Media OFFICIAL: Hideo Kojima and KP Working for SONY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not riking it.

policenauts.jpg

Is it not good, I never played it?

I haven't either, but was turned off by SuperBunnyHop's review. He truly knows his Kojima lore, so I trust him. I mean, groping people? Really Kojima? :slap

I would think he has grown since then though lol, plus he is Japanese so you almost have to give him a pass.... Almost

Trust me, nothing pleases me more than you being right. :lol

XMwbOF.gif

I have heard good things about Policenauts as well but I imagine Kojima is the Love Or Hate kind of guy. I have never played it so I can't say.

I just want to see something new from him, I am in the minority I think in that I really enjoyed MGS 4 but 1-4 are the only ones that I consider Canon, everything after that is dog **** in my opinion.

Kojima is the epitome of Love or Hate :lol compared to other Japanese developers, at least.

I have heard good things about Policenauts as well but I imagine Kojima is the Love Or Hate kind of guy. I have never played it so I can't say.

I just want to see something new from him, I am in the minority I think in that I really enjoyed MGS 4 but 1-4 are the only ones that I consider Canon, everything after that is dog **** in my opinion.

MGS4 isn't bad at all, it just didn't lived up to it's potential. You kinda feel Kojima's undercurrent of self loathing with that game.

The problem with Kojima isn't that he isn't a brilliant man, it's that he can get full of himself that he desperately needs an editor or a co-writer to keep things in check. For a guy who claims to be more "American than Japanese", he sure kept intact his Japanese perverse humor that surely wouldn't fly anywhere else. It worked in MGS1, 2 and 3, but it started to fall apart in MGS4 onward.

But yeah, I'd love to see him tackle space themes again, but I doubt his writing would connect with most people.

MGS 4 I think you can tell (it varies from painfully obvious to painful.) Kojima was REALLY losing it, from stuff like 'Kojima's head' to the theme 'old vs. new' and so on. But it didn't live up to its potential, frankly. IT really didn't, and that game had something. It's an ok game, certainly still Metal Gear unlike MGS V...but it has a lot of flaws still.

I really enjoyed MGS 4, it has some flaws but overall I thought it was a great game. My bigget gripe was a little more gameplay and actually the biggest thing that bothered me was the whole Ocelot Nanomachines and Therapy to embody Liquid, I always thought that since the sorrow was his father that he would have a connection to the dead and that Liquid would be trying to take over. In general I really don't like the way Kojima did a full 360 and took a **** on Snake and began to favor Big Boss.

I think a more narrow minded approach would be a good move. Stop trying to get into people's heads with social messages, he doesn't have a flare for that anymore. Stick to something like PT or DS.

Stealth Horror Game? Hiding from monsters would be quite a new direction for gaming in general. That would definitely be a tense experience.

Siren was kinda stealth horror game. Played Siren Blood Curse on the PSN... :horror intense game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there's a person who has positive feelings toward the nanomachines **** (Well, maybe some weirdos in here...) and what they did with Liquid. I think when MGS 3 came out, people believed that connection with The Sorrow, but apparently not, it would have made sense.

The big boss favoring wasn't good either

I don't think there's a person who has positive feelings toward the nanomachines **** (Well, maybe some weirdos in here...) and what they did with Liquid. I think when MGS 3 came out, people believed that connection with The Sorrow, but apparently not, it would have made sense.

The big boss favoring wasn't good either

I never understood it as Snake is arguably the main character and certainly a stronger "person" than his father or anyone else for that matter.

Siren was kinda stealth horror game. Played Siren Blood Curse on the PSN... :horror intense game!

You hearing this, Plis? I told you Siren was good. Now buy it and start playing! (if it's on sale at any time).

You hearing this, Plis? I told you Siren was good. Now buy it and start playing! (if it's on sale at any time).

Too bad I can't replay it. :lol forgot my password and yahoo deactivated my account for not logging in.

But, yes it's a really intense game. Good scares and the shibitos are creepy!

I never understood it as Snake is arguably the main character and certainly a stronger "person" than his father or anyone else for that matter.
The first Big Boss title, Snake Eater, was amazing for what it was, but everything afterward misunderstood what that game was on a huge level. It's a shame because MGS 3 is my favorite title in the franchise. But it's weird how they focused hugely on him and shafted Solid Snake...

Raiden would have been fine if MGR continued, because it's totally different.

I played the demo, but I couldn't get into it :lol
Yeah same :lol it seemed neat though. I was also sorta off put by the game not getting a physical release in the U.S., maybe I should import it since while in India a few times, I spotted a copy of it. I never got why this is a thing, U.S. gets no physical release but everywhere else does.

I played the demo, but I couldn't get into it :lol

Yeah same :lol it seemed neat though. I was also sorta off put by the game not getting a physical release in the U.S., maybe I should import it since while in India a few times, I spotted a copy of it. I never got why this is a thing, U.S. gets no physical release but everywhere else does.

Don't judge the game from the crappy demo. I think they used scenes from Episode 1 along with some promotional material. The actual game is really good, gave me terrible nightmares, too. There are so many fecked up moments in the storyline.

Too bad I can't replay it. :lol forgot my password and yahoo deactivated my account for not logging in.

But, yes it's a really intense game. Good scares and the shibitos are creepy!

I'd still do the nurses...

All the sequels made him so uninteresting. Some legends should just stay at that.

"A legend is usually bad news. Someone tells it, someone else remembers, everybody passes it on."

Don't judge the game from the crappy demo. I think they used scenes from Episode 1 along with some promotional material. The actual game is really good, gave me terrible nightmares, too. There are so many fecked up moments in the storyline.

Maybe I'll give it a whirl. I'm sure it would make my girl watch me play, since she loves horror games.

Back