Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All fun and games sir.
tumblr_mbv4ev2JaJ1rnvm38.gif

thats like someone being dumb enough to call a house and a ship the 'exact" same thing, after all both are made of wood, right?

You still don't get it. Follow along:

House/Ship = Wood (your example)

Does fire burn wood? Yes. So would fire burn/destroy a House AND a Ship in a similar manner? Yeah, right?

Ok.. Now remember the original topic of discussion.

You'd have to know how his body dealt with 'toxins' before assuming anything was toxic to him. :dunno

:confused:

Space Jockey's have an exact DNA match to humans (according to the movie). So no need to assume anything. If something is toxic to us then it's toxic to them.

If we have a DNA match (which means humans and Space Jockey's share enough important traits in our genes to determine that we're one in the same) then whatever effects us, effects them.

Has nothing to do with appearances because that's the result of evolution. Obviously Space Jockey's look different because they're not from Earth, just like Humans would look different after several years of evolution on another planet. Doesn't mean they're no longer Human and suddenly immune to the ills we all face.

Negative Ghost Rider, devil just got on, time to get this thread going again. :lol

Stalker. :lol:lol:lol

I would suggest you do that, because their DNA is "Close" but it isn't a "Match" like in Prometheus. Wanna try again? Pick another animal.. this is fun.

I would suggest you do that, because their DNA is "Close" but it isn't a "Match" like in Prometheus. Wanna try again? Pick another animal.. this is fun.

DNA match means "close" numbnuts. Not exact or 100% like you stated earlier. :wave
So sorry, you dropped out of school before 6th grade bio.

@Devil

So you're saying that their physical traits can evolve and adapt while still sharing the same percentage of DNA as us, but their ability to endure specific toxins in the atmosphere can't? What? Why? How?

I think now would be a good time to step in and say that none of you seem to understand DNA testing and what it tells you. Devil is much closer than the rest of you though.

I think now would be a good time to step in and say that none of you seem to understand DNA testing and what it tells you. Devil is much closer than the rest of you though.

This is a perfect time. Please explain how we are a 100% match to an alien species even theoretically. Then explain how our celullar structure is so similar that they must have identical breathing to us, but their cellular DNA reproduces for thousands of years because its just like ours.

Like I said. You don't even know what DNA matching tells you because it's literally nothing you just asked me.

Well, I do know that human DNA is not a 100% match amongst ourselves. I do know at one point they believed that any differences between identical twins was environmental factors effecting DNA, but that is widely know to be false with current technology and that a 100% match would constitute a genetic clone. (ie. somethign you see with Clone troopers in Star Wars or Alice in resident Evil)

I also know that the two merged pics in "prometheus" are not identical before they're merged, you can see different sequencing and gaps in the codes, so please fill me in. Dazzle me.

DNA match means "close" numbnuts. Not exact or 100% like you stated earlier. :wave

:slap

Follow along shortbus.

Match = 100%.
Partial Match = Less than 100%
No Match = 0%

3 possible outcomes. Pretty simple.

So you're saying that their physical traits can evolve and adapt while still sharing the same percentage of DNA as us, but their ability to endure specific toxins in the atmosphere can't? What? Why? How?

Because that requires conjecture and theory to jump to that conclusion. The information we're given in the movie is their DNA matches ours, they breathe oxygen just like us and they wear protective suits just like humans outside of Earth. That's it.

Last edited:
:slap

Follow along shortbus.

Match = 100%.
Partial Match = Less than 100%
No Match = 0%

3 possible outcomes. Pretty simple.

Because that requires conjecture and theory to jump to that conclusion. The information we're given in the movie is their DNA matches ours, they breathe oxygen just like us and they wear protective suits just like humans outside of Earth. That's it.

The only thing you got right is you make a huge jump to a conclusion.
There is no 100% match in DNA. Thats crap you made up when you saw you were wrong, because you originally claimed the movie said "100% match"
Wrong then and still wrong. the difference is, whether the aliens could breathe or not for longer periods of time is make believe unless Ridley says yes or no. You were right, that is conjecture.

But...

You saying you saw the screen say "100% match" still makes you a wrong.It just says DNA match :lol

You saying that match in DNA means 100% is wrong. Google it, *****! Oh yeah, you hate to be wrong.

Goodnight, have fun googling, but you won't find any reputable site that says otherwise.

The only thing a DNA match would tell you in this particular example is if you shared a common ancestor.

And that proves their respiration is identical to ours how??? because they have the same metabolism as ours thats why Khev said they live for what like 10k years? Sounds like matching physiology to me.

Back