resin with a filler added. I don't like these pieces because they're Z-Brush sculpts and look it. Pieces that look way too symmetrical, with precious few textural differences are the earmark of a technician and not an artist.

In general all the PVC pieces I've seen have been meh. It's just that simple. However, I'm open to see what someone can do with it.

Back