Pain in collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurdFerguson

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone ever really hurt themselves by trying to work on a figure or assemble one. Just curoius because I've gotten hurt too many times to count. My newest injury is pretty bad. I was trying to get a neck plug out of a neckless hot toys sculpt to put in my ski nomak. I've done this before with other sculpts and everything worked fine. This time I was forcing a screwdriver around the plug to loosen it when the metal screwdriver snapped. I then saw an indent in my fingers and then they started to bleed, badly. I think I might need stiches but I not really a fan of the doctor so I'll see what happens.

OUCH! I have learned to heat up EVERYTHING when ANYTHING is stuck in any of these figures.

Recently I cut down the neck on my Art Figures Avenger. I used a utility knife and not a lot of caution. Ended up slicing through my jeans and a good gash in my leg. Thank God I did not shank my johnson.

LOL!
I got hurt opening statue boxes. The box cutter cut me open and had to get 3 stitches in my finger! LOL
There are weeks I have to open 2-4 boxes at a time!

cut my finger with a box cutter opening my Bride of Frank PF.
Didn't notice it til I had put 3 spots of blood on her brand new white dress while setting her up .... :monkey1

In retrospect, was it worth it for a McFarlane figure :lol?

Well I certainly wouldn't take a blade to a HT figure so yeah it was worth it. Had it been an unsuccessful custom I would have regretted it sure but I was able to do what I wanted to do.

Back