Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official 3D ALIEN Prequel Discussion Thread

____ ____ ____ NO NOT ____ING EVER. This series is incredibly important to me. The Aliens and the Predators hold a special place in my heart. They are without a doubt my favorite things of all time. I will not just laugh at them being destroyed. ____ that ____. :monkey4

Well in that logic they've already been destroyed by the AVP movies, havent they? But I hear ya, I feel kinda that same way about Tranformers and Bayformers. I still watched the new movies, but a little piece of me died inside :monkey2
That's the one example when I get genuinely angry when people say they liked the movies. :gah:

i think this will either make or brake the franchise, i hope its not bad, the franchise has already taken a beating from the avp films :\, and i think that 3D films aren't that 3d anyway (well most of em)

As much as I love Alien, and indeed Ridley Scott, I really hope the prequels don't get made :(

Only if they really suck, I'd say. But with a prequel explaining what happened on that planet before the first film, there is so much potential to make it an awe-inspiring movie... as long as FOX doesn't screw around, I'm game.

Only if they really suck, I'd say. But with a prequel explaining what happened on that planet before the first film, there is so much potential to make it an awe-inspiring movie... as long as FOX doesn't screw around, I'm game.
Yeah, like you said, this prequel has so much potential considering what it's based on. It's like the Big Bang.. It's the most important moment in the Alien series. All the mysteries, unanswered questions, fears.. Everything will be unleashed, leaving an extraordinary space of fresh, new, mysteries, fears, and unanswered questions. Along with a new glorious glow for the Alien franchise.. The beacon shall shine brighter than ever before! STAND STRONG SIR RIDLEY!

I got too excited... :panic:

If this was being directed by anyone other then Riddles, I would not want it. But it's being made by it's maker pretty much....

l like not knowing. The mysteries of their origin is what's making them soo .... primal IMO.

lMO people want too many things "processed" .... and require others to "chew their food for them".
Same goes for the creatures. ln A1, it scared the crap out of me because my imagination was running wild. ln A-Re, pfft...... way too much was shown. l didn't get the feeling of fear ONCE!
lt has become more of an "Oooh look at THAT!" than an "OMG! What the F was THAT thing!?"

I miss those days :(

Well, we know too damn much about them, it's all they can do now.

I mean, we've seen every single part of the Alien, we know what they do, we know how they work...it'll be formlumatic if they keep this up. It's not like the Alien is even scary any more. Thanks to AvP, they're almost a joke. By doing something different, and unique...who knows.

Besides...it's Ridley Scott. The man is not a dumb person. He knows how to make it work. I have total faith in him.

l hope you're right. Hovever, l have to admit that my hopes and expectations have been hit hard after seeing their last 3 movies..... Scott's "Robinhood" left much to be desired too.

Heh. Well, Cameron told Scott to knock this ____ off. :lol

I forget the comment, but it was like "Get out of the wine country bull____ and do a sci fi movie."

Heh. Well, Cameron told Scott to knock this ____ off. :lol

I forget the comment, but it was like "Get out of the wine country bull____ and do a sci fi movie."

Well, that's comforting to know. :)
Still, at this point no one knows what will happen. l just reeeeeeeally hope FOX doesn't go "____ it" and get another director.

Fox forced Ridley to direct it. :lol

So....that would be silly on their part.

Fox forced Ridley to direct it. :lol

So....that would be silly on their part.

"FORCED"?
l'd like to see that!

FOX* "You agre gonna make it, and you are gonna like it!" >:C
Scott * sobs*

lol

Pretty much. :lol

Ridley was the producer, and had this guy he's "training" who was supposed to direct it (He was also merrying his daughter...:lol) and he was the director. Fox was like "We wont make this movie unless you do it."

and thats the story.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
l'm not sure l can say anything else at this point. :lol
Thanks for cheering me up. Now if only you could cure my insomnia ....

Well, i'm fighting with Eddy on the DC forum Joker Nurse thread...you could jump in that...:lol

Uh.... DC huh?
l think you stand a better chance with me on HIS side. :D
Sabotage anyone? ;)

Back