Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man Hall of Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the Bridgeport machine that the MKVI is displayed on?
When he says "Dum-E! Hey, stop spacing out. The Bridgeports already machining that part."
Been awhile since I saw IM2 but I LOVE that scene!

Yeah, that's the scene.
I love the idea it's all built in his garage.
But in a really high tech manner.
I also read that the baseplates of the Hall Of Armour drop into the floor.
It was during an interview with Jon Favreau where the guy(Obviously a geek), asked him: "If the MKII was in the Hall Of Armour, how did Rhodey get into it?"
Favreau said that when Rhodey had activated the gantry system(Which we never see in IM1 but Rhodey was present for when Tony got the MKIII put on to go and fight Stane), the MKII drops into the floor to be split apart for the gantry to attach it to him, and comes up out of the floor in pieces attached to the gantry arms.
Makes total sense. And of course they had to have an idea on how it worked.
But it makes you wonder how the military were able to get it off him...

Bridgeport are fantastic machines.
I remember reading that or something, each suit can descend below the floor and hidden machinery disassembles it and "feeds" the armor parts to the gantry to be reassembled. Sort of reminds me of a complex automobile assembly plant.

Bridgeport are fantastic machines.
I remember reading that or something, each suit can descend below the floor and hidden machinery disassembles it and "feeds" the armor parts to the gantry to be reassembled. Sort of reminds me of a complex automobile assembly plant.

I'd love to have seen the way the Avengers Tower Gantry worked in reverse. Like Tony walking out on the gantry walkway, having the armour assembled on him and it all placed on him by the time he gets to the end of the platform and takes off.

I thought that same thing in the theater during that scene. I wanted so badly to see the reverse of that. All the hidden machinery that would have to be in the entire tower for all that stuff to work is insane.

Then we got the MKVII suit up an I forgot about that for awhile haha

I thought that same thing in the theater during that scene. I wanted so badly to see the reverse of that. All the hidden machinery that would have to be in the entire tower for all that stuff to work is insane.

Then we got the MKVII suit up an I forgot about that for awhile haha

Exactly.
One of the concept artists said something similar. By the time the Stark Tower is built. Tony, without even thinking about it is designing his entire LIFE around the suits. Even the environment he lives in is dedicated to the suits. He can land on a platform and amble to the inside, having his suit taken off as he walks. Perfection.
And even that system is superseded by the MKVII which can not only fly to him and assemble itself on him, it can also open up like a garage door for him to step out of it. It makes all gantry systems totally obsolete.

Just want to say thanks to everyone here that has been so supportive of my reviews of Hot Toys and other 1/6th scale figures. It's been a true pleasure sharing them with you guys!

Just want to say thanks to everyone here that has been so supportive of my reviews of Hot Toys and other 1/6th scale figures. It's been a true pleasure sharing them with you guys!

No prob!

Question:

What is your discount rate like with SSC pieces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back