Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is an evolution in quality for HT that I have not see since this guy. It really takes the game up a notch.

review_brjoker_10.jpg

I just opened it. My first response. ____ing hell! Amazing!

Edit: 2nd response, there are definite scale issues..head too small, hands too big. Boots bigger than head.. but it doesn't matter, this
is incredible. HT have set a new bar.

Last edited:
I just opened it. My first response. ____ing hell! Amazing!

Edit: 2nd response, there are definite scale issues..head too small, hands too big. Boots bigger than head.. but it doesn't matter, this
is incredible. HT have set a new bar.

Seems like they are converting to a new scale...almost...Indy has a smaller head too!

Seems like they are converting to a new scale...almost...Indy has a smaller head too!

Yeah, this isn't as much an issue as Indy because of all the clothes and hair/hat.
Incredible work though. And QC perfect, I'm glad to say.

I have watched all the unboxing videos, looked at all the pics..
And my jaw still dropped when I opened the box.

:clap

I don't know about converting, just saving money by not making new hands to go with this smaller figures. Also I hate 'pin headed' stuff so It's shame that Jacks fallen foul of that. Despite that though I look forward to getting him. :D

Wouldn't they have sculpted new hands for this release?

Anyway, here's a quick pic. Can't shoot this today..
A lot of Sparrow goodness here..

DSC04532.jpg

I think the Reeve Superman head was too small too (although it never looks that way in photos only on a shelf), but only by a touch - like it was sculpted for a smaller size body or something.

I don't know about converting, just saving money by not making new hands to go with this smaller figures. Also I hate 'pin headed' stuff so It's shame that Jacks fallen foul of that. Despite that though I look forward to getting him. :D

Wouldn't they have sculpted new hands for this release?

Yes, these are unique hands made specifically for Jack. They may have had someone sculpting them who just based their size on other HT hands and didn't scale them down. Hands were a bit mismatched on the old Jacks, though only the open palm ones looked way off there but they did look like baseball gloves almost.

From all the photos I've seen, I'm fine with proportions on this figure, just impatiently waiting to get mine.

Wow....just got caught up on the thread....Arkham City, and Uncharted 3 had my interest the last couple I days, needless to say 10-15 pages back were a bit confusing but at least it ended with awesome pics of Jack.

Love the Jar of Dirt, Shackles and Rolled up parchment! Whered you find those?

P.S. Also loving your TOD Indy in the background there ;)

Sorry, I put them into the pic being a smart ass. They are available, 2 kits over in the customs thread. Well worth buying..:monkey3

Back