Plinkett's Episode 3 review!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure you are getting what these "reviews" are about. They are more episodes of entertainment rather than reviews. The review is the just the background. Quite an original idea really.

No, I get it, and like I said, it was hilarious, just 70 minutes is an awful long time for what is still a review, even if it is played for laughs.

Sometimes things must be overthunk to explain something to those who underthunk. :duh

I take a great deal of offense at this. Simply because I think that the review or parody of a review or whatever you wish to call it, is too long, you decide that I must not be intelligent enough to get it. That is arrogant and conceited and I urge you to not be so closed minded to people who have an opinion that is contrary to your own.

And trust me, I don't need you to explain ANYTHING to me.

I take a great deal of offense at this. Simply because I think that the review or parody of a review or whatever you wish to call it, is too long, you decide that I must not be intelligent enough to get it. That is arrogant and conceited and I urge you to not be so closed minded to people who have an opinion that is contrary to your own.

Funny. I could say the same about your stand on HT getting the SW license. :tap

Funny. I could say the same about your stand on HT getting the SW license. :tap

Then I don't know what your reading, because all I have stated in that thread is that I would like to have and would be satisfied with HT producing Primary characters for the SW line. For some reason, you seem to think that spells doom for Star Wars. I actually took your comments as being sort of know-it-allish and arrogant as well, but I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. It seems strange that some people are threatened by the ideas or opinions of others. I never said anything about you personally, now did I? But you seemed to have assumed (in that thread) that I did not know what I was talking about. I am new to HT, but I have been collecting Sideshow for years. I do not have familiarity with HT's business practices, but I like their work.

Why are you so threatened by HT making Primary Star Wars characters after Sideshow is finished (or outbid) for the license?

Can't wait, this will be awesome. I hope he doesn't go easy on it considering most people don't mind Episode III compared to Episode I and Episode II.

Go easy on it? Who am I kidding this is Plinkett. :rotfl

This guy's like the champion of the "Lucas raped my childhood" crybabies. Like insects to a bug zapper, they brainlessly flock to his reviews applauding them as justification for more hating on the PT. :monkey1

Missed this post earlier. :rock I agree. You can pretty much do this with any movie given enough time and thought.

I remember seeing Ep. I and so many people loving it, then as it became popular to bash it, so many of them joined in. Ep. I is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, could have been so much better, but I still enjoyed it for what it was, a long over-due return to Lucas' Galaxy.

Well, anybody who changes their opinion of a movie based on a review or perceived popular opinion is severely lacking upstairs in the first place. But, the one review I did watch I found quite funny, even if I did have problems with it.

Now, I have yet to watch the Episode 2 Review, that one I may agree with him on. ;) I love Star Wars, but I cannot stand Ep. II.

Last edited:
What gets me are the ones that are bashing are same people watch them over and over, and have to constantly share their hatred with everyone despite sounding like a broken record.

I think these debates and arguments wouldn't exist if the movies were actually good in the first place.

The arguements wouldn't exist if the Original Trilogy wasn't so good and a integral part of so many people's childhood. No matter how well or poorly made Episode 1 had been, I think it would have had a huge number of detractors simply for not being exactly what so many fan's wanted it to be. If you view them separately, apart from the OT, it is much easier to enjoy. That being said, I would still love to hit the do over button on Ep I and II. Jar Jar and Anakin replaced or recast, beef up Darth Maul's role, well, I cant start naming all the things I would love to change, or this post would be several pages long. I can actually stomach Ep. 1 over Ep. 2 any day of the week. I remember hating the Ewoks in ROTJ, part of me thinks Lucas put Jar Jar in Ep. 1 to make the Ewoks seem more palatable. ;)

As for Ep. III, I really enjoyed it and felt it was somewhat of a return to form for Lucas. I would still love to re-cast Anakin, but I consider Ep. III to be a worthy addition to the Star Wars Saga.

Last edited:
This too. I actually thought he had a speech impediment the first time I watched one of his videos.

I hope you know it's just a character voice. And that Mr. Plinkett is not a real serial killer who goes around and tries to feed half naked women to flesh eating cockroaches unless they put together 5 jigsaw puzzles in 60 minutes.....

And his movies are hardly "OMG DEY RAPED MAH CHILDHOOD" but actual deconstructions on what makes them so damn stupid. The only one that was the most factual was AOTC. Right on the money.

TPM was awesome, but he did over think some stupid things. ROTS will be OK....but the movie, while still terrible, wasnt quite as bad, and actually has some of the coolest moments in the saga.

Back