Pan's Labyrinth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, if only someone from Sideshow was with me in Cannes to see Pan in May of last year...

But still, even if we end up waiting until '08 or '09 for the collectibles, there will definitely be a market for them. This is not Legend or Highlander, a movie that is remembered the more fondly the younger you were when you first saw it -- this is a classic of cinema, right up there with Bride of Frankenstein, Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast, and, say, Onibaba.

We who love it will not move on.

In my point of view this movie is making noise and im glad because if SS doesnt make them Darkhorse will do statues and if not we will get the statues, figures, etc from another company, so i expect the collectibles in 07 or 08 not more...

Seretur said:
Eh, if only someone from Sideshow was with me in Cannes to see Pan in May of last year...

But still, even if we end up waiting until '08 or '09 for the collectibles, there will definitely be a market for them. This is not Legend or Highlander, a movie that is remembered the more fondly the younger you were when you first saw it -- this is a classic of cinema, right up there with Bride of Frankenstein, Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast, and, say, Onibaba.

We who love it will not move on.
An Onibaba mention. Excellent!

Yeah I don't think anyone moves on from films they passionately love. There is a mass market for Pans Labyrinth. It may be a foreign film but it sure as hell aint foreign to anyone! When it was just viewing at a couple of theaters here in Sydney, every time I went it was completely packed. Now this NEVER happens with a foreign film, especially one with such a small showings of cinemas.
Now of course its showing everywhere (Oscar buzz):rolleyes: . Just like with any line of collectibles really, no one moves on. Aliens, Buffy, Bond, Apes & all the maquettes. These are from films/tv from awhile ago but the market it still definitely there:D
But Im REALLY relieved that SS didn't release any thing Pan's YET:cool: . There's no way I can afford another collectible atm:lol Im bursting at the seams with awesome SS offerings and no where near enough money!:lol

Seretur said:
Yes -- and that's why I so hoped Sideshow would announce this line during Toy Fair. And not Hostel and suchlike...

anakin1138 -- hey, we live just across the Adriatic from one another, we gotta help each other out. :)

I wish they would have announced the line too:(.

Yeah, That's true! we will help each other out Seretur. ;)

If Sideshow can make a kick-@$$ Darkness PF, they sure could make great
Faun and Pale Man and Ophelia PF figures. I just hope it doesn't take 3 years
to finish like the Darkness PF description says that one did.

JS

Figured I'd post this info here for anybody who bought the R3 DVD of Pan's Labyrinth.

Here is how you can play this DVD cheaply in the good old US of A:

1) Buy this cheap Insignia NS-DVD1 DVD player from Best Buy and pick it up to save the s/h cost:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspag...t&productCategoryId=cat03013&id=1152228812909

2) Use this hack code to play any region DVD in it:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Insignia+NS-DVD1

So for under $30 USD you've got a multi-region, multi format DVD player.

I hope this helps somebody else who either bought the R3 of Pan's Labyrinth,
or just wants to be able to play any region DVD's very cheaply!

JS :)

Pan's Labyrinth just won Academy Awards in the following categories:

BEST ART DIRECTION
BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
BEST MAKEUP

If this isn't proof enough that it's the best looking film of 2006, eclipsing everything Hollywood has put out, and reason enough to have these exact designs and makeups immortalised in collectible form... I don't know what would be.

Add to this the three nominations it didn't turn into a win -- Best Foreign-language Picture (the first for any fantasy movie), Best Original Screenplay, and Best Music -- and you have a rich, rich, rich proof that this movie is here to stay.

Sideshow, please don't wait until SDCC to announce this licence. You don't have to have any sculpts ready or anything, just tell us you got the licence. And I'll start saving up straight away.

(And if you don't have any sculpts indeed, may I suggest you go down the diorama/PF route? Fanx a bunch.)

I would definitely buy a Pale Male if SS made one.....Come on SS!! If we can't have 300 give us Pan's Labyrinth!

the chance of having Pan's Labyrinth license is more likely. I mean, Sideshow has done almost every film Del Toro has made. Devil's Backbone, Hellboy,....:confused: that's it. :D

From Picturehouse Forum:

[QUOTE="PictureHouse Webteam]No promises, but we are trying very hard to get the OK to produce one great item as a start. We hope to have details within a few weeks. It's actually something that has been mentioned in the Pan's Labyrinth forum, I smiled when I saw someone suggesting it since we were already working on it![/QUOTE] :monkey1 :monkey5 :D

saw this on Tuesday on dvd....i was highly impressed...i wanted to watch it again right after i finished it the first time. i wish it was in English and not sub-titled, not because the reading bothers you, because it doesn't, but because it takes your eyes off of the beautiful scenery. very well done movie.

Just finished watching the DVD---- with a one-year old it's sometimes hard to find the time to catch these... This one is a classic and a PF of the Faun would be spectacular.

Back