Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a liquid terminator would just pour itself into a mechanical terminator and destroy its eyes, wires and chips from within in a matter of minutes, leaving it at least helpless if not entirely nonfunctional, so everything since T2 (included) is fake suspence anyway.
i just watched Short Circuit for the first time in my life, a robot disabled another robot by simply shutting it down (on purpose, by knowing how to do it, which should obviously be the same for terminators) instead of ripping off his feet, arms, head, whatever stupid pseudoterminators did.

I am planning a small repaint on Carl, not because the paint is applied bad, but for some reason, they made his hair on the top of his head and most of his beard brown, so he doesn’t fully look like Carl, more like he’d look halfway between the opening of the movie and when we see him later, not sure why, if NECA thought an older looking figure wouldn’t sell, license holder wouldn’t approve it, but I want him to look like he does, so adding white to the beard and grey to the top of his head. I don’t mind small touch ups, like with my BD Pops from Genisys I added blood to the damage to look more like the previous movies, his damage was too clean and fake looking in Genisys.

a liquid terminator would just pour itself into a mechanical terminator and destroy its eyes, wires and chips from within in a matter of minutes, leaving it at least helpless if not entirely nonfunctional, so everything since T2 (included) is fake suspence anyway.
i just watched Short Circuit for the first time in my life, a robot disabled another robot by simply shutting it down (on purpose, by knowing how to do it, which should obviously be the same for terminators) instead of ripping off his feet, arms, head, whatever stupid pseudoterminators did.

Even Genisys proved that by having its T-1000 able to re-activate and repower a T-800 with a drop of itself. So yeah it makes sense it should also be able to shut one down. Still, I'm going to ignore this

3mhymy.jpg

Ignoring everything post T2, (because, why shouldn't we?) the T-1000 didn't even attempt to reprogram/revive or "pour itself into" anything and destroy it from within. Given that we know that the T-1000 wasn't beholden to any rules as to what it was or wasn't allowed to do to achieve its goal, we have to assume that the reason he didn't try those things is because he knew he couldn't.

it just shows how dumb it was (because of the hero/evil plot balance, of course), beating T-800 with things instead of just enveloping T-800's head into a blob (like it did with T-800's arm when it turned its own head into arms) and at least destroying its visual and audial sensors (instead of the arm, again).
so actually it did almost what i'm talking about, so it could at least try what a robot should try with another robot - disable its sensors if you cannot disable its chassis.

You know what else was dumb. Why the T-800 never just shot Sarah Connor in the face. It hesitated too long at Tech Noir. Sarah is right there and he lets Kyle Reese distract him instead of just blowing Sarah’s brains out.

Same thing during the chase at the end. He’s so stupid he shoots Sarah’s reflection in the truck mirror instead of shooting her in the head.

I was shocked just how much Arnold sculpt was off it looked nothing like him.

Linda was closer in resemblance but in toy form her wrinkled older look was rather off putting to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's the painting of the eyes that's throwing it for you. I wouldn't even call it a bad paintjob...just maybe the wrong paintjob, I dunno. When I'm used to Hot Toys fatheads/shortheads/afroheads and I see a sculpt that doesn't have those issues I tend to think it's good.

I think the Sarah and T-800 Dark Fate sculpts/paint are excellent. Actually it might be some of Necas best work. The only real issue I had was that Arnolds beard was grey in the film not brown, but that's a relatively simple fix.

You know what else was dumb. Why the T-800 never just shot Sarah Connor in the face. It hesitated too long at Tech Noir. Sarah is right there and he lets Kyle Reese distract him instead of just blowing Sarah’s brains out.

Same thing during the chase at the end. He’s so stupid he shoots Sarah’s reflection in the truck mirror instead of shooting her in the head.
or he destroyed the mirror to stop Sarah looking at him and adjusting her position on the road. actually very close to what i said T-1000 could and should try to do with T-800. and he didn't have any hurry to kill the last Connor that time, not knowing she got a protector, so two more seconds in slo-mo is nowhere near T-1000's dumbness and disability to use its advantages in every encounter.
but you're just trying to mirror what you didn't like in my post, knowing it was true.

I think it's the painting of the eyes that's throwing it for you. I wouldn't even call it a bad paintjob...just maybe the wrong paintjob, I dunno. When I'm used to Hot Toys fatheads/shortheads/afroheads and I see a sculpt that doesn't have those issues I tend to think it's good.

Yeah it was probably the paint not sculpt I was in a rush my wife was pushing me towards the pots and pans aisle :gah:

I was shocked just how much Arnold sculpt was off it looked nothing like him.

Linda was closer in resemblance but in toy form her wrinkled older look was rather off putting to me.

These are the raw sculpts from Trevor Grove.

62350784_2403325196398799_5226507795121045504_n.jpg

I think the sculpt work is there, if anything, it's paint throwing it off, and paint work is as key to likeness, I've seen really good sculpts ruined by poor paint. I don't think the NECA paint ruins the sculpt, but something with the eyes, from certain angles and lighting, does look less like Arnold than it could, it's hard to describe, but I've seen it myself.

I think the Sarah and T-800 Dark Fate sculpts/paint are excellent. Actually it might be some of Necas best work. The only real issue I had was that Arnolds beard was grey in the film not brown, but that's a relatively simple fix.

Agreed, the current paint, while well applied, makes him look to young.

These are the raw sculpts from Trevor Grove.

62350784_2403325196398799_5226507795121045504_n.jpg

I think the sculpt work is there, if anything, it's paint throwing it off, and paint work is as key to likeness, I've seen really good sculpts ruined by poor paint. I don't think the NECA paint ruins the sculpt, but something with the eyes, from certain angles and lighting, does look less like Arnold than it could, it's hard to describe, but I've seen it myself.

Agreed, the current paint, while well applied, makes him look to young.

Yeah the eyes were the first things I noticed being very not Arnold.

He looked a little retarded.

5B4BCC0E-9604-41D5-A814-40E3A1A0EB54.jpeg

Looking at this shot I took before I repaint, I think it’s the thick line on the upper eyelid making it look odd, almost looks a little like the mayor from the Dark Knight movies.

That might be it. Like he's wearing eye shadow when any shadow above the eyes should have been created naturally by the sculpt and lighting.

It’s not something they did on past Terminators for the most part and if they did it didn’t come off the same. That combined with the beard colors being wrong and it can look off at a glance.

Looking at the raw sculpt it's hard to see how it could be better and the figure in-hand looks great from any other angle. I think the body might be somewhat idealized though, a little bit too slim for old man Arnie.

I don't mind the body, though it's definitely more idealized, it has Arnie's overall size and shape enough where it works, just need the head to look older, it looks like an Arnold figure right now, not Dark Fate Carl.

Back