Media OFFICIAL: Hideo Kojima and KP Working for SONY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll start off by saying that I'm glad Kojima FINALLY broke away from Metal Gear. The dude is a genius, bogged down by his own cursed creation. Granted, MGS ended on a sour note with MGSV, but at least it's all behind him now.

Well, this is some good news, I'm pretty excited. Kojima's got a lot of ideas that never came into fruition because of his continued work with MGS.

I really hope he works on a re-brand of Silent Hills. It's such a punch in the face that the game will never get made under Konami.

Last edited:
Well, this is some good news, I'm pretty excited. Kojima's got a lot of ideas that never came into fruition because of his continued work with MGS.

I really hope he works on a re-brand of Silent Hills. It's such a punch in face that the game will never get made under Konami.

I for one, am glad if such horror title is not related to Silent Hill. P.T was excellent, but it was no Silent Hill. Let Silent Hill and MGS rest in peace.

This is great news, I would love to see something new from him. I think a gritty drama like the "Last Of Us"
or an open world game with actual content from him would be awesome.

I hope Kojima will finally make a great game again. The last great game was snake eater. MGS4 was a great movie and the rest of his games have largely been garbage.

I just hope he doesnt churn out more crap that his testicle suckers lap up.

When Kojima is given free reigns on game making, he came up with masterpieces like MGS1, 2, and 3. When he doesn't have it in him, he was self loathing and came up with MGS4 and subsequent MGS games have only went downhill.

I think it's inevitable that some fans would want more MGS games by Kojima but these fans are fooling themselves. Kojima wanted to end the series with MGS2 and this new partnership is nothing short of a happy ending for him.

Kojima and Sony partnership? Best news I heard all year.

The man has only made game of the year quality games for a majority of his career and I look forward to see what he has in store next.

Also looks like Yoji is on board too!

225620a62adcc52552a5b490338d8bcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, some PS4 exclusives would be nice. I'm glad he went with them and not Square, or Capcom.

I'm going to try and have an open mind about this, since he's obviously never working on MGS again.

Awesome news, cant wait to see what he does next. From the looks of his logo hes going to do mecha stuff. Notive shinkawa is still sporting the digiborg watch?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Great news I guess. But whatever he ends up doing, I really hope he gives PC gamers some love. I've reading that this game (unnamed) he's working on with Sony might see a PC release too? I don't see how that likely but oh well.

Seeing how Sony now has the most recognizable creator in the industry under their wing, everything he'll do will probably stay exclusive.

Seeing how Sony now has the most recognizable creator in the industry under their wing, everything he'll do will probably stay exclusive.

I always wondered how ridiculously spotty the MGS series has been on other platforms:

Microsoft: MG1, MG2, MGS2, MGSHD, MGR, MGSV.

Nintendo: MG, MG2:SR, MG: BB, MGS: TTS, MGS3D.

PC: MGS1, MGS2, MGR, MGSV

Sony: Well..

Last edited:
I can confirm that MGS 3D has its problems from what Ryan said, compared to the other versions. I never quite got why Nintendo never got other MGS games considering Kojima is on great terms with most of their creators (to the point where Snake was in Brawl, and only didn't come into Melee due to time constraints)

I dunno, I think MGS itself is better on Sony, but Metal Gear on its own could perform well on its own perhaps. But didn't MG2:SS come to the NES/SNES?

This is an interesting change nonethless. I wonder what crazy ideas he'll do?

I can confirm that MGS 3D has its problems from what Ryan said, compared to the other versions. I never quite got why Nintendo never got other MGS games considering Kojima is on great terms with most of their creators (to the point where Snake was in Brawl, and only didn't come into Melee due to time constraints)

I dunno, I think MGS itself is better on Sony, but Metal Gear on its own could perform well on its own perhaps. But didn't MG2:SS come to the NES/SNES?

This is an interesting change nonethless. I wonder what crazy ideas he'll do?

MGS3D was a great idea, but the performance was really bad. I loved the PW gameplay in it though.

MG2: SS never came out outside of MSX2 until 2005, and Nintendo never got it.

MGS3D was a great idea, but the performance was really bad. I loved the PW gameplay in it though.

MG2: SS never came out outside of MSX2 until 2005, and Nintendo never got it.
I can't really go back to MGS 3D at this point. I grew used to the controls until I tried doing a no kill run on extreme, and with the HD Collection I see no reason to really return, even for portable reasons. Even though I have the New 3DS with a c-stick, it's still...odd. Other games like RE perform ok at worst with it, MGS 3D doesn't.

Interesting on MG2!

Also, TTS was criticized for its control scheme since the GameCube controller has less buttons than the PS2 controller. IIRC

Oh Kojima you clever old man you

12366467_722542964549011_8614063815658888793_n.jpg

And so begins Kojima vs. Konami again!

The Fox logo was a cool subtle choice. But this thing? You're not cool anymore dude. You're a 50 year old trendy hipster. It just looks like any generic thing someone posts on deviantart. Even the font sucks. :lol

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

The old logo would look so much better without that damn oval. Or at least give the edges more breathing space.

Back