Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That POA Harry has something in the Uncanny Valley going on. Just a smidge too much artificial in the sculpt to be sold on it. But what I will say is that I'm totally blown away by the irises on the proto. Whoever painted those for SA needs a good pat on their back.

Snape vs. Mad Eye(with a special guest)...

Snape4.jpg
Snape5.jpg
Snape6.jpg
Snape7.jpg
Snape8.jpg
Snape9.jpg
Snape10.jpg
Snape11.jpg
Snape12.jpg
Snape13.jpg
Snape14.jpg
Snape15.jpg

Cant you take a pictures of the shelf with Hagtid and the thrio Entropy :)

Looks like Snape finaly got the girl ;)

I'm hoping that SA knocks Newt out of the park, but I'm reserved on that. I almost say I'm too far removed from the original series to appreciate these fully anymore. Even as a kid, I lost interest after the third film and book, they lost the charm that made the series for me. Fantastic beasts though has been the first thing HP related to peak my interest, and I always love adding characters with bold colors to my collection, so that teal jacket would be a rad addition.

Even as a kid, I lost interest after the third film and book, they lost the charm that made the series for me.

Same for me. I'm going back and reading through the series now. I never made it past the fifth book originally. On the fourth now. The series got so dark at that point, I think it lost a lot of the appeal and wonderment for me.

If you can power through Order of the Phoenix, great things await...

I actually really liked OOTP in the final analysis. It was definitely slow and dialogue/story telling driven, but the texture that book adds to the narrative is priceless. No way the movie(s) had a chance of conveying.

Random question: which version of the Sirius figure (regular vs prison outfit) do you guys think is better?

Random question: which version of the Sirius figure (regular vs prison outfit) do you guys think is better?

I've got both and I think Azkaban Prisoner version was a complete waste of money. Same sculpt etc. Get the OOTP one. You'll just need to pin back the jacket with a safety pin.

I've got both and I think Azkaban Prisoner version was a complete waste of money. Same sculpt etc. Get the OOTP one. You'll just need to pin back the jacket with a safety pin.

Oooh, that bad, eh? I do recall hearing some complaints about the prison outfit itself. Weird looking "fraying..."

As usual with SA, it didn't match the prototype. The outfit was poorly handled. I was rather annoyed, but still glad I have it. Started making tweaks, but not gone further yet. They cheaped out and did same sculpt and paint too.

OOTP - if you can grab it at a good price then go for it - nice figure, IMO.

Oooh, that bad, eh? I do recall hearing some complaints about the prison outfit itself. Weird looking "fraying..."

Yep, the 'frayed rags' especially on the pant legs were just thick jagged triangles.

You could get the prisoner look if you had intentions to mangle the clothing yourself and you prefer the look to the OOTP outfit. But the OOTP outfit is classier (goes without saying :lol).

Did anybody ever confirm whether the Draco school robes figure has a different sculpt than the quidditch figure?

I bought the quidditch 2 pack with free shipping using the $30 Spooktacular coupon. Now I got an email with a $25 coupon that is good on school robes Draco, which also has free shipping. But I don't want to buy it if the head sculpts are the same.

Back