PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly even if you needed everything 2k is quite a bit unless you are going top of the line on everything. I'm pretty happy with mid end gaming. I'm not a graphics whore like most PC players, but I do enjoy when a game looks great don't get me wrong. That being said if I wasn't buying a engangement ring here in the next couple of months you better believe I would have went all out :lol

Oh what I could have bought with the money I wasted on that thing..... :monkey2

:lol

Oh what I could have bought with the money I wasted on that thing..... :monkey2

:lol

:lol:rotfl I told her yesterday I was like you realize the money I'm spending on this thing I could buy 3 Doom PFs. Hopefully since I'm getting this for her she will repay me with a PS4 for Christmas later on in the year :monkey1

:lol:rotfl I told her yesterday I was like you realize the money I'm spending on this thing I could buy 3 Doom PFs. Hopefully since I'm getting this for her she will repay me with a PS4 for Christmas later on in the year :monkey1

Ah, a true collector when everything's value is related to how many collectibles one could buy with that money.

Good deal on the Darksiders games at Steam right now. Dirt cheap legacy of Kain collection too. Decent deal on Arma games.

Personally I would wait on Darksiders 2 atleast. It has been cheaper before. Also is anyone picking up Heart of the Swarm on Tuesday?

Honestly even if you needed everything 2k is quite a bit unless you are going top of the line on everything. I'm pretty happy with mid end gaming. I'm not a graphics whore like most PC players, but I do enjoy when a game looks great don't get me wrong. That being said if I wasn't buying a engangement ring here in the next couple of months you better believe I would have went all out :lol

Actually you're right. I was going of my previous mid/high end build and forgot I'd pretty much upgraded everything expect the case.

2008pc.jpg

I think HOTS is my most anticipated game this year

Yeah I am pumped for the game. As excited as I am about the campaign I just wish it was Protoss instead of Zerg :( Though I have a feeling It is going to be epic. I also like all the changes they put into multiplayer.

Also SC2 on Amazon for 20 bucks for anyone interested in the game. New xpac coming out next week and looks sick!

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ZKA0J6/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p63_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1WTWT5SPXS5C2WVFB4EE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846[/ame]

Last edited:
This might not really be the right thread to ask this, but sod it, close enough.

These are my specs, with what's out there right now, how would you rate this? It's a laptop that's about a year old now. I'm not good with this stuff so I'm just copying what it says. :lol

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 940 @ 2.13GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 3949MB used, 12409MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
Display Memory: 1743 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2005 MB
Shared Memory: 3834 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

This might not really be the right thread to ask this, but sod it, close enough.

These are my specs, with what's out there right now, how would you rate this? It's a laptop that's about a year old now. I'm not good with this stuff so I'm just copying what it says. :lol

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU X 940 @ 2.13GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 3949MB used, 12409MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
Display Memory: 1743 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2005 MB
Shared Memory: 3834 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Might want to upgrade your video card a bit.... then again given you screen size it might not be necessary.

I could never see my self spending 1k on a video card.:dunno

I could never see my self spending 1k on a video card.:dunno

I could see it maybe if there was a huge leap in performance that meant the difference between playing games or not, but this card is just overkill right now.

I could see it maybe if there was a huge leap in performance that meant the difference between playing games or not, but this card is just overkill right now.

This :exactly: no game really requires such a powerful card as this. So you are really spending more money than you need to.

This :exactly: no game really requires such a powerful card as this. So you are really spending more money than you need to.

well I could use it right now to play tomb raider in ultimate settings.
lara's real hair effects looks amazing. I tried with my GTX580 and there was huge drop in performence. on ultra the game runs awsome.

I will have this card for AC4 and GTA5.

Back