Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man Hall of Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, we could say that about every single HT piece since they are all plastic. But it seems there is always someone ready to buy it, and they almost always sell out. Worth is relative.

Not really, a figure has lots of detail, the head sculpts and then the paint, these are just grey plastic.

Good review, but just to clarify a couple of things:

Someone above suggested that assembly was permanent. Not at all; you can easily take it apart and put these back in their boxes.

The hologram clings show up bright and clear in the blue light. I'm not sure why he couldn't see it. The photo here isn't the best, but you can see how the effect shows up clearly.

Also, you can run the base light for all connected bases on one set of AAA batteries. In this photo, all the base lights are powered off of the batteries from the fourth base; the other three are empty.

ibgxTNac6k6CRv.gif

WOOOSSSSHHHHHH

thats the sounds of sarcasm blowing right over your heads...

ibuZBV46o2izkH.gif

Someone above suggested that assembly was permanent. Not at all; you can easily take it apart and put these back in their boxes.

The hologram clings show up bright and clear in the blue light. I'm not sure why he couldn't see it. The photo here isn't the best, but you can see how the effect shows up clearly.

Also, you can run the base light for all connected bases on one set of AAA batteries. In this photo, all the base lights are powered off of the batteries from the fourth base; the other three are empty.

Do you have the plexiglass angled back towards the figures at the top? I didn't do that in mine because it doesn't show that in the instructions. I can't imagine why i still wasn't able to at least see something though. Could you see the images on the protective card they're put on at all?

Also for the batteries, that's odd since i showed in mine that two connected won't run off one battery pack. Does it require 4 to have them plugged together to work that way?

My biggest problem is the fact that the glass doesn't cover the whole front which in turn will leave room for dust. Kinda defeats the purpose of a display doesn't it? The price should have been 70-85 for these too but that's a whole other story. That said still getting a set of 4 and I'll go from there if I ever pick up mks 3,4 and 6. Honestly I'd be interested to see if these actually decrease in price on the secondary market when people decide they don't want them. I couldn't see people paying more for these since they are already way over priced. But who knows...

WOOOSSSSHHHHHH

thats the sounds of sarcasm blowing right over your heads...

Just curious, what was supposed to alert the reader that it was sarcasm? Looked like just incorrect information to me. Is there some internet equivalency between a banana-eating monkey animation and sarcasm that I'm unaware of?

Just curious, what was supposed to alert the reader that it was sarcasm? Looked like just incorrect information to me. Is there some internet equivalency between a banana-eating monkey animation and sarcasm that I'm unaware of?

Seriously, how could a HT item that comes in parts go together and NOT come apart again? Those parts HAVE TO come apart for the batteries surely???
All who said: "No, it comes apart again!" were just really slow on the uptake, that's all.
It's not an attack on you. Just a fact.

Do you have the plexiglass angled back towards the figures at the top? I didn't do that in mine because it doesn't show that in the instructions. I can't imagine why i still wasn't able to at least see something though. Could you see the images on the protective card they're put on at all?

Also for the batteries, that's odd since i showed in mine that two connected won't run off one battery pack. Does it require 4 to have them plugged together to work that way?

Yeah, you can see them clearly in blue, even on the card backing. That was why I couldn't understand your confusion. Maybe you got a factory error with blank sheets? I didn't have to angle them back, just positioned straight up the blue lights pick up the "hologram" really clearly.

Good question on the batteries, I don't know. I'll try just two when I get home and see what happens. But it runs all four base lights, the blue and the roof and backing lights, off one set of batteries.

Seriously, how could a HT item that comes in parts go together and NOT come apart again? Those parts HAVE TO come apart for the batteries surely???
All who said: "No, it comes apart again!" were just really slow on the uptake, that's all.
It's not an attack on you. Just a fact.

I disagree; I think anyone reading that could take it as an assertion of fact. But as with all things, your mileage may vary.

I disagree; I think anyone reading that could take it as an assertion of fact. But as with all things, your mileage may vary.

Of course. You didn't get it.
It's not personal. Some get it, some don't. When you've been around here enough, you'll get to know the jokers and if you read something a bit far fetched from them, you'll realise it's just them japing.
Have you ever bought a HT figure or item that, once together, couldn't come apart?
Especially parts that need batteries.

Of course. You didn't get it.
It's not personal. Some get it, some don't. When you've been around here enough, you'll get to know the jokers and if you read something a bit far fetched from them, you'll realise it's just them japing.
Have you ever bought a HT figure or item that, once together, couldn't come apart?
Especially parts that need batteries.

Well, there have been some that didn't fit together like they should have, that's for sure. I'm looking at you, Batpod handlebars...

Where is that picture from? Picture is way too small but the Hologram looks great there all lit up.

Great review Opti. These are not worth 120+ each in my opinion. Going to wait and see if other companies or custom HOA out there will make these more sturdy and with a power outlet. I'm lazy I don't want to push each button individually to turn on/off or swap batteries.

Yeah.
He claps his hands and says "Wake up. Daddy's home" and all the holograms start up.
The cool part is that the MKI says: "Reconstruction", MKII: "Prototype", MKIII: "Battle Damaged" and MKIV says: "Awaiting upgrade".
Another nice touch is that when Pepper walks in moaning about Tony giving away his art collection, he walks past a CNC machine that has the MKVI displayed on the screen. Like the MKVI was ALREADY being fabricated prior to the trianular chest reactor. It's the first appearance of DUM-E since it handed Tony the MKI chest piece in IM1.
And also of course, the hologram of the MKV suitcase is floating in the air. Tony grabs a hologram from the air, and throws it into a basket, then walks up to the suitcase armour(It actually says "Suitcase" on the hologram), closes the case and swipes it aside.

Is that the Bridgeport machine that the MKVI is displayed on?
When he says "Dum-E! Hey, stop spacing out. The Bridgeports already machining that part."
Been awhile since I saw IM2 but I LOVE that scene!

Back