Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Prequel – Paradise – discussion thread.

Why would they be saying an 'earlier version of Bishop' as opposed to an 'earlier version of Ash'?

Does Ridley Scott acknowledge Aliens as a true follow up to his film? I've read him describing aliens as 'a shoot em up in space' or something to that effect...seemingly not very high praise.

Re: Official 3D ALIEN Prequel Discussion Thread

All the news sound great.
I would've actually liked DiCaprio in an Alien film, might bring in a big crowd.

Funny how its OK to like Dicaprio now. Circa 1996/7/8 you would have been called gey.

However I'm not sure he'd be right for an Alien film.

Actually, I've always liked DiCaprio...
The first movie I saw him in was Romeo and Juliet, and I loved that movie!

Latest name news - 'Paradise'

https://www.latinoreview.com/news/alien-prequel-gets-a-name-paradise-11929

The official name of the Ridley Scott’s Alien prequel will be “Paradise,” according to Vulture.

Vulture also stated, “’Paradise’ reboots the original ‘Alien’ franchise, in that the story follows a group of space travelers who encounter a monstrous alien creature that picks them off, one by one.”

As for the push back release dates for the two-part prequel to 2013 and 2014—it is not true.

Sources at Fox told Vulture that Scriptflags.com’s report was a misunderstanding about the efforts to cast Leonardo DiCaprio for the prequels.

“Initially, there was some talk at Scott Free of pushing back production to accommodate DiCaprio’s schedule, so that he could shoot Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar Hoover biopic back-to-back with Scott’s two part ‘Alien’ prequel,” wrote Vulture.

In addition, Vulture also mentioned that there was interest in actor Michael Fassbender to play “David,” an earlier version of Bishop’s android character. And actress Michelle Yeoh is being considered for “Vickers” part, a forty something, tough and sexy woman.

Other characters will include an older businessman and unnamed “Engineer 1,” which will be played by a six-foot-five-inch actor, but will be entirely CGI like Gollum in “The Lord of the Rings” film.

There is no official casting announcements at this time.

Wut.........

Sounds like bull____ to me. Honest to god, 100% bull____.

It's not confirmed. The title is not ____ing Paradise. That whole article smelled like full on bull____ to me.

Also, Space Jockey's arent 6 feet tall. So I dont know what the ____ a CGI Engineer is going to be, or why someone is doing that.

Leonardo DiCaprio and CGI...

The Alien franchise is officially _____*ed!

WHY CANT THEY JUST LEAVE THE ORIGINALS ALONE!?!?!?

Actually, Leo would IMPROVE the frachise. Most badass actor today....but the rest can suck my Space Jockey.

It's not confirmed. The title is not ____ing Paradise. That whole article smelled like full on bull____ to me.

Also, Space Jockey's arent 6 feet tall. So I dont know what the ____ a CGI Engineer is going to be, or why someone is doing that.

They did it with LOTR.

The guy that played Gollum wasn't that small, they just used his movements.

Maybe that's what they mean.

Well, Gollum wasnt human. And that character doesnt sound like anything other then a human....

I still dont believe it until Scott says it.

Apparently that Vulture article is bull**** according to the Official FOX twitter.

They are saying the movie is NOT a 2 parter, and that the title is NOT Paradise.

https://twitter.com/20thFoxCC

Called it.

However, the two parter thing has been known for quite sometime. Unless they recently changed it...

Wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!!!!

There is absolutely no ____ing point in trying to make an awesome movie mre awesome, the nfailing miserably and end up indebted to universal for $100mil.
Total waste of money.

^ All kinds of things wrong with your post.....and your first post at that. :(

Anybody hear the rumor that the Space Jockeys were supposed to be making human males do ____ stuff in the prequel, and that all the sites with that information got wiped by Fox?

I heard this second hand from my brother.

Sounds like bull____ to me. Honest to god, 100% bull____.

That's what I said when I read the script for Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars and guess wut...

Ridley Scott is a genious and only 2nd to James Cameron, but the prequel idea I'm not sold on. The whole aura alien presented was the mystery of the Space Jockey and the origin of the species. To better ressurect the franchices, the best interest would keep it in the same timeline as the first two, but add on to them. Almost essentially making a way far superior 3 and 4. Almost adding on to Aliens . We learned more about the life cycle and reproduction of the alien. with Ridley he can work that concept in and go into the Space jockey instead of going back to the beginning and taking away of how the ship got there and such
but I could be so far off, I am not the professional. He is. ALso, I rather him go into the Space jockey,itself, and not go into if the alien was created or not. I rather just leave that to the viewer and fans mind.

Back