Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
angrhomer.gif

Love your avatar pic Maulfan. I've actually carved Sweeney Todd in a pumpkin last year for the pumpkin carving contest we always have in the architecture department

Thanks, I wanted to do something interesting, but I haven't carved a pumpkin in awhile so when thinking of ideas, Jack came to mind, plus I'm in the Pirates mood with the movie coming out, but now I want the figure released more than ever.

I would have thought u ordered Indy after seeing the recent better pics.

I just did this morning (really due to getting a good deal). Indy will be here before Sparrow after all (sometime after Halloween)...

Still, more excited about Sparrow because I know it will be like a little Depp in hand moreso than Indy. But I'm hoping I can make a superior Indy in time out of this base figure.

Decided to jump on this train and give HT another chance at having a Cap Jack in my collection. It looked great at comic-con so I flexed this last night and will have it in Jan.

Decided to jump on this train and give HT another chance at having a Cap Jack in my collection. It looked great at comic-con so I flexed this last night and will have it in Jan.

Don't you mean bandwagon?

At this rate we will all have broken ankles from the on-gain off-again with recent HTs releases...

Alice
Sups
Indy
IM

hell even the inclusion of the smiling HS has me wondering about this fig.

Not too much tho' I'd buy it without:monkey3 (Don't you dare HTs to not include it :thwak

Bandwagon is probably a better word. Though to be fair I've got a permanent seat on the HT bandwagon. I've got more than my fair share of HT figures.

I remember your troubles with the original Jack, but I think you're safe this time, all the flaws in the first Sparrow seem to be resolved, most especially the skin tone. Hot Toys went through a weird period with skin tones when the first Jack came out, even the Rambo 3 and M65 Rambo have it a bit, though not so bad as Jack, that almost grey, in Jack's case a bit too dark, skin. This new Jack looks as good as the Terminator Salvation figures, standard flesh tones with nice dirtying effects.

Soooo looking forward to getting this. This and Sweeney Todd are the only two figures I'm going to shell out for this year.

I'm desperate for a more accurate Jack and I think in this release we're finally going to get one. :D

The only concern I have about this figure is the coat color, most shots it looks right, some not so much, I'm also curious if all the folds are in the back, HT shortcut that on the first figure's coat. Everything else came out great and I can't wait to get him.

I'm curious what the box art will look like now that Indy's changed the DX packaging, as far as I know, Indy is the first DX without that cold, charcoal grey box.

I'm not so bothered about the coat. I'm just so pleased that finally we're going to get a figure thats around the right height and build for the character.

I mean the first versions were freaking giant! :lol

Yes, and based on the parted out Sweeney Todd photos, it would seem Hot Toys has recognized that a body like the Slim is much more faithful to Depp's build. Of course, in the days of the old Jack, they only had the one body. It's crazy how far their figures have come over the last 4 years.

I love the coatless look of this figure though, they did such a top notch job on that.

20444610150147900687344.jpg

I even love that you can rest his hand and make him have that ready to fight look, though this shot reminds me more of AWE when they're coming up on the pool with the dead Singapore guy floating in it.

20153010150147900822344.jpg

Oh god yes! the quality on that looks amazing. My only tiny issue I have is that the hands are always so bloody large on the slim, but then I suppose you can't have everything. :lol

Oh god yes! the quality on that looks amazing. My only tiny issue I have is that the hands are always so bloody large on the slim, but then I suppose you can't have everything. :lol

In this case, I don't think they'll look too bad because of how puffy his shirt sleeves are and how thick it will all look with the coat on. Agreed though, on some figures, the hands look off, like the T-1000, they're not really oversized to the body and head, but the arms are so slim it looks like a mismatch.

I can't wait to pose this guy, now that HT's also learned and made his right wrist wrap separate from the hand so you can really pose that, I hated how stiff the right hands were on the old Jacks, really limited what you would do with the figure, plus only 2 right hands and 1 left with both Jacks.

Oh lord yes. Having that wrap as a solid sculpt really hindered the poor thing. Having it in fabric will really open this up for all possibilities as you say.

I'm looking forward to seeing that ships wheel in real life too as It looks great and will look superb with this figure.

Between PERS and the full posability of this figure and the wheel, I think this is going to be one of the most fun figures I ever get.

If not one of the most beautiful imo. The outfit and the attention to fine detail looks to be outstanding.

Back