Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you guys still see my Vader pictures, or my signature?

Please let me know, I can't so I need to know if I'm having connection issues with my host or if it's blocked to everyone.

I can't see any of your new pics:banghead

Well, image issue solved, even the website for my host is down, apparently something real severe must have happened.

I'll share more Vader pics once I can post them.

WOW, finally caught up on this thread and more than half was just about the helmet alone. I really love this figure and I believe it's the best up to date for the 1/6 collection. I'm just so happy that we are getting a well done figure of Vader and I know it's been a long wait for ever collecting the SW 1/6 from SS. I'm happy with what they have given us and I can't wait til this comes in 18 days!!!

I'm almost ready for Vader to arrive.
waiting4vader1.jpg

waiting4vader2.jpg

Totally brilliant Anzik, I am doing exactly the same dio for my Vader arrival. Can not wait to see more pics.
Most inspirational.

Dorgmal

Vader won't be able to cross his arms? That's a bummer... I'm tired of all of my SSC stuff having "hands on hips" kinds of poses.

Really, Vader never crossed his arms until ROTS probably because it looked and felt awkward. When they did it in Sith I thought it looked like he was straining to cross them. Not to mention the new "old" armor didn't move to accommodate this. One may argue that was the point, but it's all water under the bridge now, though, right?

As for small helmet, it's a real let down for me. The helmet IS Darth Vader. I don't want to harsh on y'all's Vader buzz, but it would bother me forever if I bought this figure and had to look at that. Bad enough I've had to turn a blind eye to so much prequel nonsense just to watch them.

I think whomever said it was made to be a universal helmet was right. The Vader helmet for Sith was totally re-sculpted and the dome made smaller for GOD knows what reason. The Hasbro Electronic Vader was the best Vader from them, but it still had a funky head. I expected the prototype that looked 100% proper. Damn.

I have a feeling Tarkin will be soon and the next Imperial, they've sort of been scaling up to him, Praji as an officer, Piett as an Admiral, Tarkin next as the highest ranking Imperial officer.

We do need him though, even though I can pose Vader with anyone, posing him with a Tarkin would just feel more right than any other figure except Ben, those are the only 2 that really go great with ANH Vader.

Hope the Tarkin turns out better than the Piett. I loved Piett's character but that figure is the pits.

Tarkin gets another vote from me.
Putting these figs together
Vader
Tarkin
Stormy
Sandy

Hope the Tarkin turns out better than the Piett. I loved Piett's character but that figure is the pits.

Gotta disagree with you. I mean, you're not wrong when it comes to looking at him whilst he's wearing that plastic hat. But have you looked closely at the photo of him in the cloth hat? Very, very accurate, I think. :)

Really, Vader never crossed his arms until ROTS probably because it looked and felt awkward. When they did it in Sith I thought it looked like he was straining to cross them. Not to mention the new "old" armor didn't move to accommodate this. One may argue that was the point, but it's all water under the bridge now, though, right?

As for small helmet, it's a real let down for me. The helmet IS Darth Vader. I don't want to harsh on y'all's Vader buzz, but it would bother me forever if I bought this figure and had to look at that. Bad enough I've had to turn a blind eye to so much prequel nonsense just to watch them.

I think whomever said it was made to be a universal helmet was right. The Vader helmet for Sith was totally re-sculpted and the dome made smaller for GOD knows what reason. The Hasbro Electronic Vader was the best Vader from them, but it still had a funky head. I expected the prototype that looked 100% proper. Damn.

*coughlittleCanadianHaydencough*

*coughlittleCanadianHaydencough*

Hardly little at just about 6'2, they just made the mask part in ROTS more narrow and the effect really works, giving the dome a sharper look overall..i am sure they could had padded out the old style Vader helmets to fit Hayden if they had choosen to go with that look but, i doubt when designing the suit they had to brainstorm how to fit Hayden in it to the point it would change the overall look of Vader from the previous films..they just wanted something new and fresh for the movie.

I really never liked Hayden as a actor(only ROTS and Life as a House) and even in person he is a real jerk apparently, he grew up in Richmond Hill which is like 20mins away from me, he was a spoiled rich kid that pretty much bought his way into acting..so i hear.

I have a feeling Tarkin will be soon and the next Imperial, they've sort of been scaling up to him, Praji as an officer, Piett as an Admiral, Tarkin next as the highest ranking Imperial officer.

We do need him though, even though I can pose Vader with anyone, posing him with a Tarkin would just feel more right than any other figure except Ben, those are the only 2 that really go great with ANH Vader.

How about a Tie Pilot , or Admiral Motti getting choked?

Back