Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse the terrible drawing , this is how i think it will be done.

jackface3.jpg

Never mind the neck adapter part ..i just mean to show the part that sticks to the neck.

:horror

Thats one of the scariest things I've ever seen on Sideshow Freaks. :thud:

If you handle the head with care I don't think you'll have any issues.

That's what she said.

REPORTED.

:dance

Anyone who paid any attention at all to the movie would surely be able to recognise these sculpts as whatsername and whatsername. But I can't really argue too much 'cause I'm one of those who cancelled my PO's when I saw how crap they were :lol

I'm one of those who thinks the Reeve sculpt is absolutely recognisable as Reeve. It's not a perfect sculpt, but it is undoubtedly Reeve, and anyone who can't see the likeness is either blind or has no idea who Reeve was in the first place.

As for Jack, you and I collect for different reasons I suspect. With a couple of exceptions, I collect figures purely based on my personal resonance with the character and actor. Batman, Supes etc owe a lot of their 'timeless' appeal to the fact that they have a whole comic book pedigree behind them. As far as movie performances go though, I'm pretty sure JS will be seen as an iconic, enduring film character over time. I loved Depp's Sparrow, but came into the game too late to pick up the original JS at a reasonable price. There's no way I'll be passing on this release.

HT keep raising the bar to the point where many punters are no longer happy with anything short of perfection. But when I look at the figures on my shelves, few of them would be able to pass the 'Sideshowfreaks Likeness Perfection Test'.

If you're after a flagship figure to represent how good HT can be, you'd be better off with a classic like Don Vito to do that for you, or perhaps one of the upcoming releases, like BB Bruce Wayne, 89 Joker or Bats. But this Sparrow will be the best we've seen to date and the best we'll see in a while I'd say. If you're a fan of the Sparrow character it's a no brainer - but if you're mostly interested in a 'perfect' sculpt, and you're not a big fan of the movie or character, why don't you just pass on it? There's plenty of other awesome stuff to put your money towards.

I am passing on it. Sadly my decision is more influenced by how poor I am more than how much I enjoyed the movie.

Hope I don't regret it in the future.

This is my first Hot Toys purchase which is strange because I'm not a big fan of Pirates but I really like this sculpt and the accessories for a display. (plus the fact it was low quantity and I liked the long telescope)

I'm a much bigger fan of Indiana Jones but I hesitate to purchase that figure.

I figure this will be my Hot Toys test. If I like it, I'll get 89 Batman, 89 Joker, and the Batmobile. Actually, I'll probably getting those anyway.

Whats the latest on the release date on this? Need to know how long I've got before I have to pay of the remaining on it :gah:

Got my email saying flexpay has been moved a month , wouldnt be surprised they do the same next month .

Last flex pay just changed to Oct 20th. Guess they are really having a problem with that 2nd face.

Got my email saying flexpay has been moved a month , wouldnt be surprised they do the same next month .

:tap

I want my Sparrow already. I haven't got a Hot Toys figure since T-800 T1 at the beginning of the year.

Back