Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

There would be no reason for one. One Alien could make eggs all by itself just using hosts and that mucus. The original idea that O'Bannon had was all the eggs on the ship represented hosts (of whatever species) that were made into Alien eggs by an Alien or Aliens. No queen. They reproduce themselves.

Since that part was cut out and not canon, it gave Cameron and Winston the opportunity to create how the Aliens come about. Their idea was a Queen that lays eggs.

You can't have it both ways. If Aliens can reproduce themselves there's no reason to have a queen.

Re: Prometheus SUPER Spoilers!

I was wondering about this too. It's from that painting or whatever..when Noomi says "The walls are changing".

66.jpg

Well spotted. It might be a form of Protoxeno.:dunno

No, because it's not "my" definition. When Fox lists the movies in the "Alien Franchise" it's

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

Not..

Alien (Director's cut) Aliens (Director's cut) Alien 3 (Director's cut) Alien: Resurrection.

And just to put it in perspective regarding Alien: The directors cut for that film contradicts Aliens (both the theatrical AND directors cut) because in that version the Alien(s) cover hosts in some weird mucus that transforms them into eggs i.e. no Alien Queen.

Where does Fox "officially" list the alien movies as you've listed them above? And your argument, correct me if I'm wrong, is that if the subtext "Director's cut" is not in the title featured in this official list, then the DC is not cannon because its technically not the version mentioned in Fox's list? ...Even if the DC was approved and released by the same studio that put out the original version of the film?
I understand your logic. Guess I just dont agree.
Oh well :duff

I know about the egg morph scene in the Alien DC. I wish it DID officially cancel out Cameron's queen, but it doesn't necessarily do that. (That's not to say I don't like Cameron's Aliens, I just like the morphing idea better than a giant insect hive with a queen.)

And just to put it in perspective regarding Alien: The directors cut for that film contradicts Aliens (both the theatrical AND directors cut) because in that version the Alien(s) cover hosts in some weird mucus that transforms them into eggs i.e. no Alien Queen.

According to Alien lore when there is only one creature it takes on the characteristics of a hunter and has the ability to create the eggs by way of that process.

And... I can't wait for Alien Begins to get to the US!

Going to the midnight premiere...IMAX 3D. I'm hoping I'm on the "loved it!" side of the fence.

your argument, correct me if I'm wrong, is that if the subtext "Director's cut" is not in the title featured in this official list, then the DC is not cannon because its technically not the version mentioned in Fox's list? ...Even if the DC was approved and released by the same studio that put out the original version of the film?

Director cuts, extended versions with cut/alternate scenes added in, etc. None of that is canon. It's strictly for the audience. It's a bonus that has nothing to do with franchise canon.

You're confusing bonus material/extras with canon.

The former is for fans. The latter is for writers/directors who make more movies in that franchise so there's a cohesive string of events, characters, etc.

I like the idea of both the queen and an ability of being able to use hosts to reproduce as a backup solution. Wouldn't be very advanced and adaptable race if death of a queen would be the end of the group or whole species at worst.

And since when does the studio get to decide what is canon and what's not? They generally just mess up things anyway. Oh, how I hope it was the studio who messed up Prometheus and we'll later see the real version released as directors cut.

To clear up the fore mentioned reproduction stuff, the xeno's have two methods of reproduction: transformation of host into an alien egg containing a facehugger (arguably to create a queen) or the capture of a host for the purposes of impregnation by eggs laid by an existing queen.

The alien is a machine of survival, ayer go it's plausible it has more than one method of survival. As survival can be defined as the prolonged existence of ones race.

To clear up the fore mentioned reproduction stuff, the xeno's have two methods of reproduction: transformation of host into an alien egg containing a facehugger (arguably to create a queen) or the capture of a host for the purposes of impregnation by eggs laid by an existing queen.

The alien is a machine of survival, ayer go it's plausible it has more than one method of survival. As survival can be defined as the prolonged existence of ones race.

:exactly::goodpost:

Perfect organism.

You agreeing or was that sarc?
Neither. Should have added a question mark.

I love the Queen. She has a nice ass and all, but I hate the fact that the aliens were basically turned into big space bugs. I love the designs, it's just the egg sac and the idea that they all have to rely on Queen bee, etc.

Whatever happened to "Perfect Organism"? Or, the incredibly original and terrifying things the Alien did?

Egg morphing is so damn creepy and sinister. So Giger. I love it.

That's the thing. The first Alien was all Giger. The way it looked, the way it acted, the awkwardly terrifying things it did.. I just feel that Cameron took ALL of that away with Aliens.

I love the Queen. She has a nice ass and all, but I hate the fact that the aliens were basically turned into big space bugs. I love the designs, it's just the egg sac and the idea that they all have to rely on Queen bee, etc.

Whatever happened to "Perfect Organism"? Or, the incredibly original and terrifying things the Alien did?

That's the thing. The first Alien was all Giger. The way it looked, the way it acted, the awkwardly terrifying things it did.. I just feel that Cameron took ALL of that away with Aliens.

I'm not.

While I like the Queen...I much prefer the egg-morphing concept.

:exactly::goodpost:

I love ALIENS more than Alien,
but I agree, Cameron turned the Aliens into Bees or Ants pretty much, but he pretty much had to, Who laid the eggs in the First alien? I have not seen Prometheus but in alien, there had to be something that laid the eggs in the first place,

Alien Directors cut was released in theaters. Therefore canon.

Id say if you edit it into the movie, its canon. Deleted scenes that stay, are not.

Why? Cuz Alien 3 Ac is awesome. And its the real version of the film. :D

I mean, if the Special ED version of star wars is canon, so are the Alien DC's.

I love ALIENS more than Alien,
but I agree, Cameron turned the Aliens into Bees or Ants pretty much, but he pretty much had to, Who laid the eggs in the First alien? I have not seen Prometheus but in alien, there had to be something that laid the eggs in the first place,
How do we know somthing even laid them? How do we know the SJ's didn't actually create each one of them? Or maybe they appeared in some other sick, twisted yet unique way.

"How did the eggs get there? Bugs lay eggs right? Big space bug, there we go."

There are so many possibilities.

Back