Statue PCS: Halloween - Michael Myers 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Just tired of the few repeating the same incorrect info over and over.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

incorrect info??? So you think the mask and hair is the same as what was advertised on the original photos????? just tired of people not settling for shady advertising. Everyone should be sheep in 2021

I am of two minds on this. On the one hand I agree being negative on the statue may turn off some buyers that like it. On the other hand with $600 becoming the industry standard price for these, the large edition size, we should be more critical on the piece. IMO at this price we shouldn't have to settle for just OK to bad paint apps, etc. It didn't help that the proto looked very different and the first batch of pictures were absolutely dreadful. All that said this is the best official 1/4 Myers statue out there. It blows that awful HCG thing off the map.

Exactly, but then people will ***** and whine that we keep repeating ourselves. Ive gotten attacked twice now. So, no point anymore. IF they want shady **** let them. Reason, I repeated myself was for the same point. We should accept that the prototype has no part in the final product?!! Yet people are okay with it. Means that will continue to happen. Oh well...

incorrect info??? So you think the mask and hair is the same as what was advertised on the original photos????? just tired of people not settling for shady advertising. Everyone should be sheep in 2021
I don't think. I know. I work for the company.

Since, you resort to another personal bash and continue not talking about the statue. Ill DM you. Plus, Ill save others from this crap.

So you will DM the guy, and go ahead and reply to someone else. So nothing has been saved, you just going round in circles like its Groundhog Day lol 😂

No one from the company wants to answer this. If you work for the company, why did you guys put up a prototype that was far from what everyone got? Why didn't you just put up the 1/3rd mask? Why were their no pics before this came out? All of this are valid points here. But yet you guys run around the truth. Then write this long statement about the 1/3rd was awesome and people loved it. The mask on the 1/4th is the same thing. Which I think the 1/3rd is still better. But thats just me. So, answer me those questions then this can be put to rest! It is false advertisement. Watch all the people take this personal as well.

If you work for the company, why did you guys put up a prototype that was far from what everyone got? Why didn't you just put up the 1/3rd mask? Why were their no pics before this came out? All of this are valid points here. But yet you guys run around the truth. Then write this long statement about the 1/3rd was awesome and people loved it. The mask on the 1/4th is the same thing. Which I think the 1/3rd is still better. But thats just me. So, answer me those questions then this can be put to rest! It is false advertisement. Watch all the people take this personal as well.
It's not far. The photos were. But no matter what evidence you see to the contrary, there's no convincing you.

It is the 1/3 mask scaled down to 1/4. It's the same digital file. Then retooled for casting in 1/4 scale. Why on earth would we pay for a new sculpt just to mess with people?

There were no pics because collectors got their copies before we got ours and it got out into the world. It happens. Especially since it was during covid and chinese new year and shipping delays and any number of reasons. It's not to 'hide' anything as as been the accusation. We're proud of the statue and overall happy with how it came out and we like showing it off. SO many collector's agree.

We have a production sample gallery going up on sideshow.com this week, and we have asked to get a production sample gallery up as close to shipping as possible for all future pieces. I'm even including a thumbnail sheet from the photoshoot with this reply. It's a smaller resolution because I'm not a VIP tapatalk user.

You have, by FAR been the most vocally against this piece in the entire collectors community and you seem to be digging in even further no matter what's shown or said contrary to your accusations. It really is time to stop. Let it be.
d014213f1e18a01e46eadb54a559ee1c.jpg

It's not far. The photos were. But no matter what evidence you see to the contrary, there's no convincing you.

It is the 1/3 mask scaled down to 1/4. It's the same digital file. Then retooled for casting in 1/4 scale. Why on earth would we pay for a new sculpt just to mess with people?

There were no pics because collectors got their copies before we got ours and it got out into the world. It happens. Especially since it was during covid and chinese new year and shipping delays and any number of reasons. It's not to 'hide' anything as as been the accusation. We're proud of the statue and overall happy with how it came out and we like showing it off. SO many collector's agree.

We have a production sample gallery going up on sideshow.com this week, and we have asked to get a production sample gallery up as close to shipping as possible for all future pieces. I'm even including a thumbnail sheet from the photoshoot with this reply. It's a smaller resolution because I'm not a VIP tapatalk user.

