Official ROBOTECH Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I also seen the new SDF-1 on the BBTS site, it does look great. I have the 1/5000 scale which is cool, but definately getting this one.

If anyone cares Lionsgate is releasing a new 20 disc DVD box set of the full Robotech series + Sentinels with new special features on November 5th.

The only thing is that it's DVD (not blu-ray) and maintains all the revised George Lucas-style Special Edition sound effects and re-edited opening and closing credit sequences. Pretty lame all around IMO but here's the link nonetheless:

Robotech.png

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Robotech-Complete-Set/dp/B00ERH1718/ref=sr_1_25?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1377887275&sr=1-25&keywords=robotech[/ame]

we wouldn't be able to play those here any ways, they're not region free discs. unless you have a region free player. plus i dont think the japanese bluray version has subs does it?

Oh a Robotech thread! never seen this in here!
Big Robotech fan. new gen is my fave.
got the older dvds, and the rare double soundtrack.
Matchbox and harmony Gold moc figures (still looking for Rook matchbox and a Lunk!)
megahouse cyclones are awesome (again they screwed us with no Rook!) :(
CM cyclones are great, even though a little smaller, but at least all the gang are made, even got the rare Cm casual figures :yess:
never got around to getting the larger cyclones of Rand and Scott, but didnt really want to knowing the others wouldnt be made.

Thats my quick robotech rant :dance

Oh a Robotech thread! never seen this in here!
Big Robotech fan. new gen is my fave.
got the older dvds, and the rare double soundtrack.
Matchbox and harmony Gold moc figures (still looking for Rook matchbox and a Lunk!)
megahouse cyclones are awesome (again they screwed us with no Rook!) :(
CM cyclones are great, even though a little smaller, but at least all the gang are made, even got the rare Cm casual figures :yess:
never got around to getting the larger cyclones of Rand and Scott, but didnt really want to knowing the others wouldnt be made.

Thats my quick robotech rant :dance

i would lose my mind if someone ever did proper 1/6 versions of any of the characters in the macross/robotech series!

who did it? and more importantly is it done well? in terms of high end.

Toynami did em, and they came in both the movie flightsuit, and the movie blue coveralls.
They look good but the heads are kinda big (movie accurate).
The one downside that drove me nuts is that the pilot suit figures feet did this weird angling thing which made it kinda difficult for them to stand on their own without an actual stand.
Best macross figures I've seen in 1/6. Probably the only ones as well.

Toynami did em, and they came in both the movie flightsuit, and the movie blue coveralls.
They look good but the heads are kinda big (movie accurate).
The one downside that drove me nuts is that the pilot suit figures feet did this weird angling thing which made it kinda difficult for them to stand on their own without an actual stand.
Best macross figures I've seen in 1/6. Probably the only ones as well.

crazy thing is, right after you said that, I found the ichijo (rick hunter) figure at a local comic shop. yeah was not impressed with it at all. definitely saw the whole giant head sculpt you mentioned. guy wanted a 100 for it, passed. so still hoping some miracle happens one day and we get a way better version! please. anyone.

Anyone know if there is a Toynami Masterpiece Cyclone Armor thread? I can’t seems to find one. I was hoping to get some feedback on the recent Sentinel Mospeada Climber version that is up for preorder. Looks exactly the same.

Just rewatched season 1 and 3 on Netflix and dragging my way through season 2 now. Never really liked the characters or robot designs of the Southern Cross.

Macross and New Generation were the best.

Yes they had greatest.
Veritechs sea 1-3
Battlepods
SDF
Invid
Z. Battleships
Z. Fighters.

Rick
Roy
Max
Scott
Gloval