Peacemaker | HBO Max | Jan 13 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The title sequence, is what the kids of 2018 or so would call "straight fire."

It's mesmerizing. I went back and watched it a few times every episode.

Right from Cena's bizarre, stilted opening kicks, I can't take my eyes off it.

Judo Master leaping into Peacemaker's arms and then them doing the final "dancer's heavy breathing" is just the cherry on top.

I enjoyed the first 3 episodes enough to get me excited for the rest of the season.

And yeah, that dance number at the beginning is amazing.

Gunn could tone it down a bit with the music. Yeah, I remember all those bangers from middle school too, but a few moments of silence wouldn't hurt.
Yeah agree. One of the few things that bugged me. Love me some hair metal but he overdid it.

I didn't care for Suicide Squad very much, but I respect Jame Gunn for staying true to what he digs...he's still the same James Gunn that started out at Troma, that's for sure.

I already voiced my displeasure at turning established characters into mentaly-challenged psychotic weirdos, but hey, what's done is done. I think The Vigilante from the comics would have recognized what a Fleshlight is, though.

Yes, imagine my shock that this is actually a more enjoyable watch than Boba Fett.

There's an eye-rolling amount of current-day token woke-ism for the sake of woke-ism ("quirky" fat black lesbian, tiny 85 lb woman kicking the **** out of 250 lb man, scary "EEEEEE-VIL" white supremacists lurking behind every shadow) but I at least so far those boring tropes are balanced out by Gunn's old school willingness to be offensive.

I think my favorite part was the pathetic hipster husband's reaction to his wife getting all turned on by Peacemaker.

I also laughed out loud when he was jumping balcony to balcony and kept biffing the landing worse each time.

It's just bizarre seeing this huge dude essentially playing this character as if he were a child in a man's body. Not like a "man-child." I mean he's literally playing like Tom Hanks in "Big." It's a little unsettling, but makes the character somewhat sympathetic.

Gunn could tone it down a bit with the music. Yeah, I remember all those bangers from middle school too, but a few moments of silence wouldn't hurt.

Having said that, I found the intentionally bad dancing in the opening titles strangely hypnotic. Gets better every time.
In the comics Peacemakers dad was a Nazi guard so thats were the racist dad bit came from it wasnt just a random white man bad bit.

Well it's awfully convenient for them to include that but ignore everything other established piece of continuity from the comics.

Well, this isn't the Vigilante I read in the 80's and not the Peacemaker I remember, but this dumb show if ******* awesome. That eagle hugged him. That dumb intro........ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BrightFaintDromedary-max-1mb.gif

Well, this isn't the Vigilante I read in the 80's and not the Peacemaker I remember, but this dumb show if *******awesome. That eagle hugged him. That dumb intro........ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BrightFaintDromedary-max-1mb.gif

Tried to feed him as well with a possum. I'd like to have a pet/buddy eagle like that as well. 🤣

Waiting for all the episodes to come out so that I can procure them all at once… since we don’t get HBO max.

Meanwhile........Peacemaker is still fun and even exciting, and even sometimes intentionally funny, unlike Book of Boba Fett which just kills every last ounce of joy you ever had in your black atrophied heart.

(Full disclosure though....I straight up fast forwarded through the lesbian plot in the first episode, and I never bothered to go back and watch it. And I don't regret it, and I didn't miss anything even remotely relevant to the plot. I guess I'm just a disgusting Nazi like Peacemaker's dad.)

I've watched the first 4 episodes (I guess 5th just came out today right?) and so far I think it's some solid entertainment with a few good laughs but nothing I'm going crazy for. The Suicide Squad was one of my favourite movies last year and this totally has the feel of a TV spin-off, compared to some of the Marvel/Star Wars stuff. Though it's also better than half those shows too.

I know nothing about any of the characters outside of what has been established in the show, but I will say Vigilante steals every scene he's in. Reminds me of Deadpool in some ways.

5 just came out today, yes... and MAN WAS IT SO GOOD omg this show doesn't disappoint at all lmao
I'm generally a Marvel fan, but I have to say that I like this show a lot more than any of the MCU shows that have come out.
The Suicide Squad movie from last year was much better than expected as well, as I hated the trailer, but loved the movie.

