Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he's not convincing as real anyway. straight out of stupid avengers movies, just way ahead of time, which doesn't make it any less dumb, but guilty for all those stupid ironmeh/shame black effects.

There P. goes. There P. goes again. Racing through my brain. And I just can't contain. This feelin' that remains. There P. blows. There P. blows again. Pulsing through my vein. And I just can't contain. This feelin' that remains. There P. goes, there P. goes again.

So to get back on topic. I’m quite happy to finally be getting John Connor after so many years.

It’s been what, 10 years since the line debuted when it was just variations of the same T-800 buck?

D0755603-B22C-4B08-8382-AC426431F546.jpeg
9BDF05E6-CB7C-46E8-9584-AEF2CD0B50C6.jpeg

Time flies. When those Toy Fair pics debuted 10 years ago, that was the most excited I’ve been for Terminator merchandise, ever.

To finally have ultimate, super articulated and detailed renditions of the Terminator, John Connor, Sarah Connor and the T-1000 is quite exciting. I’d be cool if it ends there.

Agreed with all but your last sentence. I really want a Cleaved Man T-1000 and a NECA version of Pretzel Man T-1000 (although my NECA/McFarlane hybrid is pretty cool) and I'd also love a Pescadero/Chets autoparts jacket Sarah Connor. Then there's probably ways they could get me to rebuy most of the same ***t over again - skintone plastic, new headsculpts, new accessories, new articulation points.

But the other stuff you said, yeah. Even Hot Toys coming along with their stuff soon after didn't dull my excitement for NECA's line. That was a fantastic day in 2009.

I once thought as you did, but as I get older, I’m finding less is more.

One day I looked and I suddenly had all these versions of the same character, sometimes 10 times over. Most of which were the same exact figure with the only key difference being a head or accessory swap. It became too compulsive and an actual burden when it came time to grow out of it and sell/get rid of them. I’m happy to finally have a John Connor. Would I get grotesque, inhuman, creature variations of T-1000, sure I’d love that. But the main look of T-1000 has been done and we finally have John Connor to go with the other three key characters with a nice bike to boot.

I can respect that. I have a nightmare on my hands here.

I was once going to sell off a lot of my NECA stuff but I went back on it and am in balls deep as ever. Overall my toy collection is incomprehensibly large - that's not a boast, it wouldn't be given the sentiments you've just expressed - 25 years of this.

Last edited:
I once thought as you did, but as I get older, I’m finding less is more.

One day I looked and I suddenly had all these versions of the same character, sometimes 10 times over. Most of which were the same exact figure with the only key difference being a head or accessory swap. It became too compulsive and an actual burden when it came time to grow out of it and sell/get rid of them. I’m happy to finally have a John Connor. Would I get grotesque, inhuman, creature variations of T-1000, sure I’d love that. But the main look of T-1000 has been done and we finally have John Connor to go with the other three key characters with a nice bike to boot.

Same for me, when I built my Terminator collections, I wasn’t close to a final home and display space and I had huge illusions of what I might do. Now I am and in that reality, I’ve cut back, I still have most, but I’ve parted with Biker T-1000 and Man or Machine T-800, trying to capture the overall essence of what I love in each film without cluttering. I feel like my collection differs from a lot of people I see online, most people seem to collect a single property or a single brand of product, my collection spans many properties and manufacturers and to do classy displays where I can really appreciate my pieces entails some minimalism.

Randy just said on Twitter that he would consider rereleasing the Precinct Assault and Tech Noir Terminator Ultimates.

Don't think I need any more of those. In any case it'd be useless to me if they're only being rereleased within the borders of USA as seems to be the case with the Ultimate T2 Uncle Bob.

Other discussion I see happening on twitter has been about the Fatboy and the absence of the Public Enemy logo on John's T-shirt. Apparently they did talk to Harley Davidson regarding the fatboy but they

wouldn't allow it

and also no substitute without logos is possible -

Would have to be a different cycle altogether since they own the TM on the design, body, shape etc
If we can’t do it the right way we won’t do it

And regarding the Public Enemy T-shirt

we tried to get PE on board but they wanted to get paid

The hope was seemingly that Public Enemy wouldn't require a fee and be content with -

Free advertising and promotion and the idea that it looks cool for the figure to be wearing it. 🤔

Just explaining why it’s not on there. Costs enough to make limited collector toys to begin with. We can’t pay them on top of the other costs involved in bringing these collectibles to you affordably.

Fair enough.

.And regarding the Public Enemy T-shirt

we tried to get PE on board but they wanted to get paid

The hope was seemingly that Public Enemy wouldn't require a fee and be content with -

Free advertising and promotion and the idea that it looks cool for the figure to be wearing it. ��

Rappers want to get paid? Shocking. :lol

It's strange because they don't even need to use the full logo, since only a few letters are visible. Can't they write on the shirt something else, but with the exposed letters matching what's visible when John wears the military shirt over the PE black shirt?

Maybe they thought of it and it's not possible either? I find it hard to believe. It's just some letters. You can't own that, right?

The way they made it only a few letters would be visible but maybe they were going to make it a different way if Public Enemy had allowed them to freely use the logo.

No rights - the figure we're getting, camo shirt sculpted together with the T-shirt
With rights - camo shirt and T-shirt sculpted entirely separate so the full logo could be used

Anybody interested in that upcoming 1/12 T2 from that third party company :dunno

I've got a preorder for it, there's a new video review in the thread for it. I actually don't have any NECA T2 figures; so looking forward to getting one finally!

Back