Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look at those almost as dioramas also... I know they are statues but they take it to the next level and tell a story which to is what a diorama is all about.

Oh really? I never thought of a diorama like that. Diorama to me is two or more characters in action. More of "battle"

You don't get many 1/4 scale Dio's, or not that I've seen, even though that would be cool.

Oh really? I never thought of a diorama like that. Diorama to me is two or more characters in action. More of "battle"

You don't get many 1/4 scale Dio's, or not that I've seen, even though that would be cool.

i think that a legendary scale dio would be even better

Obviously dio's will be dynamic, can't really count those.

The rest are older. I was meaning in the last year or so everything I've seen has been quite generic.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, just that custom creators almost always come up with better way's of displaying a character. Every Hulk, Wolverine, Captain, Deadpool etc etc custom I've always seen has been way better than the SS counterpart.

I guess that's why customs are expensive though.

Not all of those pieces are THAT old.... Now if I am not mistaken they are almost ALL Martin Canale and the Gore Group... Which Gladiator Hulk is as well. However, if you look at the dimensions of the Gladiator Hulk it would almost impossible to display him in MANY collection if he was more dynamically posed. Also, the pose is BADASS for this particular version of the Hulk.... I just works. I FULL admit I want to see a more dynamically posed version of many characters too, but for this piece it works.

Well officially, this is a diorama :)

DIORAMA%207%201.jpg

I think the PFs you mentioned and the wolverine are more Dios then these officially named dios by SSC

xforcedio.jpg

108854999-260x260-0-0_sideshow+collectibles+thanos+and+mistress+death+ex.jpg

However none of this really matters.. I know what you are trying to say about the dynamic poses.... I think SSC does a fine job overall.. I thought their Wolverine PF was plenty dynamic (even though he was in PJs) But I think due to the size of most of their larger items... It makes it a little hard to be dynamic.. Look at that custom Batman on gargoyle... Where the hell does one find the space for that??

5280212902_c5238d4e73_z.jpg

The PCS Judge Dredd was called a dio, I believe, and the reg only had a head and hand from another character. By that logic, that sabretooth head would classify the wolverine as a dio, too...though, not sure I agree.

P1& 2 Dios only had one character :dunno

The word*diorama*[ˌdaɪəˈrɑːmə] can either refer to a 19th-century mobile theatre device, or, in modern usage, a three-dimensional full-size or miniature model, sometimes enclosed in a glass showcase for a museum. Dioramas are often built by hobbyists as part of related hobbies such as*military vehicle modeling,*miniature figure modeling, or*aircraft modeling.

1.*A three-dimensional miniature or life-size scene in which figures, stuffed wildlife, or other objects are arranged in a naturalistic setting against a painted background.

Nothing about two or more characters there.

I am sure parts of it will be hollow, but I think that shield will be HEAVY. This will be a big, substantial piece.

And guess what, some of the older "grails" are hollow, too.

the shield will probably be made of the same thing as rhino was. i would imagine that if only parts of this statue are light the shield will be one of them. it attaches to the arm with magnets so it has to be light.

I desperately need help with the reading order of HULK comics. I have no clue where else to post this.

I've read (in order):

Planet Hulk Omnibus HC
WWH Omnibus HC
Hulk:Skaar: Son of Hulk hardcover
Hulk: Planet Skaar Hardcover
Hulk: Fall of Hulks hardcover (says vol. 2 on it but I can't find a volume one...)

And I don't know if I've been reading it in the right order or what any help would be awesome. I've tried researching this and everyone has different answers.

And before fall of the Hulks, you need to read Son of Banner arc. Wich is in the Fall of the Hulk Omnibus... I dont think you have the omnibus of Fall of the Hulks.You bought the smaller FOH Hardcover. Thats why you need to track down the Part one called son of Banner, or like me buy the Omnibus of FOH.

While on the subject of gladiators, has Sideshow released this piece yet? Anyone know its name? Pic is from SDCC12.
a8upe3e3.jpg

Back