Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No.not at all.

Sub par sculpting.Amateurish at best.

The sculpt I think is very good but it's the paint job that lets it down. I came very close to getting one of these from MadX. MadX one is amazing but I couldn't get the same guy who painted his one so I decided to not go for it & used the money to get the comic Captain America PF instead.

I partially believe it is the fault of the idiotic EBay "snipers" who literally add $200-$400 dollars to the price of a state n just the last few minutes or seconds of an auction JUST to ensure they get it. Yes if they are willing to do that then that is THEIR price, but then the next auction starts there, and then it all happens again. I watched a Spiderman Com go from $650 to $950 in just the last few seconds of an auction because 1 Guy bid it up THAT much. If he had come in lower and worked it up slowly he might have still won the auction, and saved HUNDREDS. Just stupid in my opinion.

Fixed that for you... I have won two out of the three auctions I have bid on... Booth nder retail, and both done with bids in the last 15 seconds or less, and only raising the previous bids by $5. Some of us aren't dumbasses.

Maybe not dumbasses, but definitely misinformed. :)

That's not how ebay works, Spidey. 'Guy A' could place, say, $100 as his highest bid at the outset and only $20 may be showing for everyone at the time. If Guys B, C and D don't bid higher than $100 before the auction ends, they will not get the item.

Likewise, it doesn't matter that you raise the previous visible highest bid by $5 or $1000. If you outbid the highest actual bid (ie, the one that the highest bidder was willing to pay but it's not currently showing), you'll do so by only the small amount ebay automatically decides will better the previous one, which is isually half a dollar to a dollar.

To sum up, it's not like your highest bid will be the sum you'll end up paying at all should you win. Therefore, if you're willing to spend, say $1000, you can place your bid on day 1. If no one else betters your highest bid in the last seconds, the item will be yours, and you might even get it for, say, $500, should no one else bid that high.

When you see the current bid suddenly jump to a much higher sum, it's because the hidden highest bid of the current bidder in the lead was already high to start with. If there were only two bidders, you and someone else, with him in the lead and the price currently at $10, if his higgest bid was actually $20 you will not get the item by bidding $15 at the last second.

It doesn't matter when you bid. Your highest price is your highest price.

Exactly.

Maybe not dumbasses, but definitely misinformed. :)

That's not how ebay works, Spidey. 'Guy A' could place, say, $100 as his highest bid at the outset and only $20 may be showing for everyone at the time. If Guys B, C and D don't bid higher than $100 before the auction ends, they will not get the item.

Likewise, it doesn't matter that you raise the previous visible highest bid by $5 or $1000. If you outbid the highest actual bid (ie, the one that the highest bidder was willing to pay but it's not currently showing), you'll do so by only the small amount ebay automatically decides will better the previous one, which is isually half a dollar to a dollar.

To sum up, it's not like your highest bid will be the sum you'll end up paying at all should you win. Therefore, if you're willing to spend, say $1000, you can place your bid on day 1. If no one else betters your highest bid in the last seconds, the item will be yours, and you might even get it for, say, $500, should no one else bid that high.

When you see the current bid suddenly jump to a much higher sum, it's because the hidden highest bid of the current bidder in the lead was already high to start with. If there were only two bidders, you and someone else, with him in the lead and the price currently at $10, if his higgest bid was actually $20 you will not get the item by bidding $15 at the last second.

Exactly.

No I get that Shoo, I know how it works, but if people didn't set their prices at $200 above the going rate the prices wouldn't jump so much. I will be honest, I only have one older statue that I REALLY want and that is the Spiderman Com.... And I would never try to get it on EBAY for the most part... I would try the boards. I know it rarely comes up, but it does come up... So that would be my way of getting it.

No I get that Shoo, I know how it works, but if people didn't set their prices at $200 above the going rate the prices wouldn't jump so much.

Who says what the going rate is? I think it's mostly determined by ebay. If someone is willing to pay $200 more than you on ebay, than that's the going rate. Sometimes auctions get bid higher than you're willing to pay, but that's just the way it is.

Who says what the going rate is? I think it's mostly determined by ebay. If someone is willing to pay $200 more than you on ebay, than that's the going rate. Sometimes auctions get bid higher than you're willing to pay, but that's just the way it is.

Okay... Point taken

there's no way it will have a low es. with no ex i would assume that sideshow would want this to be fore sale for a while. my guess is that the es will be somewhat like the reg sups or batman pfs. several thousand at least.

Doesnt matter what the es is. One of the best piece I have seen!

Yea I don't think it'll be a low ES by any means...but I'm sure there will be a lot of people picking it up as Hulk has one of the biggest fan bases. Granted this could be viewed as a niche Hulk, but I could see it seelling out. Anyways it's just a heads up not a fact by any means.

And totally agree with Shai and Ink...def not better. In large part to what RagingBull stated about the paint job. I don't know I used to be SUPER into customs but as of late I'm kind of over it. The price you pay for one (even though it's a unique piece) doesn't quite translate to the same value IMO. I tend to lean much more into licensed products.

Last edited:
No.not at all.

Sub par sculpting.Amateurish at best.

The sculpt I think is very good but it's the paint job that lets it down. I came very close to getting one of these from MadX. MadX one is amazing but I couldn't get the same guy who painted his one so I decided to not go for it & used the money to get the comic Captain America PF instead.

I agree with RagingBull here.... I think the sculpt itself looks great... But that paint job is pretty bad and makes the piece look cheap and sloppy. No offence to the painter... It's better then I could do.. But this has nothing on PH sculpt of Paint :)

I agree with RagingBull here.... I think the sculpt itself looks great... But that paint job is pretty bad and makes the piece look cheap and sloppy. No offence to the painter... It's better then I could do.. But this has nothing on PH sculpt of Paint :)

Do you know something we don't?
The paint on PH could be amazing but at the same time, with SS recently, it could be awful :dunno

This is a nice piece. Here's some pictures & a video link to MadX one but it is very expensive

[ame]https://youtu.be/3HFAQMEat64[/ame]

seqydasu.jpg

ymeme9u5.jpg

y9ajy4yv.jpg

u8uru4y8.jpg

7e6ezyty.jpg

I like every Hulk they've made so far. My two favorites are the maquette and the grey PF. Up until a few weeks ago, I had the green com, and I loved it. Gladiator Hulk looks epic, and could end up being my favorite...we'll see 4 years from now when we all finally have it in hand ;)

Back