Opinions of another Odin for Thor 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All Hot Toys cares is about money (which is no critique since they are a big business company). Why should they do a figure twice when the first time it came out it was so slow selling that there are still so much Odins left at very low prices. Many 2.0 versions are still available and not that much expensive like the Mark II unleashed or Mark I 2.0 even although they are great and detailed figures, they don't cost soo much because there is already a bunch of Mark II and Mark I from the first release on the market. So in case of Odin not many wanted to have the first release, so the second one won't sell in near future so why doing it?

Ah, by the way personally I also would love to have a good Odin and my point was also about the hair. Because of the helmet the upper hair is also not that much important for me but the beard looks also like made of stone. Really sad :(

:gah:I don't like this thread.:wink1: Its making me want a Loki from Thor all over again!!!:gah:
Fffffffff, ditto on that one... :thud:

Seriously, Avengers Loki was great and all, but this is really making me want a Loki from Thor again.

Last edited:
I want Jane Foster and Sif... Then maybe ill consider another Odin... If they make lol

Sales of Odin weren't great and the figure is not too hard to find. I really doubt they'd make another. They'll probably divert the resources to a Dark World Loki. Avengers Loki sold out 5 or 6 times on SSC. By the time Dark World Loki would come out (June/July 2014 or so) Avengers Loki will be highly sought after and command a higher aftermarket price. HT price raise will look much cheaper in comparison to aftermarket ebay prices.

I actually want a sword-wielding Frigga before anotehr Odin. And I am desperately hoping for Sif.

I also want Jane and Darcy, but I realsie those are pretty big longshots because female figures just don't get made unless they're a) fighters or b) super-sexy. Which is why I've bashed my own Darcy & Jane. But if HT did make a Jane with rooted hair, I'm pretty sure SW fandom would snap it up to bash a Padme before you could blink, like they did the EVO heads. I have a loose natalie Portman sculpt from Black Swan that's a decent likeness, but I've yet to find a body that actually looks anything like Portman's.

I admit, I'm a geek for the height differentials when it comes to group figures. i really like that the new Widow figure is shorter than Hawkeye, even if Hawkeye and Stark should be shorter than some of the other HT Avengers.

But yeah. OMG SIF. I'd buy two pretty much guaranteed--one for me, one for my BFF.

Odin was one of those figures I'd been thinking about picking up for ages, but kept getting pushed back.
Finally got one a few days ago. Gotta say I prefer him to Thor. Also needed to round out "the Family" group shot!

null_zps8973e586.jpg

.....don't need another one though.

awesome group shot ~ that's the set i have as well (though i did buy a thor avengers head since i never liked the original thor head.

i'm pretty happy with odin as-is. an updated version could be stunning, but isn't cruicial (much as i love anthony hopkins and absolutely love his odin character). a new character like jane would be a better choice.

also, it would save me money and heartache. ha!

: D

Back