Official ROBOTECH Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I made a mistake, even though I realized it before the purchase was finalized. I ended up with the original release of the SDF-1 by Wave, which is in TV colors. Checked them out again at CollectionDX, and seems like something I can live with. The colors are not garish, and for the price, and the fact that I wanted one pretty much right away, I went ahead with it:

1/5000 SDF-1 in TV color by Wave/Bandai
picture.php

fm: I had this collection for a long time, but eventually sold it when I realized I did not care for the Masters and New Generation like I did when I was younger. I seem to have built an affinity for all things Macross, and am actually on the market for a "Complete" version of just the first arc of Robotech. Maybe even a non-dubbed, sub-titled version of Macross as it originally aired in Japan. I have never seen it that way.

fm: As I have never seen any of these films (or are some of them series?) what is the proper order to view them in?

Only i saw, Macross Plus ,Zero and Seven, Zero is awesome.

fm: I have the opposite attraction. Where I definitely became hooked on Robotech in my youth, even videotaping each episode as they originally aired, I grew to have a keener fascination with Macross once I discovered the film, DYRL, as a bootleg VHS at a small comic book convention.

With these sagas the same thing happens to me that with SW, I do not criticize the saga of macross, they seem to me fantastic, but I prefer Robotech.
I imagine that this is for my age. : )

The best collection ever 21 dvd of total awesomeness........:rock:rock:rock

003-34.jpg
I have to pick this set up. I have the Macross Saga on individual box sets, but don't have the Masters or New Generation.

I too grew up on Robotech, it was my 'soap opera' and I used to run home from school everyday watch it. I cried when Roy Fokker died. :monkey2

That set is awesome, no doubts. But for me its all about Macross now. Still digging to determine which DVD's to buy next to fill the hole in my collection. Oh, and that set is a pretty fair price on Amazon right now, considering I bought and sold my copy for just over $120 a few years ago.

Furystorm , you haven't seen Macross Zero yet ?, man this is awesome run fast and get those dvd , are 2 volume with 5 ovas , is the beginning of the new era , this happens before Macross, It tells the history of a pilot who for accident knows to Roy Fokker and the new era of robotech.......hurry up Fury !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
And one little rare bonus .....Perfect Soundtrack Album , commemorative the 10th anniversary of Robotech , 2 cd and 66 unforgettable tracks :clap

004-33.jpg

I don't know if there is a tread in the dealer section mentioning the sale at BBST, but most of the Yamato items are on sale for 40% off. Of course, I order last week full price, and now they are on huge sale. I have the worst luck with these things, and always end up getting screwed. But I emailed them asking if the discount can be applied. We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

Armored Foe - sent you a pm with the direct link to a Destroid Tomahawk.

I don't know if there is a tread in the dealer section mentioning the sale at BBST, but most of the Yamato items are on sale for 40% off. Of course, I order last week full price, and now they are on huge sale. I have the worst luck with these things, and always end up getting screwed. But I emailed them asking if the discount can be applied. We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

Armored Foe - sent you a pm with the direct link to a Destroid Tomahawk.

I wrote you back via PM, but some how,lol i see that it says it here...never seen that come up before, maybe I did something wrong. Anyways tht is a pretty good sale. All the tomahawks were gone by the time I realized they had a sale.

Sorry you missed out on that one. I'm still glad to have it coming, even at full price, because it looks so awesome. But hopefully, BBTS will find it in their heart to make me a happy collector and offer me the discount. I went ahead and ordered two stands for Valkyries, and they too are sold out now, so I'm glad I did not hesitate too long. That's the best price I have seen for those in my limited searching and I'm definitely going to need them for proper display.

Destroid Tomahawk arrives tomorrow! :D

Yeah man, I have 2 friends who have them, but I still havent seen them in person... only reviews and them just showing me photos...Im excited for you :D

yeah I wanted one of the 1/60 and all gone...except for the more expensive ones which I cant afford right now.

They were awesome, and honored the sale even though I purchased last week! Nice one BBTS, even if it is only store credit. I won't have a problem spending that in the near future.

Hell yeah, awesome good for you man. Damn that is pretty nice of them to at least give you store credit. Like you I would easily find something else to put that credit to.

They were awesome, and honored the sale even though I purchased last week! Nice one BBTS, even if it is only store credit. I won't have a problem spending that in the near future.

That's good news. I've only bought a few items from them & it's been all good. Great store to deal with IMO.

Make sure you post a few pics of the new stuff for us. :hi5:

Most of my import robots have come from big bad, there a great place to order from and are very organized and difinetly are great to deal with as far as customer support. I actually got a holiday card from them a few times. Joel and his crew are great people.

Back