Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw there's 3rd party 1/12 sculpt for T1 arnold, but it's purported to be for the Phicen 1/12 Male body, but the head's too goddamn small. I've seen SOOOO many custom 3rd party 1/12 headsculpts that are too small. I have no idea what those companies are doing. Make them Mezco size or release them with full body kits cause no other parts will make them look good. They're just so stupid to do it this way.

Yep. As I mentioned in another thread yesterday that's why I've stuck to plastic 1/12 figures so far such as the Alien and Robocop. Soft goods are terrible on anything below 1/6.

Must be frustrating for fans of particular licenses that NECA only makes in their 'real clothes' range.

Must be frustrating for fans of particular licenses that NECA only makes in their 'real clothes' range.

Yes and no, those figures are made to be like vintage MEGO figures, so the overall figures aren't even articulated or made up to the same level as the all plastic figures, so it's disappointing on a few levels, not just because of the cloth.

I will say, the cloth "skirt" on the NECA Ghostface takes it down a notch, I get they were trying to get the legs posable, but it didn't need that, solid rubber or plastic would have been fine and matched the rest of the figure.

Anyone go there Dark Fate Arnold and Sarah connor figures yet? They are on ebay 'in stock'. I paid a small deposit with Kapow Toy's so still waiting for official release.

Just got them in from BBTS today. They're excellent figures. Incredible sculpting, very good likenesses, impressive arsenal of weapons, great articulation.

Arnie's double jointed elbows do look a bit odd but I have to say I don't mind it and I'd really like to see new T1 and T2 T-800s with this added joint. It pains me that NECA may not do it.

I'd also love to see Trevor Grove be given a crack at doing new T1/T2 Arnie sculpts. And heck the T-1000 aswell, why not. The old one is good but a bit long in the face.

Just got them in from BBTS today. They're excellent figures. Incredible sculpting, very good likenesses, impressive arsenal of weapons, great articulation.

Arnie's double jointed elbows do look a bit odd but I have to say I don't mind it and I'd really like to see new T1 and T2 T-800s with this added joint. It pains me that NECA may not do it.

I'd also love to see Trevor Grove be given a crack at doing new T1/T2 Arnie sculpts.

I'd almost say they're TOO good. While articulate was improved on the Genisys figures, overall they still felt about the same quality as all the other Terminator figures and didn't stand out. I got myself a Carl and it looks great, but the paint, the sculpt, the articulation, are all so far beyond the rest of the Terminator collection from NECA that he feels like an odd man out. Interesting that they included the sunglasses head.

I don't hold out much hope, but at this point, I'd be happy to at least get a BD Carl and not just the clean one, anything from T1 or T2 updated would be awesome, but not banking on it.

That was a fast response.

Yeah, very impressed with the Dark Fate figures. I think Randy has already basically ruled out another wave based on the response to the movie. I bought these so I would buy other figures from it but I won't be broken up if this is all we get.

But dammit I really want T1 and T2 figures of this standard and Randy seems happy enough with the existing Ultimates they've done.

So has literally no one done or will do a Rev 9 figure then? I haven't seen them in stores yet but I haven't been shopping that much lately either.

No. I doubt NECA ever intended to make him. Series 2 was probably just gonna be a battle-damaged Carl but I think even that has been pre-cancelled.

Can someone with Twitter ask Randy why no news on the 40th Alien line? He said he would provide an update today and he posted a silly packaging pic for a rhino alien. I would ask but the son of a ***** blocked me.

Yeah, not what we had been told to expect. He did say 'maybe' but it was an unprompted post so 'maybe' felt more like 'definitely'

I get Sarah and the T-800 tomorrow. They were the best part of Dark Fate so I'm pretty excited to have some sort of merchandise from the film. Sucks to hear about wave 2 but I kind of figured as much. NECA is honestly turning into HT lately as far as variety goes. Kenner inspired stuff, horror, and TMNT is about all there is.

terminator-dark-fate-clip.jpg

Was wondering why Sarah didn't come with the bazooka or this gun^ from her intro scene - turns out NECA haven't made that version of Sarah. It's based on after they meet up with Carl. So pretty much the scenes on the plane onward. I hadn't really paid attention.

Meanwhile Threezero are releasing the intro scene Sarah but are not providing whatever that first gun is.

It's some sort of fully auto shotgun with a drum mag. Yeah I think that version of Sarah looks better too. NECA should at least give us a battle damaged Carl.

Well in any case it's a terrific figure. 2/2 for NECA Sarah Connors. Visually this one's a smidge better actually - it doesn't have the overlong, spindly legs of the T2 one, thus the proportions are better. If the patented NECA one leg longer than the other issue is present it is at least not as extreme.

On T2 Sarah's side you have the 3 heads. Dark Fate could have done with a 3rd head, BD with a sterner expression maybe.

As for BD Carl, there's multiple stages to choose from probably. The absolute final stage has him with one of his feet blown/ripped off so that would make an awkward figure. Maybe the stage prior then where he's just missing a hand and fighting the Rev-9 with that thing...whatever it is he picks up.

It's a bummer that NECA refuses to make T3 figures, thus no super BD T-850 and now probably no super BD Carl either.

Good to hear that the quality is good. I was planning on repainting them if they looked bad. But I'd buy a NECA battle damage T-850 in a heartbeat. T3 sucks but Arnold looked awesome regardless.

I forgot about Carl losing his foot, doesn't the rev 9 rip his hand off too?

Back