Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe they're doing a Pan and waiting until just after release?

:lol :ohbfrank: So utterly dead in the water. I hope they didn't waste Bellatrix-money on that wet fart of a license. :lol

I can see it making a billion.

Neeeeeoope.

Good point. And in all honesty, from what ive seen so far I'm not expecting anything that amazing.

Its always a very very bad sign when studios go into a film series already planning to make it an epic 8 film saga without even seeing if audiences care enough to love the first film.

:lol :exactly: It's absurd. They've got eight films planned and barely any pre-release hype for the first one. Ridiculously unrealistic expectations from WB, I think.

They've only got 5 films planned, and the first is getting pretty good buzz based on some Twitter reactions.

Besides, I have faith in these if JK Rowling is writing them.

They've only got 5 films planned, and the first is getting pretty good buzz based on some Twitter reactions.

Besides, I have faith in these if JK Rowling is writing them.

You mean the same woman who wrote Harry Potter and The Cursed Cash-Grab?

Why 5 films? Even Indiana Jones and Back to the Future didn't have that many. Shouldn't we wait to see if the franchise is likeable enough to do one film well before planning an unusually long series based around it? (which inevitably results in the first film pulling a lot of its punches just to leave stuff open for a sequel)

Last edited:
You mean the same woman who wrote Harry Potter and The Cursed Cash-Grab?

Why 5 films? Even Indiana Jones and Back to the Future didn't have that many. Shouldn't we wait to see if the franchise is likeable enough to do one film well before planning an unusually long series based around it? (which inevitably results in the first film pulling a lot of its punches just to leave stuff open for a sequel)

She didn't write it. She had an idea for a story (we don't know what she contributed) and some other guy ran with it and wrote the ****** piece of fan-fic that turned into a play.

Regarding the 5 films, she said that's just the way things worked out when she was writing out the story. I don't have a problem with it. :dunno Not sure what the big deal is about there being 5 films instead of 3. That'd be like complaining that there are too many Harry Potter books (not counting cursed child).

My problem isn't so much with splitting hairs over 5 vs 3. (Although 5 is a huge amount for any series) My problem is in the idea of starting a franchise by planning sequels before the first movie is even out.

We already knew Harry Potter was going to work because it was being based around an established series that at that moment already had 4 hugely popular books released. We were already familiar with the characters and story. This is a brand new franchise with a brand new story and characters. We have no clue if this is going to work at all; let alone inspire the same fan-mania or devotion necessary to carry almost half a dozen movies.

Why not just make one of these movies, structuring the story as if it will be a stand alone film; without any plot holes to be addressed in expanded media or those "we'll explore it in the sequel" moments? And then if people enjoy it, then move forward with a franchise?

Right now this seems to be like putting the cart before the horse in a really huge way.

Last edited:
I tend to agree that WB might be getting ahead of themselves with this.

It could become huge but I don't think it's a guarantee by any stretch.

Speaking only from my own experience, me and some of my friends that were/are really into Potter (read the books as they came out, seen the movies right when they came out, etc...) aren't hyped for this.

It's something that I'll probably go see at some point but my general love for HP is not just extending to Fantastic Beasts. I wasn't excited when it was announced and I'm not very excited now. The movie will have to convince me otherwise. I haven't purchased a single piece of merchandise from it so far.

super close to release and I'm only slightly hyped. I'll watch it but I'm probably not gonna go opening weekend.

That's where I got him. Couldn't pass it up. I think for that price he isn't bad. A bit basic, but a good figure. Wouldn't pay more than that.

That's OK then, that's what I thought! :) I have ordered him - should be getting him tomorrow! :yess:

I tend to agree that WB might be getting ahead of themselves with this.

It could become huge but I don't think it's a guarantee by any stretch.

Speaking only from my own experience, me and some of my friends that were/are really into Potter (read the books as they came out, seen the movies right when they came out, etc...) aren't hyped for this.

It's something that I'll probably go see at some point but my general love for HP is not just extending to Fantastic Beasts. I wasn't excited when it was announced and I'm not very excited now. The movie will have to convince me otherwise. I haven't purchased a single piece of merchandise from it so far.

:exactly: Agreed!

Neeeeeoope.

:rotfl

Regarding the 5 films, she said that's just the way things worked out when she was writing out the story. I don't have a problem with it. :dunno Not sure what the big deal is about there being 5 films instead of 3. That'd be like complaining that there are too many Harry Potter books (not counting cursed child).

I would normally agree with this, but I've worked in all three areas - Plays, movies and novels, and they are so, so different. She's a storyteller primarily, yes, so you'd think that would translate to screenplays too, but that's not always the case. Just because HP was so blinkin' epic and will live for a very long time, that doesn't mean FB will be anywhere near that level. I hope it is, but I'll be very surprised.

She may not have written the play but her stamp of approval on it is worrying. I'm not saying she's lost her mental faculties or anything, I just hope she's a little more discerning with her own work. :lol

:exactly:

I'm a big Potter fan, and I'm not bothered either. I even went to the midnight release of the play (gawd help me).

All that being said, I hope it's a brilliant film because I'd love the HP world to be expanded. 7 books wasn't enough. I'm not holding my breath though.

Was looking at BBTS for Casual Hermione at $118.99
Then I went to SSC and they had her for $119.99.
I then remembered the rewards points from Spooktacular.
I got her from SSC for only $80.74 plus free shipping.

Was looking at BBTS for Casual Hermione at $118.99
Then I went to SSC and they had her for $119.99.
I then remembered the rewards points from Spooktacular.
I got her from SSC for only $80.74 plus free shipping.

I got mine yesterday from Sideshow. With Rewards Points from the past two Spooktaculars she was free for me. She's a great figure.

From Dave:

Dumbledore II will be solicited very, very soon.

Approvals for Fantastic Beasts is taking a while, so we probably won't see any reveals until long after the film debuts.

Apart from those, the only figures we've seen protos of that haven't been officially announced yet are Dobby and an unseen Lucius, the 1/8th scale Harry and Voldemort and the long absent Yule Ball Hermione and mysterious disembodied Hungarian Horntail head.

Last edited:
From Dave:

Apart from those, the only figures we've seen protos of that haven't been officially announced yet are Dobby and an unseen Lucius, the 1/8th scale Harry and Voldemort and the long absent Yule Ball Hermione and mysterious disembodied Hungarian Horntail head.

:lol That image they showed haunts my nightmares.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back