PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All GTX cards are running Tomb Raider terribly because the game was designed for AMD GPU's... hopefully they patch it up soon.

I would rather wait for the GTX 700 series being released later on in the year, the Titan really is overkill unless your using it for multi-monitors/very high resolutions and capturing/editing video.

TR works great with my GTX 680. No problem at all

Even with the Tesselation. Maybe because I have an older driver installed

All GTX cards are running Tomb Raider terribly because the game was designed for AMD GPU's... hopefully they patch it up soon.

I would rather wait for the GTX 700 series being released later on in the year, the Titan really is overkill unless your using it for multi-monitors/very high resolutions and capturing/editing video.

I am running it perfect on ultra with my GTX 580 no problems at all.
The game looks unreal.

SLI would be cheaper, but it can have bugs, and not all games support it.

that is what I hear. one single card is better then 2 sli.
I had a terrible experience when crossfire first came out.
I bought 2 700 dollar cards thinking I Would destroy all back then.
it was terrible. lots and lots of issues. was the biggest waste of money. I am going to save up for the titan.

My SSD died today, after about 2 years of service. Luckily I backed it up a while back so I won't lose too much, but it was my boot drive so that makes things a bit more difficult.

So I'm on the market for a new SSD. Any brand recommendations? I'm thinking of going with Intel on this. My previous was a generic A-Data drive from Micro Center.

My SSD died today, after about 2 years of service. Luckily I backed it up a while back so I won't lose too much, but it was my boot drive so that makes things a bit more difficult.

So I'm on the market for a new SSD. Any brand recommendations? I'm thinking of going with Intel on this. My previous was a generic A-Data drive from Micro Center.

Samsung 840 Pro is the best one to get right now, I think... going to be getting one of those for my new build. :D

Last edited:

Damn, 2 years is pretty short shelf life. Are SSD more prone to breakage more rapidly?
The HDD in my computer has been the same for 5+ years. bloated but alive.

Damn, 2 years is pretty short shelf life. Are SSD more prone to breakage more rapidly?

I was wondering the same thing. I've had good luck with all of my hdds so far.

Samsung 840 Pro is the best one to get right now, I think... going to be getting one of those for my new build. :D

That's the one I have...256 GB..only been running a few weeks but everything I read was good.

I went with Samsung because of their proven track record but Intel is good from what I've read too..the last page of this is a good read:

https://www.techradar.com/us/news/c...-the-top-ssds-on-test-994095/3#articleContent

Thanks, that narrows my choices. All my HDDs are Samsung models, so I might as well stick with them when it comes to SSDs.

No, I just bought mine in the early days of consumer SSD and it wasn't a great drive to begin with. From what I gather, that particular model had troublesome issues. I was cheap. Ultimately, I paid the price. :lol

From what I've been reading after my SSD died, modern SSDs are generally as reliable as HDD or moreso, depending on the brand and controller.

Early SSD's weren't very good quality, also, make sure you don't do things like defragging, where it doesn't improve performance and any rewriting of the drive will decrease the lifetime.

basically with the SSD's just leave them alone and just update drivers, is that correct?

Early SSD's weren't very good quality, also, make sure you don't do things like defragging, where it doesn't improve performance and any rewriting of the drive will decrease the lifetime.

defragging decreases the life of a hard drive?? I did it for years.... or do you just mean SSD?

Back