P.O.S. Re-Caster *Please Read*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom figures are awesome :lecture

Pictures of illegal customs have been removed :lecture

No I didn't miss the point. You like customs. You buy customs. But,your attitude sends a big f___ you to the customizers because you could really care less if they get ripped off. My quess is you'll buy a recast if it's something you really want, weither it's still available from the original artist or not. Charles was asking those who enjoy and support customizers to avoid supporting recasters. Your stand implies that since you think it's all wrong you don't feel guilty about buying from whoever has what you want regardless of how they got it.

Strike two. :lol

Cool story though :hi5:

Pictures of illegal customs have been removed :lecture

Thanks Evil! Probably saved me from a lawsuit. :1-1:

It's irrelevant. The base sculpt/likeness i.e. the majority of the work was done by someone else while Les recasted it (with the minimal amount of work he put in which was/is minor in comparison) and took 100% of the profits.
And it's hypocritical. :lol:lol:lol

Not really irrelevant, if someone is able to improve upon an existing sculpt (which pleases fans) then people are willing to buy and even beat down customizers doors to get one. Not saying it doesn't have the same inherent problems as unlicensed products, but your over- simplication makes it sounds like he did nothing to improve the product.

Also, how do you know he (or others) spent less time than the original sculptor? Not sure why you'd even mention it if it truly was irrelevant :lol

Go work a 9 to 5 doing manual labor where you bust your ass for 8 hours doing real work and then come back and tell me that sitting down and sculpting at your leisure is "Agony".

I've done both; but nice of you too assume I have no idea what manual labor is :lol Personally I prefer my work as a psychologist; but I guess that couldn't be agonizing either :rolleyes2:

And if you are not being intentionally obtuse I will explain that people can "agonize" about the details of a sculpt and getting it as near to perfection as possible. So in that context is appropriate to use, especially given the amount of "constructive" criticism buyers will level at a sculptor.

Not saying it doesn't have the same inherent problems as unlicensed products, but your over- simplication makes it sounds like he did nothing to improve the product.

Doesn't matter if he improved the sculpt. It's not his work to begin with. If a recaster improves a sculpt it's still considered "stealing". Hell one dude improved the SSC Wolf Bio (fixed the warping AND added real lasers) and he was still condemned.

Also, how do you know he (or others) spent less time than the original sculptor? Not sure why you'd even mention it if it truly was irrelevant :lol

I mentioned it because that seems to be the big sticking point with people when it comes to recasters, that they don't put in as much work as the original sculptors. So I made sure to state that with my example to preempt someone from claiming (kinda like you're doing now) that Les put in just as much work if not more than the original sculptor. And that would be false. Because all Les did was modify the hair.

I've done both; but nice of you too assume I have no idea what manual labor is.

It wasn't an assumption, it was based on your statement that sculpting is "Agonizing". People who bust their ass for a living would never label a hobby that's done at leisure as "Agonizing". Because it isn't. :wave

Well thankfully you can speak for the everyman busting their ass for a living who could be offended by the discussion :lol And I was not the originator of the "agonizing post"... just furthering the point as you seem unable to grasp that agonizing can be applied past the realm of "physical" agonizing... but please, continue to illuminate those of us up on mount privileged :rolleyes2:

Just accept that you're wrong and/or being intentionally argumentative... it will be so much easier for all involved :lol :huh

So who here would buy a recast head?

Lets start a poll!!!

Under the proper circumstances. I think I outlined my own personal circumstances under which I'd buy and have bought recasted heads: original is impossible to get ahold of, recasted with some significant changes, want to alter it somehow but preserve the original. Recasting is part of what makes this hobby so great. But don't go out and recast a head that's readily available from the people who actually made it, and try and peddle it off another venue all shady like so you don't get caught. Philosophical implications aside, the whole reason I started this thread was because I had a part in making something that was then copied / stolen and sold elsewhere. End of story.

Manual labor is not as difficult as intellectual labor. If it was, the majority of any population would be at a desk, and all labor would be done by machines.

Manual labor is not as difficult as intellectual labor. If it was, the majority of any population would be at a desk, and all labor would be done by machines.
I don't think this is true. There are barriers to entry to many jobs where you use your head that may have little to do with intelligence. I've seen lots of dummies in important decision-making positions because they knew the right people and were willing to "play the game." There's more than intelligence (edit: and hard work) that plays into that.

There are also social and environmental factors that affect what is or isn't a "good job" for person X.

Also, folks with high intelligence probably don't have to work very hard to do jobs requiring thought, just like guys with big muscles might not have to work very hard shoveling tar or whatever.

Last edited:
Anybody here want to buy a custom recast of my ____? I'll sell cheap, but shipping is gonna cost a lot.

And my russian spammer wife just fell ill, so it may be while before shipping.

I don't think this is true. There are barriers to entry to many jobs where you use your head that may have little to do with intelligence. I've seen lots of dummies in important decision-making positions because they knew the right people and were willing to "play the game." There's more than intelligence (edit: and hard work) that plays into that.

There are also social and environmental factors that affect what is or isn't a "good job" for person X.

This does have some truth to it; a therapy group I run has a lot of guys that work some very labor intensive jobs and work 60+ hours a week. They often tell me they'd much prefer to keep their jobs then listen to people's problems all day like I do :lol

They might even find it agonizing, or at least fretful :lol

Back