You have, by FAR been the most vocally against this piece in the entire collectors community and you seem to be digging in even further no matter what's shown or said contrary to your accusations. It really is time to stop. Let it be.
d014213f1e18a01e46eadb54a559ee1c.jpg

First, I appreciate the response. The reason I was vocal was because my passion. Then I got hate from your supporters that had nothing to do with the statue. I talked bad on it. They took it personal. Past weeks since this came out, I got hate and bullied. I can show you proof. So, that's a reason I was so vocal. But now Ill just dm them. Ill always stand up for myself with hateful comments and bullying. Once someone makes it about something personal. As a Social Worker I will advocate for any victim. Does not make it right.

Wait your telling me this looks like the prototype? Okay, whatever dude. You know its off. But just like you told me Im convinced, its not. Well, your convinced, it is. I own your rambo and myers 1/3rd. Both with pics before it came out. Very close to prototype. But I have two great eyes and I can see rambo looked amazing. the 1/3rd looked great. This not so much. Its not putting you down. Just very different looking. Now I can put this to rest.

First, I appreciate the response.

Wait your telling me this looks like the prototype? Okay, whatever dude. You know its off. But just like you told me Im convinced its not. Well, your convinced it is. Peace

This quote is the original post you made and then you edited it. Lol. You say peace, but I think you mean the opposite.

I actually think you should buy one, you can't seem to stop talking about it.

Peace indeed.

Second, Thank you for not taking anything personal and the polite response. This was the whole reason this kept going on. The reason I was vocal was because my passion. Then I got hate from your supporters that had nothing to do with the statue. I talked bad on it. They took it personal. Past weeks since this came out, I got hate and bullied. I can show you proof. So, that's a reason I was so vocal. But now Ill just dm them. Ill always stand up for myself with hateful comments and bullying. Once someone makes it about something personal. As a Social Worker I will advocate for any victim. Does not make it right. Now, I feel better about all of this. Thank you You have my word. You won't hear from me again.

If I offended anyone by not liking or ragging on the statue I apologize. I am man enough to apologize. Peace!

well at least we all know now that you are colour blind, you know the hair is the same colour as the prototype photo. that photo is edited, at least be honest, even the people that love statue admit its not what was on the photos you used to sell the statue. he dont think he knows :lol. the,,i work for the company part kinda explains it all actually, id expect no less from them. you guys nailed the base also, exactly what was shown on the prototype base is what people got, great work. :rock

well at least we all know now that you are colour blind, you know the hair is the same colour as the prototype photo. that photo is edited, at least be honest, even the people that love statue admit its not what was on the photos you used to sell the statue. he dont think he knows [emoji38]. the,,i work for the company part kinda explains it all actually, id expect no less from them. you guys nailed the base also, exactly what was shown on the prototype base is what people got, great work. :rock
The prototype base is painted in color but photoshopped to black and white. That's partly why it looks better. The quote for the color painting was way too high so we opted for the grey scale paint. And why you guys need to levy insults is beyond me. And how you think we're out to dupe collectors. For some reason this myers statue has really put a bug up some folks and it's weird to witness.

It's ok though. We aren't out to please people that refuse to be pleased. What we are out to do is continually improve with every piece we do.

If I offended anyone by not liking or ragging on the statue I apologize. I am man enough to apologize. Peace!

You don't need to apologize for anything. After viewing a lot of videos about this piece on Youtube, there's only one guy (the one guy who has a relationship with the guy who painted the proto and is a figure painter himself too) that raves about this piece. The rest are pretty on the fence about it and all think it's overpriced. That's pretty sad for what was teased to look to be the best Myers piece ever.

Don't apologize. It's always good to call companies out on quality so that they improve. The poor base quality on this is inexcusable at $600 as is the terrible cartoon-like blood on the knife (notice how they've hidden that in the future production photos--ahem). On a positive note, hopefully PCS has made a vow to improve quality and never do cheesy images/carvings on a base again. If you're not able to make an excellent quality piece, don't have the word "premium" in your brand/company name. I've thought about buying this piece many times but I just can't do it. They had so little detail on this to get right. If PCS or Sideshow does a better Myers one day worthy of the price, I'll be the first to buy one. This has taught me with PCS, or any collectible, ALWAYS wait to see a production piece and again, look at a companies ACTIONS not flashy marketing words. PCS will probably do better next time, I'm sure they will, so no biggie

You don't need to apologize for anything. After viewing a lot of videos about this piece on Youtube, there's only one guy (the one guy who has a relationship with the guy who painted the proto and is a figure painter himself too) that raves about this piece. The rest are pretty on the fence about it and all think it's overpriced. That's pretty sad for what was teased to look to be the best Myers piece ever.

