Opinion - What's better: Rambo First Blood (M65 Jacket Version) or Rambo III???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the better version of HT Rambo

• Rambo: First Blood (M65 Jacket Version)

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Rambo III

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters

jayveeeusebio

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys :wave, can you help me out in my little dilemma here? :panic: I'm thinking of getting only 1 HT Rambo figure to complement my collection of Stallone figures and I don't know which HT version to get :slap Which do you think is more superior in terms of the HS, accessories..in short, the overall rate of the figure and will better represent "Rambo" in my HT collection: Rambo: First Blood (M65 Jacket Version) or Rambo III :cuckoo:

Your suggestions will be very helpful in making my final decision. :lecture

Thanks guys! :peace

Last edited:
I have both, voted Rambo III..better HS but, both figures are really nice.

Rambo 3 is probably the better head sculpt, and he has weapons (M65 only has a knife, jacket, and sleeping bag).

BUT, First Blood is a far superior film. That's the only Rambo I have, and the only existing figure I want.

Not really a fair comparison from an accessory point of view, as M65 came with knife and bag while Rambo 3 came with everything under the sun.

If price is no issue, I would ask myself which I am more of a fan of; the icon or the movies?

Answer: If you want the icon, go with Rambo 3.
If you are a bigger fan of First blood, go with M65.

If it was up to me, I would get both.

If price is a factor, go with M65, it should be a bit cheaper.

Hi guys :wave, can you help me out in my little dilemma here? :panic: I'm thinking of getting only 1 HT Rambo figure to complement my collection of Stallone figures and I don't know which HT version to get :slap Which do you think is more superior in terms of the HS, accessories..in short, the overall rate of the figure and will better represent "Rambo" in my HT collection: Rambo: First Blood (M65 Jacket Version) or Rambo III :cuckoo:

Your suggestions will be very helpful in making my final decision. :lecture

Thanks guys! :peace

I would have to say the Jacket version or even John J. from First Blood. It is my favorite. Not because the figure is so superior in a design sense, but the movie is iconic and Rambo III is like Superman IV. They are both crap, and the same can be said of the upcoming Hot Toys Spider-Man. Spider-man 3! You gotta be _____ing kidding me! Spider-Man 3 may be a great Hot Toys seller, and hard to find eventually (like Robocop3. Really, Robo---ing Cop 3!!!!!) Love the movie, get the figure. If the movie is --it then stay away from the figure. Nuff said

This is really a close call, most collectors collect them all, I guess it just depends on which film you like more. It's too bad that the prices on these are so high now. I go with M65, a lot of collectors like it when they get a ton of accessories with a figure, but M65 is one of those rare figures that come with very little and it doesn't matter.

Overall, Rambo 3 is a better representation of the source than the M65 but either is great. I also feel that M65 doesn't look good on the body it comes with, the shoulders look way to broad, I've put mine onto a Narrow. M65 was actually the first HT figure I got where I felt the old body was too broad in the shoulders, so glad they came to agree and made the Narrow.

27.jpg

35.jpg

Rambo III is the ultimate Rambo. The others are nice, and I own them all (save Pt. II which I sold before the body rots). But if you're only going for a single representation, and if I had to cut my collection down to just one, I'd go with Rambo III.

Rambo 3 is probably the better head sculpt, and he has weapons (M65 only has a knife, jacket, and sleeping bag).

BUT, First Blood is a far superior film. That's the only Rambo I have, and the only existing figure I want.

Exactly. These are not two pieces that should be compared though. Film wise you should go with First Blood, figure wise I think the Rambo III is better. If I could only pick one it'd be the M65 jacket one. FB is an excellent movie to me and really stands out from the other 3. "Rambo" being my 2nd fav of the series.

Hard to choose,but Rambo 3 is a more iconic look so if you want just one,this is the one you should go for.

i'm thinking if i had to choose one that the M65 version would be all i need. first blood is the movie i would watch over and over when it is on at 11PM on a weeknight.

M65 fig. is from an iconic movie, it represents a classic intro of an iconic character in action movies, in fact so iconic they gave homage to the outfit at the end of Rambo IV

M65 fig. is from an iconic movie, it represents a classic intro of an iconic character in action movies, in fact so iconic they gave homage to the outfit at the end of Rambo IV

I don't thing that was so much "homage" as it was bookending the series with how it started. The only part of the wardrobe that was the same was the jacket and it wasn't even the same jacket.

I also own all the figures and gotta go with part III. Just overall baddass and better facial expression. If you can afford it get both.

I don't thing that was so much "homage" as it was bookending the series with how it started. The only part of the wardrobe that was the same was the jacket and it wasn't even the same jacket.

Yup, it was about making the beginning and end of Rambo's journy tie together, even the music was nearly identical. If HT does a Rambo 4 figure or figures, I'd like them to make the outfit to have figure bookends.

Back