Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting that. I like the insert where Arnold first grabs John off the bike but man, that cartoony paste job of Arnold's face onto Peter Kent for the extended "slow motion" jump into the canal was totally obvious and quite bad. I'd have rather they just left Kent alone for that one (and I always thought that he looked cool and close enough to Arnold in that scene anyway.) Now it just gives what was a legit on-camera stunt a level of phoniness that totally undermines what they pulled off in the first place IMO.

Oh well.

I thought that looked OK in motion but after your post I looked at it again and paused it and, yeah, it did suddenly look very photoshopped on.

What I also thought however was what a cool sequence that whole chase is.

First time i’m seeing those fixes.

Like Khev said the jump is freaking horrible the face has that cgi floating thing going on it moves weird lol

The grab is better but had it been just a second longer it would’ve looked just as bad it cuts away just in time before the weird cgi movement starts.

Oh for christs sake I just had too...

AE6F00D5-2444-4C40-8AC2-756973C4B230.jpeg

Thanks Vector see what you went and did I couldn’t rest until that itch was scratched lol

Last edited:
:lol I never had a problem with the stunt men because it wasn't that obvious on VHS. The only one that looked kind of weird was the JCVD guy, but the jump always looked good to me.

I wasn’t going to get the John, but I like they included his dirt bike ..so now it’s a must

Hopefully it will have his “ Easy Money “ computer device :lol

I'll do what I did with Sarah, get two. Which was facilitated merely because I managed to get an extra for cheap at Hastings when they closed. That way if I ever expand my display beyond the single shelf, that will cover me.

I would love to see them redo all four main characters in the skintone plastic and print tech. I'm honestly surprised that hasn't happened yet.

First time i’m seeing those fixes.

Like Khev said the jump is freaking horrible the face has that cgi floating thing going on it moves weird lol

The grab is better but had it been just a second longer it would’ve looked just as bad it cuts away just in time before the weird cgi movement starts.

Oh for christs sake I just had too...

View attachment 438838

Literally laughing out loud!! :lol

But man, that freaking jump, it was literally one of the coolest stunts in the movie and it will always be tainted now. Just the way that they lowered the bike in real time but slowed down the audio in order to simulate slow-motion, even knowing the trick it still totally works! But I just can't unsee that freaking floating photoshopped head now. What the hell Cameron.

Literally laughing out loud!! :lol

But man, that freaking jump, it was literally one of the coolest stunts in the movie and it will always be tainted now. Just the way that they lowered the bike in real time but slowed down the audio in order to simulate slow-motion, even knowing the trick it still totally works! But I just can't unsee that freaking floating photoshopped head now. What the hell Cameron.

Funny enough I never bought the 3D import nor the 4K domestic release because of the horrible transfer.

Fine by me I don’t want those fixes.

Meh, I still don't mind them. Another fix was making sure the windshield of the T-1000's truck stays in place when it crash lands into the canal which it doesn't in the original cut and yet reappears moments later.

4K, home video and YouTube clips were a mistake.

If I had my way, I’d get rid of youtube, eliminate things like Netflix and seize everyone’s Blu Ray/DVD/Home entertainment systems. The only way a film should be seen is after it’s release is in theaters on the big screen during a special, limited edition engagement. The ability to rewind, fast forward, and ultimately pause to scrutinize every detail was not what was intended.

No, CGI is fine as long as it’s used sparingly as simply a tool to help tell a story.

Without CGI, the T-1000 wouldn’t be as convincing or feel as real.

Without CGI, the T-1000 wouldn’t be as convincing or feel as real.
he's not convincing as real anyway. straight out of stupid avengers movies, just way ahead of time, which doesn't make it any less dumb, but guilty for all those stupid ironmeh/shame black effects.

Back