Playstation 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mouse And Keyboard was possible on PS2, but most games don't support them on PS3, for obvious reasons like fairness on MP, they at most allow the use of PS Move since it has pro & cons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2fIsi1Cc9k

BF4 on PC for me then.

Edit: I see this was brought up on the previous page..

Gameplay is better with mouse + keyboard. IMHO. I wonder, will it be possible to connect a mouse and keyboard to the PS4? I think it was possible with the PS3.

Also one thing about Console gaming is that prices hardly drops, whether it's hardcopy, softcopy, DLC & those not so useful avatars/themes & usually have to wait til Game Of The Year/Best edition or PSN sales, while on PC & Handphones you occasionally get those Humble Bundle kind of deals, simply because the companies has already sold more than enough copies and they are trying to milk extra profit by targeting non-gamers who has a PC & Phone that runs the game.

After 5 years Valkyria Chronicle DLC still cost the same as they 1st released, it ends up more expensive than my used copy i got.

Downloadable games need to be cheapened, 59.99$ for an in store hard copy is the same on whatever console network you got... it's ridiculous.

If it's cheaper who would wanna buy the hard copy unless they don't have internet connection? That would make game shops (which is their biggest customers) close their business.

but I guess $5-$10 less to compensate the lack of physical satisfaction does no harm.

but consoles will never get a $5 Humble Bundle deals like PC is getting, since they know for console buyers, those that wanted to play their game would have bought the game already, it works on PC because there's still many people who owns a PC yet are not into games and these kind of deals can attract new customers & many probably don't mind spending 5 bucks on 5 games (for themselves or some kid).

But DLC that never drops in price & are overpriced the 1st day, just hate that.

Downloadable games need to be cheapened, 59.99$ for an in store hard copy is the same on whatever console network you got... it's ridiculous.

Digital versions make a lot more for publishers, they can drop the price of digital and still make more than the physical copies. As for the stores, I think people would still prefer to buy physical copies of games that they really like, or just for the speed since next-gen games are going to be pretty big downloads. They only need to worry when download speeds increase and digital becomes the only option.

Well, 1st off, Stores are publisher's no.1 customers, Stores basically place orders in huge number even before the game is completed, it's like folks doing preorders where publishers managed to secure certain number of sales, but most folks still buy at store instead of preorder, thus if they decide cut off the game shops and sell directly to customers, it might generated more profit per game sold but the quantity would be less and people will be waiting for reviews etc before making purchase since digital copies will never get sold out and price remains pretty stagnant.

Also you cannot see shops as solely the place for people to buy games, it's also a very cheap way to promote your games, and shops would do their own promoting on the games, thus pretty much free advertisement, and the publicity is much bigger & cheaper than say making adverts on TV, websites etc since everywhere you go you'll spot a game shop. Even though cost of producing hard copies are high & distribution network can cost alot, cost of running servers aren't that cheap either.

And of course resell value of hardcopies is there while you can't sell your digital copies. Thus you can say digital copies make much more profit than hardcopies. However hardcopies will remain for the sake of publicity & keeping the gaming industry alive. Pretty similar to music industry.

Digital versions make a lot more for publishers, they can drop the price of digital and still make more than the physical copies. As for the stores, I think people would still prefer to buy physical copies of games that they really like, or just for the speed since next-gen games are going to be pretty big downloads. They only need to worry when download speeds increase and digital becomes the only option.

On the PSN most games start at £49.99 and pretty much stay there while retail copies start around £39.99 and steadily drop pretty soon after.

I'd buy digital copies of games. If it was cost effective

Well, 1st off, Stores are publisher's no.1 customers, Stores basically place orders in huge number even before the game is completed, it's like folks doing preorders where publishers managed to secure certain number of sales, but most folks still buy at store instead of preorder, thus if they decide cut off the game shops and sell directly to customers, it might generated more profit per game sold but the quantity would be less and people will be waiting for reviews etc before making purchase since digital copies will never get sold out and price remains pretty stagnant.

