Please avoid eBay auctions from "life-luck"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
Please avoid eBay auctions from "life-luck" & "asamchen168"

UPDATE: asamchen168 has now also been added to the fraud alert list. Please help us out by avoiding and reporting his actions to Ebay! And if you have his email address, please let us know!

Another known re-caster has been added to our fraud alert list. Please avoid any eBay auctions from "life-luck" (email: [email protected]). Please report these auctions to eBay.

Additionally, if you notice any other sellers that appear suspect, please send them along to us and we will investigate. Full instructions and details can be found here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5442

Last edited:
This guys has a mini SideShow sweatshop...:lol

eulle8zp.jpg

c059f9ew.jpg

ublv3r9w.jpg

If the RIAA can sue people for copyright infringement, why can't Sideshow? They must have some sort of legal staff to take on the heavy hitters like this D-bag.

If the RIAA can sue people for copyright infringement, why can't Sideshow? They must have some sort of legal staff to take on the heavy hitters like this D-bag.

It's almost impossible to sue someone in China with the high level of corruption, and frankly not worth the $$$. Better to shut them down and just deal with the others that pop up.

You think it's bad when it comes to busts, statues, etc.? It's worse and more cut throat when it comes to 1:6 due to so many companies engaging in bootlegging and buyer/collector indifference.

Oh my god! It's scary how similar they are. :(

Thanks for the heads up!

Looking at some of the questions asked it seems people are more than willing to buy recasts some are even requesting different statues.
I've seen an orginal Predator bust go for similar money in the UK, idiots.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5442#step1

Also, when they have multiple items in their photos that look like they've just come off the product line, that's a good identifier. Or if they don't show photos of their 'in-hand' product at all, but instead just use photos from our site. Sometimes it's also in the wording of their auction... if they don't specifically use the words 'Sideshow Collectibles' or if they say something like 'based off of' or 'model kit'. When in doubt, post the link to the auction here on the board and have everyone weigh in - and ask lots of questions to the seller. The best thing you can do when you find an auction you strongly believe to be fraudulent is to report the auction to eBay (and remind your fellow collectors to do the same), and then send it to us at: [email protected]

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5442#step1

Also, when they have multiple items in their photos that look like they've just come off the product line, that's a good identifier. Or if they don't show photos of their 'in-hand' product at all, but instead just use photos from our site. Sometimes it's also in the wording of their auction... if they don't specifically use the words 'Sideshow Collectibles' or if they say something like 'based off of' or 'model kit'. When in doubt, post the link to the auction here on the board and have everyone weigh in - and ask lots of questions to the seller. The best thing you can do when you find an auction you strongly believe to be fraudulent is to report the auction to eBay (and remind your fellow collectors to do the same), and then send it to us at: [email protected][/B]

Hi Dusty,
I have taken your advice and reported a couple ebay auctions
containg fake sideshow products (Aleins warrior bust)
Here is the response I recived from ebay today

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your concern with asamchen168. Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this information. I understand how this situation could be of some concern. I have reviewed the information that you provided regarding item number 110504627313, but at this point find that I do not have enough evidence to show that the member has violated any eBay rules. Regrettably, we will only be able to take action if the Rights Owner writes to us. In some instances, sellers may have obtained permission touse the material. Therefore, we often cannot remove listings based on the representations of third parties whose credentials we cannot verify. We do understand the potential for further issues in this type of situation. That is why, if you feel strongly about this issue, we recommend that you contact the Rights Owner, and recommend that they contact us directly. Once we hear from them, we will take appropriate action. To submit another report to us, please click the "Report this item" linkat the bottom of the listing. We appreciate your concern in helping to keep eBay a safe and reputable forum in which to conduct business. With best regards, Leo E.eBay Community Watch

Basicaly from that response and the part I have hilighted in red,
tells us that sideshow needs to contact ebay to take action.
That is are only hope of these frauds being shut down.
I hope Sideshow does something.

Theres another one at it now too, he is selling a Spiderman Ex but cant supply the numbers, when asked he says he has more of 1 and also Hulks. If the market is getting this flooded with fakes I think ill have to stop buying off Ebay

Back