Pan's Labyrinth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seretur said:
That will depend on your country's officials, and on the total price of your order (it might fly under the radar if it's cheap enough).

And yes, YesAsia is a trusted e-tailer.

Thanks Seretur!:)

Saw it for the 2nd time last night.

Even better than the first time.

First time is shocking at what hits you that you wouldn't expect.
Second time allows you to view the story and look for all the details
that are so rich, original, and amazing. I love this film, and would sure
love to have a 1/4 scale Faun, Pale Man, and Ofelia.

panslabyrinthfauncd9.jpg

palemanxq3.jpg

Imagine an Ofelia & Pale Man Diorama..............
Or Ofelia & the uber-gross critter? (don't name so as not to spoil the film)

Fantastic film on every possible level.

JS

Last edited:
Yes -- and that's why I so hoped Sideshow would announce this line during Toy Fair. And not Hostel and suchlike...

anakin1138 -- hey, we live just across the Adriatic from one another, we gotta help each other out. :)

WOO HOO! People are jumping on the PF Faun idea:D I REALLY hope this is made. It just seems so right and obvious. Brilliant film doing very well, Dell Toro's connections with SS, and our love for all things poly!:D

Maybe we should start a crusade or something:cool:

I've been sending Sideshow emails requesting they acquire this license ever since I attended an exhibitor's screening back in August 2006.

I received several responses...none of them even slightly hopeful...sooo, I would not expect to see anything for some time.

B.

This is disheartening. It seems that SS has been wary of jumping onto a new licence bandwagon ever since the failure of Van Helsing and suchlike.

So we'll probably get Pan years down the road, after the movie becomes a beloved classic. That way, they'll be safe, rather than sorry. It's still a shame they decided not to have faith in this movie from the very beginning.

Can't say we didn't tell them early enough!

Seretur said:
This is disheartening. It seems that SS has been wary of jumping onto a new licence bandwagon ever since the failure of Van Helsing and suchlike.

So we'll probably get Pan years down the road, after the movie becomes a beloved classic. That way, they'll be safe, rather than sorry. It's still a shame they decided not to have faith in this movie from the very beginning.

Can't say we didn't tell them early enough!

We'll see at SDCC. The problem with VH was that they made too much of it, and the movie wasn't all that great.

JSAuctionService said:
First time is shocking at what hits you that you wouldn't expect.
Second time allows you to view the story and look for all the details
that are so rich, original, and amazing. I love this film, and would sure
love to have a 1/4 scale Faun, Pale Man, and Ofelia to sell on eBay for a quick profit

I agree, all but the last part.

:p just razzin ya.

Last edited:
Has anyone made anything related to Pan's Labyrinth? It seems weird that with such great creature designs something wasn't offered.

I haven't seen a thing.

If Sideshow had done something, I believe it would have been pretty successful. It wouldn't have been a sure thing by any means when the decision would have been made initially, but if something were ready now with all the success of the film, it would fill a large hole in the merchandising vacuum. The film's fans have nothing to spend their money on, and a quality Sideshow product would have been a big hit.

But I think they learned a lesson with Van Helsing. They are probably reluctant to get behind an untested license again any time soon.

tomandshell said:
But I think they learned a lesson with Van Helsing. They are probably reluctant to get behind an untested license again any time soon.

The difference between Van Helsing and Pan's Labyrinth is that Pan's Labyrinth
has opened to almost unanimous critical acclaim, and it is poised to pick up
some oscars very soon. Van Helsing wasn't seen (I don't think) before the
line was optioned and created by Sideshow, so they didn't know then that
it was a "less than stellar" movie.

If Sideshow made a 50 to 500 ES of any Pan's Labyrinth items, I'd bet that
they'd do very well. I know I'd certainly do my part and purchase them.

JS

Yes, I'm sorry--I was thinking about why Sideshow didn't pick up the license last year while it was in development and post-production. Getting the license now would be a bit late. It would be 9-12 months of development and production before we got our first preview and then another 6 months minimum before the first product shipped. By then, interest will have moved on.

Oh, there definitely would still be some interest no matter when they made the announcement. But the prime window of opportunity has passed.

It would be like the first product from a Serenity license coming out next month, if that had materialized. The movie would have become a distant memory in the time it took to conceive, prototype, sell, and mass produce a collectible item. By now, the core fans would be happy, but the general momentum and interest among collectors in general has moved on to other things. If they announced a Pan's Labyrinth license today, 18 months from now we would all be demanding Hellboy 2 merchandise instead because that would be the hot current property from the same director. I think they need a big head start with this stuff and if they were going to move on Pan it needed to happen last summer.

Dont know why anyone have bought the licence, but im really waiting something in the coming months, this movie have potential more than Van Helsing, so i wish that i see some products released this year

tomandshell said:
It would be like the first product from a Serenity license coming out next month, if that had materialized.

Umm....hmm, well there's this new company who's started a line of collectibles from Serenity. Their first major product ships soon (they had a money pack recently released) and they have several more slated to be done as well. And it's doing good.:rolleyes:

Just a shot in the dark - Perhaps Sideshow already has the Pan's Labyrinth
license and is just waiting to unveil the pieces at or after Toy Fair 07?

That'd sure be a neat surprise, and the timing couldn't possibly be better.

*fingers crossed to the point of breaking*

JS

Back