Plinkett's Episode 3 review!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His insights are surprisingly intelligent. Guess the voice is ironic or something. Could do without.

This is still my fave part. Just sums it up totally IMO. (even though some argue with good points that the ep2 review is tops)

1:35 in LULZ

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fIWKMgJs_Gs?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

"From total control on every aspect of the film. From the acting, writing, directing, casting etc. THIS WAS THE RESULT?"

:rotfl

Also the Sam Jackson ____ is DEAD on!

"Jackson's strength as an actor is not playing someone that is reserved and wise. It's playing BAD MOTHER____ERS!" :)

"So in short, Jackson was cast not because he would be good for the part, but because his name would bring in extra dollars and an audience that might not have come otherwise"

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/o-isAmaVbsM?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Last edited:
"So in short, Jackson was cast not because he would be good for the part, but because his name would bring in extra dollars and an audience that might not have come otherwise"

I highly doubt anyone went to see Star Wars solely because Samuel Jackson was in it.

Last edited:
This is still my fave part. Just sums it up totally IMO. (even though some argue with good points that the ep2 review is tops)

1:35 in LULZ

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fIWKMgJs_Gs?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

:clap:clap:clap You're absolutely right and surprisingly, I agree 100%. The TPM ending was far too busy and complex for the feeble minded PT haters to follow.

I take a great deal of offense at this. Simply because I think that the review or parody of a review or whatever you wish to call it, is too long, you decide that I must not be intelligent enough to get it. That is arrogant and conceited and I urge you to not be so closed minded to people who have an opinion that is contrary to your own.

And trust me, I don't need you to explain ANYTHING to me.

LOL @ anyone who would be offended by anything I post.

I urge you not to take offense at anybody's silly postings. I don't. Otherwise I would get offended at being called closed minded, arrogant, and conceited.

All of which, of course are true.

:nana:

I actually like TPM overall, but I can't dispute a single one of his points. You're coming off as an apologist here, IMHO.

Ah, the end all be all "go to" for the lame. :monkey1 I've no need to apologize for a man doing whatever he wants with something he owns. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't waste energy on it. You apparently feel he raped your childhood, thus feel compelled to call me an apologist for pointing out the obvious.

If the movie's ending was that hard to follow, considering even small children got it, you're (being general here) a blatant idiot with ADHD and the recall ability of a gold fish.

I said I liked it overall. But I like it in spite of its faults. Lucas didn't rape my childhood, but I do feel like these movies could've been a lot better.

I said I liked it overall. But I like it in spite of its faults. Lucas didn't rape my childhood, but I do feel like these movies couldn't been a lot better.

I think you meant "could have been"... and I agree.

The problems with the PT stem from the fact that there was no reasonable soundboard for Lucas to tell him there were problems.

That being said, I enjoy them and never have felt like my childhood was somehow diminished a result of his movies.

The arguements wouldn't exist if the Original Trilogy wasn't so good and a integral part of so many people's childhood.

Okay the originals are very good and the news ones aren't...it separates them even more so.

I love that Rick McCallum is just starring into space, thinking "what the hell did I just watch!?"

Okay the originals are very good and the news ones aren't...it separates them even more so.

I love that Rick McCallum is just starring into space, thinking "what the hell did I just watch!?"

Yeah, and certainly doesn't help the creative process to be surrounded by Yes Men and lackies, not that anybody could have gotten through to him.

I remember reading about the first edit of Star Wars and how little it resembled the film we all know and love. the first edit, from what I have read was utter garbage and had it been released the way it was, would have gone nowhere. Of course, I have not seen any of the first edit and I am not sure where the blame lies, on Lucas or the Editor.

The point is, if someone had been there to say, hey, this needs to be completely retooled and re thought out, like with the first Star Wars, we might have had something great, instead of something that was just okay.

Yeah, and certainly doesn't help the creative process to be surrounded by Yes Men and lackies, not that anybody could have gotten through to him.

I remember reading about the first edit of Star Wars and how little it resembled the film we all know and love. the first edit, from what I have read was utter garbage and had it been released the way it was, would have gone nowhere. Of course, I have not seen any of the first edit and I am not sure where the blame lies, on Lucas or the Editor.

The point is, if someone had been there to say, hey, this needs to be completely retooled and re thought out, like with the first Star Wars, we might have had something great, instead of something that was just okay.

I remember reading that Lucas and his wife recut Star Wars from the first edit pulling late nights to get it in on time.

Back