Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a few paint fix ups/battle damage to the Carl.

I found Carl's eyes and eyebrows to be a bit wonky, and I love my Terminators damaged. I loved the figure out of the box but it needed some extra oomph. Also greyed out the jacket a little bit (so it's not so aggressively chocolate brown) and darkened the boots and weathered the pants and weapons. I made the glasses removable and just made the glasses head the default undamaged head (had to sculpt the hair back in a bit, and repaint the face).

View attachment 476680

View attachment 476681

View attachment 476682

View attachment 476683

View attachment 476684

View attachment 476685

I've since added a bit more grey to his beard and hair and it looks a lot better, along with some added blood damage, but I'll post more updated pics with my modified Sarah when I get around to it.

Attachments

• DSC-0476.jpg
    DSC-0476.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC-0473.jpg
    DSC-0473.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC-0446.jpg
    DSC-0446.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC-0433.jpg
    DSC-0433.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC-0428.jpg
    DSC-0428.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC-0420.jpg
    DSC-0420.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 131
Fantastic work. Nice paintjob on the T2 aswell.

And yeah the guns, although made of a plastic that thankfully doesn't get warped by the packaging, are really plain - no weathering at all.

Nice. You need a Tech Noir in there I see. Keep an eye out for a rerelease, I think it's one Randy recently said they were putting back out.

Nice. You need a Tech Noir in there I see. Keep an eye out for a rerelease, I think it's one Randy recently said they were putting back out.

Had it and sold it off for space considerations, also sold off my SDCC liquid metal T-1000 and the biker cop T-1000 and Steel Mill T-800. This display is tight as is, so i carved it down to the looks that really captured what I liked from each film.

Space is to limited even for NECA figures?

Yes, I have a lot of figures in my collection, 3 shelf units with 5 shelves each full. I also don't like cluttered displays where you can't really see half of what's on the shelf. And I still don't have everything out.

My collection is made up of

Terminator
JAWS
Godzilla
Pirates of the Caribbean
Rambo
Halloween
Incredible Hulk
Star Wars
Jurassic Park
Ninja Turtles
Power Rangers
Men In black
Predator
Rocky
X-Files
Scarface
Public Enemies
Wolverine

Everything that I really enjoy.

Nice. There's just a little bit of bleed of the hair paint onto his forehead though if I'm to be OCD about it :monkey3

On a different subject I want to ask - those of you who are openers - what do you do with the boxes? Be it the Ultimates-style boxes or the clamshells with the art inserts.

I'm conducting a purge of the attic and could really do with throwing out a ***t-tonne of boxes. If I ever did try to sell figures how much, if anything, would an opened (cut open in the case of clamshells) box add to the resale value of a NECA figure? I'm thinking probably not enough to justify what they'd add to the shipping costs....

Last edited:
Every collectible I buy, I do so with the intent to keep it forever, any selling is done out of either some need for money or needing to thin my collection and at that point, I take what I can get, so with that, I never keep boxes unless it's something fragile where transport would be best with the extra protection, otherwise I toss them all. I used to hold onto things for the nostalgia of looking at the package, but most companies end up posting in package pics now so I can just save some images on a drive rather than take up storage on boxes.

As for the bleed, yeah it needs some touch ups, this was actually the sunglasses head with the glasses removed, I may redo my other head as well to do an even better job. It just really changes the figure for the better to look like he did in the movie.

Everyone collects differently, I work with a guy who is mint in box only, never takes anything out, I couldn’t. Many times, figures are posed to keep package size down, not necessarily show off the figure we’ll, I like to have them out, pick the poses, appreciate all the work put into them, all of it.

Nice work, it’s really as important as any sculpt detail, it’s how he looked in the movie, without it he looks like some made up version.

Nice. There's just a little bit of bleed of the hair paint onto his forehead though if I'm to be OCD about it :monkey3

On a different subject I want to ask - those of you who are openers - what do you do with the boxes? Be it the Ultimates-style boxes or the clamshells with the art inserts.

I'm conducting a purge of the attic and could really do with throwing out a ***t-tonne of boxes. If I ever did try to sell figures how much, if anything, would an opened (cut open in the case of clamshells) box add to the resale value of a NECA figure? I'm thinking probably not enough to justify what they'd add to the shipping costs....

I honestly don't see figures and toys as having much resale value - the future is too uncertain for most people to be bothered (No pun intended. :wink1:) I would generally toss the packaging - especially NECA's. Aside from some specialty figures, most of their movie lines have pretty crappy-looking packaging if you ask me. And you're right - the amount of space all that plastic and cardboard take up is just ridiculous. For not the first time, I find myself wishing I could be a movie fan without needing physical representations of all the films I love scattered around me. It's nuts.

Every collectible I buy, I do so with the intent to keep it forever, any selling is done out of either some need for money or needing to thin my collection and at that point, I take what I can get, so with that, I never keep boxes unless it's something fragile where transport would be best with the extra protection, otherwise I toss them all. I used to hold onto things for the nostalgia of looking at the package, but most companies end up posting in package pics now so I can just save some images on a drive rather than take up storage on boxes.

Very well put. :goodpost:

I don't know about for NECA, but for other stuff, I keep all the boxes/inserts/everything. I have the room now so it's not a huge deal, but when I've re-sold stuff, even the things I never thought I would the boxes definitely help IMO. It's a different experience for a buyer to get everything in a zip lock bag over re-packed in the box like it came from the factory.

Thanks Joda and dukefett. I will keep Hot Toys boxes for sure but NECA boxes will be looked at for throwing out. If a box couldn't be opened without causing irreversible damage there seems no point keeping that type of empty box. I'll probably keep inserts and cardbacks while binning the clamshells and blisters (my programming just might not permit me to get rid of literally everything).

Ultimate-style boxes, some window boxes and boxes for deluxe items like the Alien Queen are a different story. Even when I have multiples (of the same figure) I have a problem throwing out something that appears to be in great condition - those can be opened by merely cutting the celotape. So I don't quite know what I'll do there. It depends on how much space I've created by throwing out the other stuff.

edit - I feel like Difabio will read this and post 'No. Throw it all out a-dev. It's worthless. And get rid of your figures too' :lol

Last edited:
Back