Peacemaker | HBO Max | Jan 13 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just when you are feeling useless, please remember that there is a “Skip Intro” button at the start of the show.

I'm loving this show, Peacemaker is pure stupid fun IMO! :lol :rock

I'd happily quote all of you that have realised what an amazing show this is - but I'll settle for this one because it sums things up succinctly :)

Best show in (at least) the last 2 years - E06 was tonight and it keeps getting better.

Just effin' AWESOME !!!!!!

image.png

the next 2 episodes are going to be gnarly. hot toys better not disappoint but i have a feeling they will, i'd really love a peacemaker and vigilante but m aybe we just gotta count on soosoo to give us one.

207ef339265ddfa6cc8c70d1803f473eb9c0adce.gif

I didn't care for Suicide Squad very much, but I respect Jame Gunn for staying true to what he digs...he's still the same James Gunn that started out at Troma, that's for sure.

There's an eye-rolling amount of current-day token woke-ism for the sake of woke-ism ("quirky" fat black lesbian, tiny 85 lb woman kicking the **** out of 250 lb man, scary "EEEEEE-VIL" white supremacists lurking behind every shadow) but I at least so far those boring tropes are balanced out by Gunn's old school willingness to be offensive.
I tried really hard to like the 1st episode, but damn the characters are pretty cartoony (even for a comic book movie).

Cena is pretty great. He's got some pretty good comedic timing on his lines and his enthusiasm for the role definitely comes through, but yikes everyone else is such a damn cliche it's hard to care about the rest.

Are the rest of the episodes really worth pushing through?

Are the rest of the episodes really worth pushing through?
first episode was a bit slow imo but it ramps up. the show premiered with three episodes so it gave a better than idea of the show rather than excruciatingly waiting for next week, it was smart of WB to release the first three episodes. i personally like it better than book of boba. show gets better imo. lots of stupid dumb fun with really heartwarming moments. ridiculous fun and ridiculous , BUT awesome action. also lots of old rock music. its very "james gunn" if that's a category

Personally I'm enjoying it. It's just "out there" enough to stand out from everything in such a sea of mediocre crap....but if you've given it a try and it doesn't work, no point forcing yourself.

I fast forward through the lesbian scenes, and thankfully there aren't many.

Just basing on GOTG, TSS, and this, Gunn seems to always tackle daddy issues. So, up to you on how you'll interpret that.

Steven Spielberg also integrated experiences from his own childhood into several of his movies. It's artistic expression, so you would expect that at some level.

I personally felt this last episode was the weakest so far. Felt a bit like filler to get us to the next one without much meaningful development. But still fun and good.

In terms of the soundtrack, I'm glad that Gunn is taking this opportunity to showcase hair metal. It's a maligned genre and time for music, so we don't see too much of it in popular culture, but there was some really good stuff in there if you can look past the fashion, etc. (I've heard a similar argument about Abba by Jeff Tweedy of Wilco, though I'm not sure I buy into it ). At the same time, the theme is a modern interpretation of what a hair metal song would be, so that's kind of weird.

I think this show has possibly the best opening credit/title sequence I have ever seen. It brings everything down to comic book reality. The stilted dance moves in the opening makes me remember these are all actors, and the script and the music are the main things affecting their movements. That, and James Gunn is helluva storyteller

Steven Spielberg also integrated experiences from his own childhood into several of his movies. It's artistic expression, so you would expect that at some level.
But were they always the same experience from his childhood? Genuinely asking since I don't know. I know with Gunn it's not just specifically about father issues but it's also family and bonds. I guess I just noticed it more since it's recurring. GOTG 1 with Nebula seeking approval and Gamora's rebellion from Thanos. GOTG 2 with Starlord and Ego. Depending whose input it was, IW and EG touched on Gamora/Nebula/Thanos again. I would say the Nebula/Tony part was also Nebula receiving some fatherly love from Tony. TSS has Peacemaker, Bloodsport, Ratcatcher. You can include Polka-dot man with his parenting issues with his mom. Peacemaker series obviously deals with that issue as well.

I haven’t even finished the latest episode but just had to mention how great this show has become. It feels like a really terrific long form eighties action comedy movie. Some of the actors I’m hugely impressed with that i haven’t really seen before, like Jen Holland, Cena is brilliant and I’m surprised/not surprised by how much Gunn is willing to tackle really really heavy subject matters. The opening to episode 7 is just haunting.

I haven’t even finished the latest episode but just had to mention how great this show has become. It feels like a really terrific long form eighties action comedy movie. Some of the actors I’m hugely impressed with that i haven’t really seen before, like Jen Holland, Cena is brilliant and I’m surprised/not surprised by how much Gunn is willing to tackle really really heavy subject matters. The opening to episode 7 is just haunting.

I know we keep saying it - but those opening credits are cool!

Just when you thought this couldn't possibly get any better - it effin' DOES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOO emotional - I don't think I've ever wanted the death of a character so much.

This thing is ON FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hot:

2022-02-10-01-Peacemaker-S01-E07-There-Is-No-Wrong-Time-To-Rock.png

image.png

image.png

I said it earlier, but I think this show is better than any of the MCU TV shows. It's much better than expected, and I'm so glad it was James Gunn that wrote this show.

I said it earlier, but I think this show is better than any of the MCU TV shows. It's much better than expected, and I'm so glad it was James Gunn that wrote this show.

No question about that . . . this blows ALL of those out of the water (not that it was hard)

No question about that . . . this blows ALL of those out of the water (not that it was hard)

Indeed. Phase 4 MCU has been a big drop in quality from the Infinity Saga, and there's been way too much content too - four movies and five shows in a year - it's been a wave of mediocrity. Suicide Squad was better than all the MCU movies except No Way Home, and deserved a much bigger box office, or at least a bigger one than the first SS movie. Peacemaker has been brilliant and a breath of fresh air.

To Cena's credit, when I watch the show, I see the character Peacemaker and not the performer John Cena (I mean, who can really see John Cena anyway. Lol!) Unlike with the Rock, my mind always see him as the Rock no matter what role he has played. Except Moana maybe.

Back