Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a few paint fix ups/battle damage to the Carl.

I found Carl's eyes and eyebrows to be a bit wonky, and I love my Terminators damaged. I loved the figure out of the box but it needed some extra oomph. Also greyed out the jacket a little bit (so it's not so aggressively chocolate brown) and darkened the boots and weathered the pants and weapons. I made the glasses removable and just made the glasses head the default undamaged head (had to sculpt the hair back in a bit, and repaint the face).

View attachment 476680

View attachment 476681

View attachment 476682

View attachment 476683

View attachment 476684

View attachment 476685

I've since added a bit more grey to his beard and hair and it looks a lot better, along with some added blood damage, but I'll post more updated pics with my modified Sarah when I get around to it.

Dude that battle damage is awesome, that should have been one of the official interchangeable heads! :D

20200130_192015.jpg

20200130_194116.jpg

20200130_200825.jpg

Could only upload these horizontal shots as when I upload my vertical shots they appear sideways on here. So annoying! Much better pics I took horizontally.

1/12? Literally any other scale would've been better. :lol

1/10, 1/6, 1/4....

Most 1/2 dios work fine with NECA though, real problem is the price, I get why, but that's a lot to spend.

$300 seems ridiculous, if it were a custom piece I could see that, but I don't see many 1/12 collectors dropping $300 on that.

The scene has enough importance and value to me to maybe pay that. I am contemplating a preorder - shipping seems tolerable by international shipping standards - although I'd get hit by customs aswell so overall it would be pricey for sure.

1/12? Literally any other scale would've been better. :lol

1/10, 1/6, 1/4....

I know. I did see this same diorama done in 1/6th and offered on ebay, think I linked it in the DX13 thread but I didn't trust preordering something so expensive on ebay from a seller I'd never bought from before.

As for 1/12, it's definitely on the rise but this diorama is clearly T2-inspired and yet, to my knowledge, there hasn't been any T2 figures in this scale outside of the solitary Great Twins clean T-800 and that figure sucks.

I'd easily prefer this in 1/10 but maybe Maulfan is right and you could get away with using NECA figures on this.

Just want to share my newest 1/4 Neca Endoskeleton repaint.
a962efc467cefb4408c747039a6fb3e4.jpg
20f73fc91fd9902f13419f6be6f3ab7e.jpg
fa42046c12aabd17c740812282853a11.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Amazing what a paint job can do for a decent sculpt eh
that's definitely a great paint job, lots of expensive skeletons really lack it, but i'd easily say Neca endoskeleton is one of the worst endoskeleton sculpts ever.

that's definitely a great paint job, lots of expensive skeletons really lack it, but i'd easily say Neca endoskeleton is one of the worst endoskeleton sculpts ever.
Thanks P.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yeah, not a fan of that sculpt at all but you've elevated it with the new paintjob, immediately makes it look more high-end.

In other news, we don't get much news on Terminator anymore but someone asked if there'd more Kenner tributes and the reply was maybe in 2021. I'd ask questions about more movie-based figures but I don't think I'm established enough on twitter for him to notice me.

Back