The Penguin (The Batman) limited series | HBO Max

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious...

Which is more than I can say for 99% of the **** that's shoveled at us these days.

Looks interesting to me.
They do need to add some more "theatrical" flourishes to this Penguin though - he is still a supervillain and I think just making him an ordinary mobster is going too far down the "grounded" route.

Maybe he organises a meeting with the other crime bosses and wipes them out with a machine gun disguised as an umbrella?
I dont know - but he needs more drama and larger than life characteristics.

Trailer isn't bad, but I'm still not sure this Penguin is really worth devoting an entire series to. Yeah Farrell was great in the role and it would be nice to revisit this Gotham again, but I have a feeling I'd still be wishing the entire time for Batman to show up. Much like with Birds of Prey, Gotham, Batwoman, Titans, and any of these other DC shows set in his world that only gave us brief glimpses of him.

Trailer isn't bad, but I'm still not sure this Penguin is really worth devoting an entire series to. Yeah Farrell was great in the role and it would be nice to revisit this Gotham again, but I have a feeling I'd still be wishing the entire time for Batman to show up. Much like with Birds of Prey, Gotham, Batwoman, Titans, and any of these other DC shows set in his world that only gave us brief glimpses of him.
Fair enough but the way I look at it is that it allows to build up the villain without Batman showing up every minute so when we finally do see Batman it will make him that much more special.

Batman will cameo in the final episode.

Last edited:
I don't find this take on Penguin all that appealing but I'll watch to see Cristin Milioti, aka the titular mother from How I Met Your Mother. She was quite good in that as well as Palm Springs and the "Star Trek" episode of Black Mirror. She's playing Sofia Falcone, who I gather is Carmine's daughter.

Best Penguin ever.

Screw that Returns Penguin crap

:chase

806c8ffdff3b59c56fb6900af594e41f.gif

They do need to add some more "theatrical" flourishes to this Penguin though - he is still a supervillain and I think just making him an ordinary mobster is going too far down the "grounded" route.

Too keep the aesthetics of Matt Reeves's vision.

1000022325-01.jpeg

Back