Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually an amalgamation of a couple bodies. I started with the Hot Toys Briareos body, because he has the bulkier arms, shoulder, and legs I was looking for. The problem was the neck sat too high, and the calves had built-in boot feet. I used the regular Vader torso and forearms, added the Briareos arms and modded them with fishers from the hardware store to fit properly on the SS Vader shoulder joints and forearms. I added Predator 1 calves to fit the Vader boots and now I have a figure with tighter joints, a more authentic Prowse physique body, more accurate height, and better pose-ability and articulation.

Whoa :clap good job w/the mod.

Ah, any pictures of the Moded body? He looks great, much more fuller than the original. Did you also have to mod the jumpsuit?

It's actually an amalgamation of a couple bodies. I started with the Hot Toys Briareos body, because he has the bulkier arms, shoulder, and legs I was looking for. The problem was the neck sat too high, and the calves had built-in boot feet. I used the regular Vader torso and forearms, added the Briareos arms and modded them with fishers from the hardware store to fit properly on the SS Vader shoulder joints and forearms. I added Predator 1 calves to fit the Vader boots and now I have a figure with tighter joints, a more authentic Prowse physique body, more accurate height, and better pose-ability and articulation.

Ah, any pictures of the Moded body? He looks great, much more fuller than the original. Did you also have to mod the jumpsuit?

No changes necessary to the jumpsuit, it has a bit of room to stretch out. In fact, one of the main things that bothered me was that the jumpsuit looked baggy on his regular body. Sorry, I don't want to take the outfit off now, I thought about how I forgot to take pics after finishing the modification. The body does look great under the jumpsuit though (I might do it, if I feel like taking him apart again).

It's funny, but I always thought the opposite. Before the mod, it has the same googly eyes and protruding mouth as the Hasbro Vader. Kind of like everything was pushed forward. Plus, the exposed brows and silly happy face expression is the same as the Hasbro Vader. The mod gives it depth and character to the expression. You would need to see the difference in person. It's like night and day. But like you said, it's different opinions/tastes. If you are happy with Vader as is, then good for you.:vader\

Here are the before and after pics:

Picture7.png
DSC01575.jpg

100x better after doing this mod!..great job!.

Well, can post few pic of mine now.
I've made him in Ep5-6 style: redressed, add some thews on body, made new chain and chain hook, little bit lowed his giraffe neck. So I should repaint the computer and buy him glowing sword next... and two stormtroopers, it's the part of his accessories too! XD

He looks nice now, IMHO.

Well... looks like complete Episode 5 Vader to me now:

Only glowing sword needed now.
Better look on repainted computer HERE.

Last edited:
looks great V-raptor, just one more mod - a longer cape and this is one nice piece, The cape at high tide is the only thing to bug me any more on my figure, I'd like to use a material which ha a little bit more weight in it

Well, shocktrooper_au, this is the big problem. You 100% right talking about the wrong domes form, it should be changed. But I didn't saw yet custom dome that I like. You see, for me it is very important when Vaders dome shines and reflect all around. For me it is the part of the character from Ep5-6. And all custom domes I saw looks like it is from Ep4: with scratches, stains. etc. So I will wait and surly change the dome when good replacement will be available.

Also, not a single photo can't tell you how awesome this Vader looks in life.
So I've made a VIDEO. Please, enjoy it! ^_^

PS OMG, YouTube spoiled all pictures quality, dammit (((
PPS All Russian comment you can read in English in videos' info.

Last edited:
It's the music have an influence upon you to say so... XD
ooo... this hypnotic music, loving it soooo muuuch... @_@

))))))))) Thanks, mate!

Last edited:
ooooo, ye! the sword looks awesome! My friend has one one like this, not a single photo can show how cool it is in life. Congrats, bro!

Do anyone making sick a swords here? Can someone PM to me the nickname or contacts of needed master, who can take the custom order for the sheaf from few swords? (red+blue+blue). Thanks for help!

It's funny, but I always thought the opposite. Before the mod, it has the same googly eyes and protruding mouth as the Hasbro Vader. Kind of like everything was pushed forward. Plus, the exposed brows and silly happy face expression is the same as the Hasbro Vader. The mod gives it depth and character to the expression. You would need to see the difference in person. It's like night and day. But like you said, it's different opinions/tastes. If you are happy with Vader as is, then good for you.:vader\

Here are the before and after pics:

Picture7.png
DSC01575.jpg

Great job Commtech glad my pic can be the whipping boy to your awesome mod. :lol

Back