Optibotimus Reviews: SSC 1/6th scale GENERAL GRIEVOUS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice review Optibotimus! I don't really care much for the Prequel Trilogy but always have thought General Grievous was a pretty cool designed character. Not intending to add him to my collection but looks like he turned out very nice.

Great review "Optibotimus". Great work on Sideshow's behalf to bring this character to 1/6th collectors. Not 100% feeling the look though. Yes SS has appeared to have captured the stand up tall pre Obi Wan fight look but I am not seeing the other 95% screen time of this character. I have a feeling that I might get frustrated trying to position this figure into iconic Grievous poses he cannot be positioned into. I am kind of feeling the same way I did when I first saw images of SS Grievous......sitting this one out. Still looking forward to seeing youtube reviews and in hand picts though!!

Great review. Hopefully SS will start shipping him sometime this week. Can't wait to see him in hand.

Nice Review Opti. Very detailed. Can't wait till next month. That's when ill be putting my order in. Thanks again for the review!

Awesome review man, this Figure is totally worth the money... unlike Vader :lol

and it seems like your hands were way more occupied this time not being able to put grievous down, cant wait

edit: also could you snap a quick pic of him standing as upright as possible next to a clone or something? thanks man

Last edited:
I do enjoy your reviews, however, from a constructive criticism standpoint, you could be a little more objective... I'm a Sideshow collector, and have been impressed by the continued improvement in quality in their various lineups. However, as impressive as the paint apps on this figure are, they are also expected for a $200+ figure. Painting the individual organs is not "a nice touch", but should be expected in this price range... in my humble opinion. Nice review though, keep 'em coming!

I do enjoy your reviews, however, from a constructive criticism standpoint, you could be a little more objective... I'm a Sideshow collector, and have been impressed by the continued improvement in quality in their various lineups. However, as impressive as the paint apps on this figure are, they are also expected for a $200+ figure. Painting the individual organs is not "a nice touch", but should be expected in this price range... in my humble opinion. Nice review though, keep 'em coming!

:exactly: It also bugs me when watching reviews (not this one in particular) when reviewers talk about the accessories and say "you get.....etc etc ". It sounds like we are getting all this bonus stuff. They should say "included are". There is not bonus stuff on a $200+ figure!!

:exactly: It also bugs me when watching reviews (not this one in particular) when reviewers talk about the accessories and say "you get.....etc etc ". It sounds like we are getting all this bonus stuff. They should say "included are". There is not bonus stuff on a $200+ figure!!

Kinda hard when youre reviewing a figure that you got below retail and early by the company who made it :lol

Only made it 4 minutes into the review. Just got to distracted by all the hand movements.

Awesome review!! I am so excited to see how it turned out and that it turned out so well. I can't wait to put him in this pose:
869578-general_grievous.jpg

I think there are plenty of reviews where the figures are just standing there, unobstructed by hands, etc.
I love how Opti digs into the figures and really plays with them. It gives you as close to an "in hand & hands on" feel as you can get without plopping down the $$ if you're deciding if you want to purchase or not.

Back