Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have liked that aswell for customising potential (T1 eye surgery figure specifically) but I bet the reason they haven't done it is because if these are the Dutch arms then the other arm wears a wristwatch.

Well, if they wanted to be truly authentic to the original, the arm was solid with that stick that came out of the middle of his fist like a Wolverine claw, that would have been cool if they did it.

No John among those Kenner figure preorders. Could he be coming in a new, full Terminator movie wave?

If he's an Ultimate figure he won't necessarily come out in a wave. So who knows.

Decision time on those Kenner figures. If I buy those it'll be as much about the packaging as the figure so I might upgrade to 'collector grade' on BBTS - I've actually never done that before. Thing is will that extra cost get me hit by customs...quite possibly. :slap

If he's an Ultimate figure he won't necessarily come out in a wave. So who knows.

Decision time on those Kenner figures. If I buy those it'll be as much about the packaging as the figure so I might upgrade to 'collector grade' on BBTS - I've actually never done that before. Thing is will that extra cost get me hit by customs...quite possibly. :slap

I ordered some of the DCC Arkham figures from BBTS with the collector grade option, and I was amazed with the condition they arrived in. The plastic clamshell boxes didn’t have a single scratch on them.

I like the Kenner Power Arm T-800, but I think it's lazy that the regular left arm wasn't included.

IMG_0073.JPG

hah my little brother had most of the figs in that line I loved the 800 series endo with the twist to release punch action and light piped red eyes

I like the Kenner Power Arm T-800, but I think it's lazy that the regular left arm wasn't included.

View attachment 420144

That figure used to piss me off as a kid. In some ways it was so accurate to the movie, but it always bothered me that he had a sleeveless jacket and a purple shirt. All I wanted was a sunglasses version with a shotgun, but nope, the only figure in the line that was close to that was wearing a black vest instead of a jacket and it came with a minigun. :slap

I'm not sure if I'll get the neca power arm version. It's nostalgic, but....not in a good way for me. :lol

It's OK now that we actually have proper movie versions but back then yeah, it pissed me off too. Their expectations of their target audience's expectations were flawed IMO. I would have always chosen something that looked like the movie over a gimmick. I only tolerated the gimmicky stuff in the absence of accurate figures.

Put an order in on BBTS for this wave today. Haven't preordered anything since last year. I can always cancel if I need to. These are nifty but not absolutely essential to me. John Connor will be where it's really at.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ERTL-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-2002-FATBOY-SERIES-1-SCALE-1-10-MIB-American-Muscle-/352164639043

The only one in black for sale on eBay at the moment. These things do pop up every once in a while so set an alert.

I ended up buying one of these recently even though I already have the Maisto. I liked that this one had the red stripes and the Harley logo looks a slightly more accurate colour than the particular Maisto I have. Unfortunately that's where the accuracy improvements end - the engine and exhaust configurations are not the same as the movie bike. Also the speedometer piece is in black when it should be chrome. So I was a tad disappointed by these things.

However the quality is certainly a bit better than the Maisto. More diecast was used giving it a more substantial feel and the chrome looks much nicer - the chrome parts of the Maisto have a toyish look to them like the Hot Toys 1:4 Endoskeleton.

ERTL 2002 bike
IMG_7383.JPG

Maisto 1999 bike
IMG_7386.JPG

Movie bike for reference
b4e7a5b6a6d017a4_800x800ar.jpg

^thought that'd be a bigger picture

ERTL
IMG_7394.JPG

Maisto
IMG_7395.JPG

The headlight is more accurate on the Maisto aswell I think
IMG_7397.JPG

Still haven't taken the side lights off the back of the ERTL
IMG_7400.JPG

Anywho, we're in September now. Hopefully we'll get a full reveal of John Connor soon.

Last edited:
I know I said the ERTL is higher quality but it's a bit of a tradeoff because it isn't as accurate to the movie bike in the physical details as the Maisto one is. And even at that before getting the ERTL I was quite happy with the quality of the Maisto - preferred it over my 1:6 Tamiya in fact :lol

So I do highly recommend the Maisto.

I bumped into my Terminator shelves while packing up a box and my Tech Noir and Cyberdyne showdown with gatling gun took an 8 foot shelf dive and in slow motion I watched as the shoulder chain broke into little pieces as Tech Noir slid across the floor and the Cyberdyne boot went spinning across the floor. :gah:

Ughhhh I am soooo depressed right now lol

I never put any of my figures up on shelves where they can fall down to the floor and break. It's a lesson I learned long ago. My figures are either all in detolf cabinets, display cubes, or packed up.

I don't understand why there's so much hate against T3 or T4 movies. I was cleaning up my Terminator shelf yesterday and boy, all T3 McFarlane still look amazing. They didn't even have the likeness rights at the time and Arnie looks better than most HT attempts. The proportions, the details, the paint, they're all there. The stands alone were a work of art. Both TX are really good, especially the endoskeleton. TBH I'm not sure NECA is capable to replicate that level of quality today. So at least from toyability perspective, WHY Neca is so determined to avoid the two? Whatever we considered in the past as bad movie releases, might look superb compared to anything they put out nowadays. They proved so with all major licenses.

I think they're avoiding them because apparently even the classic Terminator films don't sell as well as Predator and Alien and thus T3 and T4 would be a further step down.

Now where's my John Connor official reveal?

I don't understand why there's so much hate against T3 or T4 movies. I was cleaning up my Terminator shelf yesterday and boy, all T3 McFarlane still look amazing. They didn't even have the likeness rights at the time and Arnie looks better than most HT attempts. The proportions, the details, the paint, they're all there. The stands alone were a work of art. Both TX are really good, especially the endoskeleton. TBH I'm not sure NECA is capable to replicate that level of quality today. So at least from toyability perspective, WHY Neca is so determined to avoid the two? Whatever we considered in the past as bad movie releases, might look superb compared to anything they put out nowadays. They proved so with all major licenses.

Todd didn't have Arnie's rights for Movie Maniacs 4 T-800, but got them for T3.

Last edited:
Back