Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey if your happy to have the movie that fox wants ok. All I'm saying is don't tell me not to be pissed now about the possibility of Fox trashing this movie for a quick buck, which they have in the past.
News flash dude. All the aliens, and I mean aliens not AVP, have cost a lot of money at the time and it didn't make the films any better.

If your going to defend FOX now don't butch that it sucked later
That's all I'm saying.

I've had my say you've had your say.

I'm not saying your ignorant and I'm not ignorant to the fact that a studio has to make it's money back.
Are you going to say that if this film lives up to what it's being built up to that if they release an R rated movie it won't make it's money back. Of course it will.
Not to mention DVD sales they will make their money back and then some

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

I'm not saying your ignorant and I'm not ignorant to the fact that a studio has to make it's money back.
Are you going to say that if this film lives up to what it's being built up to that if they release an R rated movie it won't make it's money back. Of course it will.
Not to mention DVD sales they will make their money back and then some

By the way, it too The Thing years to make it's money back. So there you go.

Ok Celtic what are you saying

I'm saying, Ridley Scott is putting a lot of care into this movie. It's not cheap. It has the best cast in recent memory. It's not a by the books prequel. It's Ridley Scott.

Fox does not want to have a failure on their hands. In any way. They want to the movie to make money. THEY. This is a decision that was made well after pre-production.

If this was a cash grab, the amount of care, and money being put into the movie wouldnt be happening.

Yes. It will probably be cut down. But as long as the footage for an R-Rated movie exist, I fail to see the problem.

Movie does well, Alien is redeemed. Movie fails...well, bury that ____ing coffin already.

It still made the money back though.
Look if your fine with FOX releasing a watered down version of this to make their money back that's fine but its not fine with me. I do understand what your saying, but I don't agree. So we will have agree to disagree.
Now the fact is we won't know what we are going to get until we see it in the cinema. I'm sure that Ridley will give us a great movie either way. Alien if release now would easily be a pg-13 movie.
My problem is we should get it the way it was intended and I'm sure you feel the same.

The problem is WE should be able to see the full movie in cinemas and not have to wait for a DC.
That's where our opinions differ.
I don't want to wait for a DVD release to see the REAL Ridley Scott film

Alien would be R today. Point is...I have no control. I didnt have control back in 2004, I dont have control now.

And the thing is, if a movie doesnt make back it's money in it's original theatrical run, it's a flop. And it failed. No one wants that.

The problem is WE should be able to see the full movie in cinemas and not have to wait for a DC.
That's where our opinions differ.
I don't want to wait for a DVD release to see the REAL Ridley Scott film

Should, would, could, we're not. That's the problem. YOU. I. THEM FANS have NO say in this. Not one, single, little, tiny bit.

Should, would, could, we're not. That's the problem. YOU. I. THEM FANS have NO say in this. Not one, single, little, tiny bit.

Exactly I agree totally.
It just pissed me off that's all lol.
I'm just very passionate about franchise as well all are.
It's just you hear so much good stuff about this film from quotes or what ever and then it just suck to hear that fox is going to potentially rape this franchise again.
Just makes me angry and disappointed.

But like I said we still don't know ____ really about this film so all this could be just a waste of typing lol

Let's hope that it is and let's hope we get some better news about this very soon .

To answer my own question YES it smashed it.
Now if Prometheus is going to be as good as alien or better.
It does not need to cater to a teen audience at all and will easily make it's money back.

There is an 'edit' button you know?

All sounds ok to me so far. Exactly what I expected to happen really.
I trust Ridley and if he's being forced into giving a PG13 cinema release but puts everything he personally wanted to on the final disc that's fine with me.

But I have to scroll longer since you have a bunch of crap posts in a row instead of just one.

But I have to scroll longer since you have a bunch of crap posts in a row instead of just one.

____ing deal with it. This is a discussion thread me and Celtic were having a discussion.
Sorry if that inconveniences you.
Oh I have to scroll down boohoo

____ing deal with it.

I will.
emotsmug.gif

Anyways... I was hoping for an R rated release, but still really looking forward to this movie. Sounds like it's bringing back the look, feel and horror of the first Alien film.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a "Director's Cut" video release.

Last edited:
I will.
emotsmug.gif

Anyways... I was hoping for an R rated release, but still really looking forward to this movie. Sounds like it's bringing back the 'alien-ness' and horror of the first Alien.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a "Director's Cut" video release.

Man me too. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to piss anyone off or bring this thread down. Like I said in a previous post I'm just a passionate fan.
Like I said there is no reason it can't be released as an r rating. It will make it's money back. If this is going to be as good as alien there is no reason for fox to play it safe or what ever excuse theyre using to shift the fact that they only interested in the money.
And sitting in a movie theatre with teens sucks.

Back