Don't apologize. It's always good to call companies out on quality so that they improve. The poor base quality on this is inexcusable at $600 as is the terrible cartoon-like blood on the knife (notice how they've hidden that in the future production photos--ahem). On a positive note, hopefully PCS has made a vow to improve quality and never do cheesy images/carvings on a base again. If you're not able to make an excellent quality piece, don't have the word "premium" in your brand/company name. I've thought about buying this piece many times but I just can't do it. They had so little detail on this to get right. If PCS or Sideshow does a better Myers one day worthy of the price, I'll be the first to buy one. This has taught me with PCS, or any collectible, ALWAYS wait to see a production piece and again, look at a companies ACTIONS not flashy marketing words. PCS will probably do better next time, I'm sure they will, so no biggie

Ya bro, the bullying got unbearable. I mean people are ****ing dicks man. They have attack and attack. If I keep attacking. Im gonna lose my ****. All over a dumb ass statue. I mean. I had to Dm three people who disrespected me. Over this ****. None of them got back to me. Cuz they talk with their fingers dawg. Im not one to be a **** or start ****. I didn't here either. But their comes a time where it doesn't become about a statue but about kids acting like kids cuz we differ in taste and a ****** statue. If we say some ****, we get bullied or hate speech on. I mean I can not believe humanity. Just makes me a bitter person. I don't want to be. Now I am not sorry about PCS lying and showing a prototype that looks nothing like this statue. They kept lying and deflecting. I mean I stand by the statue being this way. But then PCS dude was like, your the one making the most noise. When in fact it is a forum and that is what it is here for. But others make it about other things. Trust me I am right their with you. Figures after I apologize I wouldn't hear from one person. I mean do you see how pple are. UNREAL. Thanks for getting my back dawg! Appreciate it!!

Exactly, but then people will ***** and whine that we keep repeating ourselves. Ive gotten attacked twice now. So, no point anymore. IF they want shady **** let them. Reason, I repeated myself was for the same point. We should accept that the prototype has no part in the final product?!! Yet people are okay with it. Means that will continue to happen. Oh well...

I think it depends on what folks are willing to settle for. If you want it to complete a 1/4 horror line and don't mind futzing the hair and some dodgy paint apps, this will do fine. If the issues are too much to justify the $600 price that is totally understandable as well. The CEO even said he wasn't happy with the base paintings so they are aware/admitting to that issue. Is it as good as the proto they showed? No. Is it as bad as the first photos made it out to be? No. Aside from the paint issues and how the side hairline looks a little off to me, I think it's a fine representation of Myers. I think it's good, just not $600 good. I'd rate it around a B-/C+.

That's the Collectors Digest review right? Well he said that was his first statue so really has nothing similar to compare it to. Also, he collects customs so has been conditioned to over pay for figures IMO.

Myers arrived yesterday and I totally love it. This is definitely one the best 3D representations of the shape IMO, but damn is it hard to get goods pics without distorting it. PCS nailed almost everything - the mask sculpt is amazing, the body proportions and fit of the boiler suit is perfect and the pose is great. The only negatives for me is that I wish the mask had more of the "fish belly white" color that was used on the actual movie prop and I know the paint on the screen used hero mask wore away during production, but I wish the white coverage was a bit more. My other nitpick is the pumpkin. The included one is good, but the one made by KreationX is more impressive to me.

This is the 1/4 Michael Myers that I have waited for!

Here's pics from work where I have better lighting. These are with the included pumpkin.

20210323_162346.jpg

Screenshot_20210323-162655_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-095126_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-100112_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-100123_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-100137_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-100326_Video Player.jpg

Here's some pics from home to show how he scales with my Jason PF (these are with the KreationX pumpkin). I apologize for the crappy quality, but the lighting is very dim in our basement.

20210323_190022.jpg

20210323_185804.jpg

20210323_190354.jpg

20210323_191411.jpg

20210323_190250.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-101128_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210324-100818_Video Player.jpg

Back