Haven't had much time to watch TV lately, but this, from the trailer, looks like some good stupid fun.

I've watched the first 4 episodes (I guess 5th just came out today right?) and so far I think it's some solid entertainment with a few good laughs but nothing I'm going crazy for. The Suicide Squad was one of my favourite movies last year and this totally has the feel of a TV spin-off, compared to some of the Marvel/Star Wars stuff. Though it's also better than half those shows too.

I know nothing about any of the characters outside of what has been established in the show, but I will say Vigilante steals every scene he's in. Reminds me of Deadpool in some ways.
I like Vigilante a lot more than Deadpool personally. And while Gunn may have been influenced by Deadpool in some ways, Gunn's sense of humor is coming out more than anything else. I would love to see Vigilante teaming up with Rainn Wilson from Super.

In terms of it being a spin-off, I feel this show reflects the serial storytelling approach from comics. It feels very much like issues of a late-80s DC comic like Justice League International, taken a bit to the extreme with violence and lewd content of course. In that sense, it's a very different kind of story than the "one shot" story that a movie tells, but both have their place. And this one is being done right in my opinion.

I'm generally a Marvel fan, but I have to say that I like this show a lot more than any of the MCU shows that have come out.
The Suicide Squad movie from last year was much better than expected as well, as I hated the trailer, but loved the movie.
Based on what I've seen so far, two of the three best live action superhero TV shows I've seen are on HBO Max (Peacemaker and Doom Patrol), the third being Daredevil. I have enjoyed all the Disney Plus shows to an extent, but they don't have that creative energy and excitement that the HBO shows do, and the willingness to challenge all conventions and do something new. And they are clearly are on the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of oversight by the powers that be. In Doom Patrol, one of the main characters' catch phrase is "What the ****???" and I don't think they had a single, conventional fighting scene in three seasons. When they do, they are zombie versions of themselves fighting man-eating butts or are really dealing with some deep psychological conflict. Even when Marvel goes the most outside of its comfort zone with something like Wandavision, it ends in the most conventional way.

For many years I've considered this to be the strength of DC. Sure, you will get a swing and a miss every now and then (e.g., first Suicide Squad, Snyderverse stuff, Jonah Hex), but with Marvel you would never get something like the Dark Knight or Peacemaker.

I like Vigilante a lot more than Deadpool personally. And while Gunn may have been influenced by Deadpool in some ways, Gunn's sense of humor is coming out more than anything else. I would love to see Vigilante teaming up with Rainn Wilson from Super.

In terms of it being a spin-off, I feel this show reflects the serial storytelling approach from comics. It feels very much like issues of a late-80s DC comic like Justice League International, taken a bit to the extreme with violence and lewd content of course. In that sense, it's a very different kind of story than the "one shot" story that a movie tells, but both have their place. And this one is being done right in my opinion.

Based on what I've seen so far, two of the three best live action superhero TV shows I've seen are on HBO Max (Peacemaker and Doom Patrol), the third being Daredevil. I have enjoyed all the Disney Plus shows to an extent, but they don't have that creative energy and excitement that the HBO shows do, and the willingness to challenge all conventions and do something new. And they are clearly are on the opposite end of the spectrum in terms of oversight by the powers that be. In Doom Patrol, one of the main characters' catch phrase is "What the ****???" and I don't think they had a single, conventional fighting scene in three seasons. When they do, they are zombie versions of themselves fighting man-eating butts or are really dealing with some deep psychological conflict. Even when Marvel goes the most outside of its comfort zone with something like Wandavision, it ends in the most conventional way.

For many years I've considered this to be the strength of DC. Sure, you will get a swing and a miss every now and then (e.g., first Suicide Squad, Snyderverse stuff, Jonah Hex), but with Marvel you would never get something like the Dark Knight or Peacemaker.
I'm a big fan of Daredevil, and that's still my favourite superhero TV show. I have Doom Patrol (thanks for the tip!) on my list, and will look to start it after I finish Rome, a favourite HBO show of mine which I hadn't watched again since it finished in 2007.
You're right about DC vs. Marvel, especiallly, especially Disney Marvel.

Back