Also you cannot see shops as solely the place for people to buy games, it's also a very cheap way to promote your games, and shops would do their own promoting on the games, thus pretty much free advertisement, and the publicity is much bigger & cheaper than say making adverts on TV, websites etc since everywhere you go you'll spot a game shop. Even though cost of producing hard copies are high & distribution network can cost alot, cost of running servers aren't that cheap either.

And of course resell value of hardcopies is there while you can't sell your digital copies. Thus you can say digital copies make much more profit than hardcopies. However hardcopies will remain for the sake of publicity & keeping the gaming industry alive. Pretty similar to music industry.

The cost of selling a digital copy of a game is much much cheaper than the production of a boxed game. Not only for the manufacturing cost, but also because stores have to make a profit, so a store might buy a game for $30 and sell it for $60, it's much better to sell it digitally for $55 and pay for their online services for like $10 per game.
Publishers won't go digital-only though until they know they don't need places like Gamestop, that time isn't here yet.

itunes been selling music for long time now, we don't see them exactly a replacement for Music Shops. harcopy goes on discount because they take up space & shops has to recover some of their costs while digital stock just sit there waiting to be bought.

However the stagnant price only happens on console, PC games get alot of superb deals once in a while. i got my counterstrike complete for $10 when each game cost more. And i don't have to pay for Xboxlive or PSN4 just to play online and the connections pretty good.

Can say that console's a niche market thus price won't fall too much.
However the same reason makes used copy of console games worth much more than PC games, even though PC versions of the same games never gets outdated for another 20 years while console you have to buy the new version of the same game every 5 years like MGS & Sonic The Hedgehog, fun if you enjoy collecting games but not if you just want to replay it, replaying each version 10 times just to unlock stuffs you have already did isn't that fun either.

Another thing is console servers are usually ran by companies themselves instead of allowing private host, this adds up all the cost by alot & meaning once the games gets old, the server gets shutdown, which explains why MS charge fees for Xboxlive. Games like Starcraft 1 & Counter-strike 1.6 still very active online with private servers, wish Consoles can make such things possible, but guess they won't since Trophies & rankings such an important thing.

The cost of selling a digital copy of a game is much much cheaper than the production of a boxed game. Not only for the manufacturing cost, but also because stores have to make a profit, so a store might buy a game for $30 and sell it for $60, it's much better to sell it digitally for $55 and pay for their online services for like $10 per game.
Publishers won't go digital-only though until they know they don't need places like Gamestop, that time isn't here yet.

I have never seen a music shop, digital music has definitely killed the physical audio CD market.

And as far as where consoles will go, compare to PC--lots of PC games out there but you never see most of them in stores because everyone buys them on Steam.

So I guess I need to order cod..........damn you Josh.:pfft:

I've got BF ordered, the order, AC 4, and CoD (got the hardened edition). I'm also going to get Destiny and Killzone. I love that red controller above as well.

I'm glad to see some of my old friends are picking up the same thing. I know I don't game much anymore but it will be nice to join you guys for a few rounds...

Ahh, the good old days. :grouphug

You getting a PS4 Fritz?????

I have both on pre-order from Best Buy since there was no deposit required. I'm 99% gonna cancel the XBone but was debating whether to keep the PS4 order. I don't really care for any of the launch games but it would be cool to do some gaming together again if I could find the time. :panic: :lol

He will be like Lonnie and wait on a new Gears Xbox One.:lol

That's my plan if they ever do another Gears, you know me too well. :monkey4

I haven't played Gears in a while. I'm hooked on Last of Us when I have time and it was Bioshock before that. I would have went back to Gears after Bioshock was done but I just can't get enough of the Last of Us.

I have both on pre-order from Best Buy since there was no deposit required. I'm 99% gonna cancel the XBone but was debating whether to keep the PS4 order. I don't really care for any of the launch games but it would be cool to do some gaming together again if I could find the time. :panic: :lol

That's my plan if they ever do another Gears, you know me too well. :monkey4

I haven't played Gears in a while. I'm hooked on Last of Us when I have time and it was Bioshock before that. I would have went back to Gears after Bioshock was done but I just can't get enough of the Last of Us.

If you get the PS4 pick up Killzone or Battlefield 4 and we will defiantly play.

Back